Arming your own troops? Hm?

Users who are viewing this thread

(i'm new in the forum)

The idea for me would seem to be better if you could create your own customized army. For example, you ave the nords, the vaegirs, he swadian, but you could choose to create your own set of knights, archers, footmans, etc. it could be done through a tech tree system too perhaps. I think any of this ideas is good, since it would give you the capability to personalize your army, instead of just using soldiers from one of the kingdoms.

Good idea,but only for Mercenaries.
Why not from Faction Soldiers ? Because they have their own faction items,so it will be silly if you equip i don't know maybe Saranid Mameluke with some Nordic items.

Arming your mercenaries sounds even sillier to be honest. Why would experienced professionals let some clown dress them up and make them use weapons they're not as accustomed to and experienced with as their own?

I modded that...  Basically I have the option to upgrade recruits to my player troop tree
All troops in the player troop tree are naked and I equipped.  They have the same let me see your equipment dialogue option as NYC companions
So you can equip them with whatever.
It is good to start with, especially with small numbers of each troop type.  But later in game, or if your party is all the same troop type, it can be very unbalancing
The reason for that is that you only have to pay for one of each item, and it equips all. Of those troops. So for a relatively low cost, you can equip half your party with top level gear.

I think there should just be an option for giving your people tabards with your Coat of Arms, they'd have it on their armor and you'll be able to distinguish your troops from the enemies. Of course something like that doesn't make any sense if you prefer playing with banners over your people's heads (only for cosmetic reasons then).

Just make like a customization arsenal on your tows where you create your own troop tree taking extra costs for extra equipment and skills, and a cap for each tier.

avmrb42 said:
Just make like a customization arsenal on your tows where you create your own troop tree taking extra costs for extra equipment and skills, and a cap for each tier.
Great idea.

My suggestion to this is Bulk Buying, you buy bulks of the same item(s), and the troops will equip them. Make padded leather common, leather armors cheap and affordable, mails and platings for noble troops (Knights, etc.). Of course, it will be an overhaul on the entire troop tree.

Back
Top Bottom