Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Macklund

Recruit
Hi,
Thought I should start a thread regarding what we players would want in the upcoming Mount and Blade.
So please post all your ideas here in this thread, so that the developers can get some inspiration while creating the game.

Some stuff I would like to see is;
- New, better & more advanced engine.
- Improved AI, both in battles & in the world map.
- Improved Graphics & perhaps allow larger battles. (I know there's a mod for this, but why don't just include it? :wink: ).
- Destructible environment (would be pretty cool, in castle fights).
- A more complex economy (especially if you run your own kingdom/& got land e.g castle or perhaps something new?).
- A bigger impact from different weathers. Perhaps mud while raining making it slippery? Or snow, making it harder for units to fight in, since they'll have to fight the deep snow also.
- I would also like to see a bigger world map, giving you a lot more to explore.
- New quests, so that you don't feel like you're doing the same all the time.
- Deeper game story.
- Sound while talking. I love to listen to the units talk while for example getting a quest. Improves the game feeling a lot.
- If made great: some naval action.

Now, please post all you're ideas about how you want the Mount and Blade 2 to look like!!

- Multiplayer campaign.
- Different system for troop improvement - No more knight courses for peasants. If it is possible, avoiding the "only top-tier troops" effect, too.
- If the factions included allow it I'd like to see new mounts, as chariots or elephants.

-Improved AI, not only in battle but even in the campaign map
-Improved sieges with rams catapults etc. actually they're rather retarded
-Better animations with full riggable model so the neck wont clip outside the helmet
-Facial animations, nothing like crysis but hopen that damned mouth!  :razz:
-Graphic overhaul and nothing should be taken from m&b/warband, all new.
-Remove the fish-eye effect on widescreens
-Improved campaign map with roads and such
-Improved horses
-More sounds all around, i want more dialogues and more sounds when i walk around.
-Improved musics: actually they just play randomly.
-Better cities with npcs doing something and not just walk around randomly and stucking everywhere
-Diplomacy

ScholarOfTea said:
fedeita said:

WRONG

-Better cities with npcs doing something and not just walk around randomly and stucking everywhere
-Diplomacy
CORRECT!

how wrong? whatever i have 3 more:
-Seasons and weather!
-Dirty on clothes after few minutes of fights
-Some basilar formations: no need to something like a total war, just make ai don't rush always like steampunk bandits of ken shiro

fedeita said:
ScholarOfTea said:
fedeita said:

WRONG

how wrong?
All the music is scripted to play at certain events or places on the overland map.
All faction music is more likely to be played when the player is in their territory.
Other music is specific to places like tavern, wedding, coronation, arena etc.
Battle music is also scripted as well as victory and defeat tracks.

Adorno said:
fedeita said:
ScholarOfTea said:
fedeita said:

WRONG

how wrong?
All the music is scripted to play at certain events or places on the overland map.
All faction music is more likely to be played when the player is in their territory.

oh my mistake so  :oops:
let's stop this, it's becoming a quote pyramid  :roll:

fedeita said:
Adorno said:
fedeita said:
ScholarOfTea said:
fedeita said:

WRONG

how wrong?

oh my mistake so  :oops:
let's stop this, it's becoming a quote pyramid  :roll:
Yeah.

-Bigger noses
-Bigger mercenary troop-tree (more variation maybe?)
-Make the shouts and cheers more realistic (so not all Swarzenegger clone sounds)

I think we can all agree on a handful of mutual things that we ALL would like to see, in general, and gain some grounds from there. That way, the devs can access said improvements easier, because that's what we all want anyways, right? that's the point of this, aside from expressing ones personal wants, and there's nothing wrong with that

so what I think we can all agree with (correct me if I'm wrong):
- more of everything.

what do i mean by this? more troop trees, more music, more storyline/scenes, more cities, more of... well, everything :/ but then the game would take up alot of space, would it not? what is the community's thoughts on this?

on a personal level, I would like more extensive troops trees, because my favorite word is variety, possibly private - sergeant - major - etc, with many ranks to go through, I don't know, just spewing out idea's at this point.

so do we all agree more of everything would be a general improvement we all wouldn't mind? :wink:

Well since we are talking suggestions :wink:  I would like the ability to have my choice of from 3 to 8 factions to play against.  This would allow for those that want an Indian or Asian faction(s) to have them.  I personally am a big fan of Eastern European countries.  Could this be done?  Sure, however, it would push back the release date  :shock:

ooo i'd love to see more formation opportunites... and i want them to be available without pressing any F_ buttons.. i don't like the F# buttons and never ever use them, and when i do, i play around with formation uses, which i have found to be random and crude

Most of you guys are bringing up suggestions that can easily be modded in the game. :lol:
Here are mine:
Better AI in every aspect, better engine, better graphics, limits for troops and certainly items raised.
More not-combat related quests.

And now something we'll probably never see in M&B:

Skills like mining, construction, horse-fostering...
Ability to upgrade your own castle, with real in-scene changes through a system similar to that of The Sims (Yes... The Sims is the best I could come up with -_-).

Lord Tim said:
Most of you guys are bringing up suggestions that can easily be modded in the game. :lol:
Here are mine:
Better AI in every aspect, better engine, better graphics, limits for troops and certainly items raised.
More not-combat related quests.

And now something we'll probably never see in M&B:

Skills like mining, construction, horse-fostering...
Ability to upgrade your own castle, with real in-scene changes
through a system similar to that of The Sims (Yes... The Sims is the best I could come up with -_-).
those can be modded too

I said "can easily be modded in the game", without very much experience in modding
Besides, an editing mode like we have now is really just a scene editor, but it's not really PART of the game.
You should for example be needing money to improve your castle and such.

Back
Top Bottom