helmf1.jpg

helmf22insp.jpg

This the final mesh for the infantry version Heddernheim helmet

hederninf1.jpg

hederninf2.jpg

hederninf3.jpg

Source inspiration:

images

A few subtle touch differences in the mesh to what most of the actual helmets had, is that I left the ear section open, and didn't fold out the bottom of the cheek guards, because to be honest, it really turns it into an ugly helmet like that.

though to be fair there are representations of the helmet shown without curved bottom cheek guards, and open ear sections

hedderheimhelmet.jpg

nida2.jpg

I can't wait to see the final/finished Heddernheim helmet version! :smile:
By the way,ealabor,will there be another version of it with plume(s)?

:shock:
EDIT:I deleted previous comment.Now on,i'll be posting just shock smiley when i'm satisfied. :grin:
Cheers,ealabor.

Alright well im throwing together some other equipment now. Trying to get a full set together to outfit a single soldier for some later pics with Rome.

So this will mean armor, shield, boots, pugio, and spatha to be shown.. maybe even a horse

Basic mail armor:

marmor0.jpg

marmor1.jpg

Source:

armorsource.jpg

It should be said that three of the the source illustrations are not mail, and are some kind of scale which I have to learn more about.

I did the mail in a similar theme, entertaining the arm and torso ends as bronze links to match the scheme of the scale.

Chest strap end is less ornate than the illustrations, but more so than the reenactor's armor, so a happy medium.

Fairly basic by itself, but should look nice dressed up with pugio+spatha scabbards I suspect.

Ealabor,here are just some of the ideas i wanna show to you.
Correct me if i'm wrong with the time-frame.

Mount and Gladius multiplayer mod(me in-game...kicking Gallic asses :razz: )

I assume that these are some veteran auxillary troops,right?

Here's something for you E.:
Roman Pugio: 

Tell me if you want it,it's from OPS,i can give you the exact download link.It can speed up the progress,so you don't need to make this model. :smile:

Well with the exception of a few things already done, I think i'm going to stick with my works from here on out.

And to be honest, after building temples and such, daggers and swords are the least of my worries.

Back
Top Bottom