Idea; want feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

When I play PW I notice people will throw their lives away like it's nothing, I'm not sure if it's the violent tendencies of this new generation of PW players or the fact that being killed just seems to not be as big a deal as it used to be.

My Idea was along the lines of creating a decent starting amount of money, along with losing your money upon death (but still having the same amount of starting money). I personally think that having enough to trian and to buy cheap gear, and have serfing being a choice if you wanted to get more gear. Thus making more realistic troops (you'd never see armies of knights in full plate) and turning serfing into a thing you Have to do into something that just benifits you.
The reasons I feel players shouldn't have their money after their death, is that playersnow don't value their char's life, most people would rather fight a robber than pay him, or a theif rather fight 3 knights then be caught (yes many people cannot RP arrest poeple and rather just kill them). The reason for this is they have money to fall back on, you die oh I'll only lose 2k I got another 30 so I'm good. Since the value of life is at an all time low but it seems the value of gold is at an all time high because everyone is always trying to get more, we make it so for people to value their gold and to keep it they have to value their lives. any just wanted feed back

maybe... maybe it was just because back then you'd rob a man and he wouldn't have anything to whack you with (carrying all that loverly velvet) and would just hand over his goods

it just gets tiering when a peasant with a stick rather attempt to beat you to death than hand over 400 denari

What happened too all the velvet stuff I've seen it in videos and it looked great but its not here anymore  :cry:

Your demanding hugs and stuff isn't always going to be taken as anything but what it is. Grief inducing, albeit humorous, stopping of people. I was around when people were barricading the bridge on NA and demanding 1 denar even. Sure, you're well within your rights to do this but you get points on your tard card for being that silly. (AKA, if they want to fight you over it I say more power to them)

For me it's more of an RP test is a person is capable to do *Hugs* they pass the first step, helps me weave out who I can latter on RP with even if it's mild just mild RP.

Morgana_Grey said:
Your demanding hugs and stuff isn't always going to be taken as anything but what it is. Grief inducing
How can demanding a hug be considered "Grief"? I fail to see your logic here.

Hug or die.

(TWD)Tom said:
killer110 said:
Splintert said:
Remember v3? That's what you're suggesting. Lives were even less valued back then.

Keep as is, I say.
How was it like in v3?

simply put fun...
Please I've had my fair share of hearing this nostalgia **** from people so please either tell me the answer to the question I gave, and make the answer apply to the context of the question, or don't say anything. Thank you.

killer110 said:
(TWD)Tom said:
killer110 said:
Splintert said:
Remember v3? That's what you're suggesting. Lives were even less valued back then.

Keep as is, I say.
How was it like in v3?

simply put fun...
Please I've had my fair share of hearing this nostalgia **** from people so please either tell me the answer to the question I gave, and make the answer apply to the context of the question, or don't say anything. Thank you.
THANK GOD FINNALY SOMEONE SAID IT.

yea, it's not like describing what detials of game mechanics will explain anything to you, you'd just go that sounds gay compared to what we have now, it was just funner back then in my opinion, and when you have a **** post like yours killer why should any of us tell you?

Yeah sorry about how I said it. I was under a lot of stress IRL. It does get annoying at times but I shouldn't have reaced in that way. All I wanted to know was why lives were valued less then and I again apologize my response to your reply was as it was. I understand that it was also my fault a bit for not giving a full enough question so I will redo it: How were lives valued less in v3?

Splintert said:
It does apply to the context. If you'd read my post and not raged you'd have noticed.
I don't understand nor know how it applies to the context, I read all your posts in the thread and couldn't come up with anything and I did not opt to rage than do what I just said I did.

In v3.5b, ones life was considered more worth if you had money or armour on you - because, as far as I remember - you lost your gold upon death. Gold was not lootable unless you were carrying actual "Coins" purchased and sold for gold.
On the other hand, you would have starting money, not only the first time you join after a reset, but also every time you die. The starting money would be enough to get gear - at least for me.

To sum it up:
-If you had items of value (A mule, iron ore, coins and such) you wouldn't want to die.
-If you had less than 3500 or 7000 - depending on what the server administrators had set the starting money to at the time - you would respawn with that money in any case, so dieing wouldn't be a huge loss.

Back
Top Bottom