• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

^ http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2479.msg66584.html#msg66584. This is how you modify the rank and influence modifier so that you gain more after every battle.

Longtime fan of the mod. Far and away the best Lord of the Rings game experience of all time, and I say this even with Shadow of Mordor fresh on my mind. I'm so impressed. The field battles never get old. It's a grind, but it's a special kind of grind. You're clawing and fighting tooth and nail to bring the good factions from the edge.

I've been wondering about two things:
1.) The Rohan leaders, when you join battles on their side, tend to rush the entirety of their cavalry into the Uruk-Hai pikes. They get completely wiped out in the opening minutes of the fight. Is there a way to take control of their troops? For example, if you reach a high enough rank with Rohan will allied troops commanded by Gamling or Elfhelm obey you when you hit 1 for Infantry, 3 for Cavalry etc. and issue orders?

2.) In siege defenses, the enemy tends to scale the ladders until the last 25-ish troops, who hang back and your defenders can't shoot them for whatever reason. This is when, in Warband, you order a charge and sweep up the stragglers. But in TLD the orders stay put, and you either have to end the siege by hitting Tab, or charging yourself and singlehandedly killing the last 25 enemies. Is there a fix so that the troops sally forth and charge down the ladders?

First of all, are you playing with the nightly patch? if not, see info here: http://tldbot.bitbucket.org/ then start a new game.

If you are playing with nightly patch...

1) When you encounter parties with Lords, it should have FormaAI, meaning, they shouldnt all Charge at you.  That may mean that you have FormationsAI disabled.

2) This may be due to a FormationAI issue. Try to disable it then siege again, see what happens.

Disabling FormAI can be found under Camp --> Mod Options.

Ah that might be it. I'm still curious though - is there a rank where you can control troops of a faction's lords in battle? Like if you're rank 13 or something?

Easily my favorite WB mod out there. I'm curious though; I know the devs are releasing frequent updates and fixes, so is there any chance we'll get more map locations? More Orc camps and such?

Swyter's (the only active Dev right now) project is to only port it from M&B 1.011 to Warband. (making sure that it works as designed) Adding new features etc is not part of the project. However, TLD is open source (but that code is not the most recent), so you can do it yourself if you'd like.

CPPCoder, another dev currently not active, is the one that was adding new features (i.e Crafting, Morale, etc)

Khamuk, I'm liking your RCM mod, but I really, REALLY think it overpowers a few of the Evil units a bit too much, especially the Uruk-hai. I'm watching single Uruk-hai of Isengard cutting through 6 or more high-tier units simply because arrows and melee weapons bounce off them like rubber... It needs some tweaking. A lot of people, myself included, already thought Isengard was overpowered as-is.

I'm all for Isengard armors being very strong, but come on; a single Uruk-hai taking on an entire army of Elven units and winning? That's a bit much.

Banastre said:
a single Uruk-hai taking on an entire army of Elven units and winning? That's a bit much.
...That is not possible, a single Uruk, against 5 Elven archers can't face them directly because the better shield you can find broke after 8-9 arrows than you are done...
...I start to kill them a bit more easily after I receive a mounted "Huge Warg" with whom I can dodge arrows and charge them preventing use of their arrows...

ciauz^^,
Jab

Are you using the RCM mod?

With it, I've watched an Uruk plow through half a dozen or more Elven troops without taking a scratch. Several times.

Hi Banastre,

I'm glad you're enjoying RCM. It really does up the challenge.

Do note that I did not change armor values in this RCM, all I did was port it from M&B 1.011 to Warband.

However, crawling through the old RCM thread, I saw that this is what was intended. Isengard Uruk-Hai were intended to be almost arrow proof  unless you hit them in an uncovered/unprotected area of their body/head. I'm looking at Uruk-Hai Heavy Armor and it is set to 65 body armor. Only High Tier Isengard uruk-hais have that.

I believe the intention was that you have to change strategy when faced with high-tier Isengard troops.

Again, you'd have to take account that of all the Evil side, only a few troops have these armors. High-tier Gondor Troops (those wearing Gondor Heavy Mail) have these armour values as well :smile:

EDIT: just checked, there's people who wear "Rohan Heraldric [sic] mail" and that has a body armour of 70!!! :grin:

So yea, definitely need a change in strategy.

Going farther into the game, I do agree now Uruk-hai seem very balanced in RCM.

I've actually worked on modifying some TLD aspects, such as balancing, increasing, and varying non-lord parties, adding some new units, changing some items, adding more Orc variation, fixing names, even adding in Human bandits, as well as the Witch-King as a full Mordor lord, all based on RCM's balancing and lore. I might upload a .txt collection if anyone's interested. My campaigns have been pretty intense so far and lore-mindedly balanced.

Alright! Not too familiar with Google Drive, but I uploaded it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhkFarjto0Oa3dhXzlpNVRfUGs/view?usp=sharing

Make sure to back up the listed files before replacing them. Requires the great RCM port. All changes based on/inspired by lore and RCM balancing.

Changelog

* Some specialized troops now use Reward items.
* Added new bandits to help with the monotony of fighting wild orcs all the time (also changed Dunnish Outcasts and Orc Stragglers into bandit parties). These bandits are based on lore and are equipped with a variety of ragtag equipment, and they are:
1. Ruffian - basic human bandit.
2. Outlaw - tougher human bandit.
3. Highwayman - tough horse-mounted bandit.
4. Thief - speedy axe/knife-throwing bandit.
5. Poacher - archer bandit.
6. Dwarven Looter - renegade dwarf bandit, tough but slow.
7. Western Deserter - a deserted soldier of Gondor, Rohan, or Dale seeking his fortune with brigands.
* Added two new Tribal Orc units (Wild Orc Warlord, Wild Orc Hunter). Also varied, rebalanced, and modified Tribal Orc/Mountain Goblin names and party compositions.
* Renamed a few factions for lore/consistency. (Gundabad, Moria, Mirkwood Elves)
* Bandits are now hostile to Easterlings/Variags/Haradrim. Still friendly to Orc factions, though they'll still attack an Orc player. Can't fix this without making all bandits friendly to the player no matter what race they are.
* Added the Witch-king as a very powerful Lord unit; Gothmog remains the marshal for lore reasons. Expect some intense (and extremely difficult) duels if you fight the Lord of the Nazgûl head-on.
* Added a fixed Nazgûl unit for Barad-dûr Legions. Up to 8 can appear in the Barad-dûr Legion.
* Renamed several units based on lore/variation.
* Faction Standard Bearers are now Lieutenants: equipped with other items besides just standards.
* Players can now obtain Standard Bearers.
* All independent faction parties (Scouts, Foragers, War Parties, Raiders, etc.) have increased numbers and troop variety. Evil Factions are numerically superior in most cases.
* Gondor parties buffed a bit more than other Good factions to help prevent them from getting wiped out within an in-game week. They may even win a few battles now!
* Wolf/Warg Riders of Mirkwood bugfixed and now used by Dol Guldur.
* Some Lord names fixed for spelling, punctuation, and rank.
* Added Rhudaur Units for Gundabad (Rhudaur Horsemen, Berserkers, and Hillmen), savage men friendly to orcs, hailing from the former Kingdom of Rhudaur to the west of the Misty Mountains.
* Bears, Spiders, Wolves given charge bonuses.
* Trolls and/or Olog-hai are more frequent in Orc armies.
* Legendaries/Unique weapons/armor for all factions are now significantly better than standard weapons, rather than just very slightly better.
* Balanced bow/arrow damage a bit.
* All horses, wargs, and wild animals do extra Blunt charge damage, to work well with RCM's tougher armor. Light and Medium troops, especially Orcs, are now vulnerable to heavy cavalry charge damage.
* Certain Good faction weapons and armor buffed very slightly, mainly Rohan, for more lore-accurate balance. They should no longer get insta-stomped by Isengard in battle.
* Replaced Greenwood Relic Sword and Galadhrim Blade reward items with Orcrist, famed Biter of Gondolin, and Urquinehtar, Orc-feller of Lorien.
* Wheat, ale, and wine now consumable and provide morale bonuses. (Not currently working)
* "Go forth on you chosen path" typo fixed, along with other assorted typo fixes.
* Orc faction garrisons increased.
* Troll damage increased.
* Elf Lords buffed.
* Various different Lord equipments adjusted, balanced, and improved.
* Beorning and Woodsmen weapons buffed significantly.
* Dwarf, Gondor, Rohan, Dale weapons buffed slightly.
* All warhorses buffed, especially Rohan and the Easterlings.
* Most Mordor/Isengard Orc/Uruk weapons buffed; they're still inferior, but not entirely useless any more.
* Weapon holdtype and flag fixes.
* Bandits are now properly hostile to non-Orc factions! Optional file included for Orc players.
* Deserters now hostile to all factions, not just the player.
* More balancing done.
* (3/10/2015) Greatly reduced Bandit party sizes; no more 100-man outlaw parties.
* (3/10/2015) More weapon balancing and a new Isengard reward weapon.

No triggers/scripts were touched by me, so everything should be seamless. Playtested so far and no bugs came up.

Updated 3/10/2015

Uh, specifically? I wonder if we left some typos in, I didn't think we did.

Haha, wow. I thought we still had them too powerful and annoying.

Mr.Milker said:

Uh, specifically? I wonder if we left some typos in, I didn't think we did.

Haha, wow. I thought we still had them too powerful and annoying.

Can't think of the exact ones I renamed, but some of their names had misplaced letters, and I also added "The" to Mouth of Sauron, as well as the Witch-king. Also trying to fix the "Go forth on you chosen path" typo, if I can.

As for the animals, I did several test-battles with them and noticed they were pretty damn weak. They could maybe knock out one guy, but with the amazing RCM installed, it was pretty much impossible to die to them. The charge bonus makes them a little tougher, but not tough as to be annoying.

The animals tend to ambush you, so it's only you and your companions against them. Many people complained it was impossiblet o beat, so we nerfed them to what we thought was reasonable.

Mr.Milker said:
The animals tend to ambush you, so it's only you and your companions against them. Many people complained it was impossiblet o beat, so we nerfed them to what we thought was reasonable.

Makes sense. I agree, they were too tough normally! But with RCM and the increased armor values, they pretty much bounced off you and your companions like rubber. I may even boost the charge values of the Wargs too, annoying as they are. Since 95% of the Good units in RCM have decent armor, the Wargs act more like cannon fodder than the nasty beasties they are in canon.

Speaking of which, updated the mod with some more changes.

I was hoping someone could help me out though. I've got the Witch-king looking and working perfectly in combat, but for whatever reason I can't make him look right inside Castles or Towns. He wears everything except the Nazgul invisible head item. I also tried giving him the Witch-king Crown, which he wears fine in combat, but he also doesn't wear that inside a castle. Tried flagging all of the Nazgul items as Civilian, still no luck. He wears the Robe, Gauntlets, and Boots just fine, but not the invisible head or Crown when inside castles. Is there any way at all to force a Hero to wear a helmet/head item indoors?

Can somebody help me i have a problem, every time i enter the game i can play for a short period of time and then the game STOPS WORKING.
does anybody know how to fix this problem?

it's all fine till the war start, it' keeps kicking me around day 40
and whats this RMC mod i keep reading about ?
and what is this nightly patch?

Back
Top Bottom