• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Swyter said:
serol said:
So i installed nightly patch and i am getting debug options everywhere, how to hide them?

Going back to the stable release. This is the unstable branch we the devs and testers see. They are only disabled on release builds.
Oh, but how do i install mod properly then? At first i just downloaded both mod and warband fix from modDB, but i got save with imminent crash around 50 days.

serol said:
Swyter said:
serol said:
So i installed nightly patch and i am getting debug options everywhere, how to hide them?

Going back to the stable release. This is the unstable branch we the devs and testers see. They are only disabled on release builds.
Oh, but how do i install mod properly then? At first i just downloaded both mod and warband fix from modDB, but i got save with imminent crash around 50 days.

Then you have to choose. *shrugs* There are many fixes within the unstable builds, but they come with extra functionality to make testing easier, you can't have the best of both worlds.

Just ignore the debug options. You don't have to use them or anything.

Alternatively, there's the M&B 1.011 version, stable TLD 3.3 works nicely without nightlies there.

Swyter said:
serol said:
Swyter said:
serol said:

Then you have to choose. *shrugs* There are many fixes within the unstable builds, but they come with extra functionality to make testing easier, you can't have the best of both worlds.

Just ignore the debug options. You don't have to use them or anything.

Alternatively, there's the M&B 1.011 version, stable TLD 3.3 works nicely without nightlies there.

Guess i'll just try original m&b version, thanks. Though you probably should post about nigthlies somewhere on modDB page, this crash was really discouraging.

So I installed TLD + Warband comp. + Wargfix + nightlypatch and my game still crashes on the world map after about 69 days. I searched everywhere for a solution none of them worked...so I guess i have to start a new game and hope that this time it won't crash?

Oh dear i guess this question was still asked many times...I hope Swyter is not gonna kill me (verbally) :grin:

Nofarwell said:
I hope Swyter is not gonna kill me (verbally) :grin:

Yep, you and me both. :grin:
Does your game crash at certain time no matter what you do or does crash time vary?
I wonder if it depends on a certain event such a specific lord getting defeated or a town getting conquered...

Nofarwell said:
So I installed TLD + Warband comp. + Wargfix + nightlypatch and my game still crashes on the world map after about 69 days. I searched everywhere for a solution none of them worked...so I guess i have to start a new game and hope that this time it won't crash?

Oh dear i guess this question was still asked many times...I hope Swyter is not gonna kill me (verbally) :grin:

The warg fix should be included and refined in the nightly patch. Make it TLD + Warband comp. + nightlypatch instead and see if it works.

I've crashed only two times. Once, when I tried to turn prisoners into food from the party menu (how am I to feed my poor orcs? :cry:) and the other was random as far as I can tell.

Nofarwell said:

Let me explain this better for everyone so that we can understand why your OLD SAVE still crashes after installing the Nightly patch.

In TLD (without the Nightly Patch), there has been something infamously called the "TLD Save Corrupting Crash." What happens is after a set amount of time (69 days in your case), your game will always crash. No matter what you do, you move, you crash. This has been discussed at length previously, and lots of theories posited on why this occurs (e.g too many parties in the map). As a result, MadVader created the Compatibility Tweaks found within TLD menu in an attempt to fix it. You can see there that you can reduce the number of parties within the map.

However, even at a very low amount of parties set, though it took longer (more than 100 days), peoples game still crashed.

Then, a forumite name ragamer investigated his corrupted saves and found something quite interesting, possibly the reason why games became corrupted. See spoiler for his entire reply:
ragamer said:
Can you expand on what those "ghost parties" are and what are their party templates?

I don't seem to be able to open any corrupted savegame with any of the two available savegame editor thingies,
they are buggy and their error handling is beyond terrible. Sigh. *whiny whiny*

Sorry for the delay on answering. The tool I use is:

http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-warband/downloads/mount-blade-savegame-editor-converter

It's misleading because the author planned it as a conversion tool but thanks to its methodology created a powerfull and configurable tool. I just point it to TLD module directory and to the savegame in question and I got it loaded without problems. You can access the Dunlending Camp coordinates and effectively check how it spawns in the wrong ones on the corrupted savegame but, alas, as the coverter lacks the adequate structure definition to parse TLD savegame additions, it can't generate a correct full TLD savegame.

Sadly my friend deleted his corrupted savegame so I speak of memory when refering to the corrupted data on the following paragraph, k?:

- On the structure you see all individual parties under "party records" node.

* On my different savegames I have a more or less constant ammount of 1k records (They span around 900 days of the same campaign). On my friend's healthy savegames figures are more or less the same (We both use 850 default TLD party limit). By "Ghost Parties" I refer precissely to parties that have no template assigned (They appear as blank entries). 2 types: With valid = 1 and extra info and valid = 0 containing just 3 data values. This Ghosts appear also on healthy savegames, but are a few only.

* On his corrupted savegame the total number of party records was 8000!!... And most were "Ghost" ie templateless parties.

I think it may be related to some engine bug, depending on how the party is terminated some seems to linger into the system and end triggering some overflow on some index or something like that.

If I had to start somewhere, I would look on how TLD enforces its party limit... Maybe the "killing" process is not completely clean and due to the massive spamming of the trapped Dunlending Camp is amplyfing this bug... Just crazy speculation, ofc.

EDIT: When I refer to the "corrupted savegame" I mean a savegame that after a few moments after finished loading made MB CTD... Not a "real" corrupted savegame the game can't load.

Swyter investigated and found the problem:
Swyter said:
Just fixed the savegame corruption bug, it's actually pretty silly. Sadly, it requires a new game for it to work...
Or, wait, maybe not. Let's see if I can work something out to delete depleted Volunteer parties on the go.

Edit: The problem was that TLD attaches some Volunteer parties to friendly centers for you to recruit them. When they are depleted of troops the script creates a new Volunteer party without discarding the previous one, which is still stored in the savegame.

When many of these Volunteer parties pile up the game goes kaboom, I suppose that the party counter overflows.

And there you have it! With the fix, which he applied on the NIGHTLY BUILDS, your game theoretically should not encounter the same save corrupting crash anymore.

HOWEVER, if you load your old save or old corrupted save (i.e the one BEFORE you installed the nightly build), those problems are still there! The fix cannot go into your save and delete those 'ghost parties.' They remain within your save, haunting you.

That is why you NEED to start a new game AFTER installing the Nightly Build.

TL;DR version: Something within the old TLD code was corrupting your save, and this has since been fixed. However, after installing nightly build, you NEED to start a new game, because the FIXES cannot go INSIDE your SAVES and fix it for you.

I hope to clear things up for everyone that fixes do fix the save corruption :smile: I've been playing with 900 party size, and way past day 50 already, and my game is still going strong. I haven't tested the new nightly yet, but I sure will when I have time.

I am currently playing latest nightly patch version and i got quest "Find the lost spears of knig Bladorthin" from king Brand, however, once i go inside the mountain, i cant get past "Door to some location" ( doesnt react to me pressing anything), nor can i get out. Is this quest unfinished or am i doing something wrong?

Swyter said:
Swadius 2.0 said:
Got the spears of Bladorthin quest, got permission to go look for them in the mountain. I got to the gate that says go to distant location at the bottom of the dungeon, but I can't seem to interact with it. Is this quest completed?

I am using this patch: TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly_patch_2014.08.07-19.30_r2025.7z

No, it is partially done. Scenes are completed, dialogs are almost there, but scripting is just started.

Merlkir has complete design documents for those with coding experience wanting to help.

All right, at least i am happy the mod is still growing.
Quick 2nd question: is there anything actually useful in Moria secret entrance on this version?

Nofarwell said:
Ok looks like I found another problem. I've got this quest from i guess King Bard to find some Lost Spear in the Lonely Mountains. Now after some time I finally can enter the dungeon in the Lonely Mountain. Problem is: There is nothing in the rooms and when i want to enter the other room, it doesn't react. I press F all the time to enter the room but nothing happens.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140922/6helm6et.jpg
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140922/8a4fhblm.jpg

Previous page, dude.

Back
Top Bottom