• Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Swyter said:
zmogusnr1 said:
Swyter said:
HoJu said:
I have the Warband patch and after installing the nightly patch I can't talk to Théoden either. I may have to patch it all over again from the beginning in case there was something wrong.

Find the latest
Code:
scn_edoras_castle.sco
in a Warband patch. It's fixed, look Trello.

zmogusnr1 said:
Doesn't make it any less true, buff dem Uruks or add Trolls you lazy git.

I repeat what Linus Torvalds said to Nvidia about the state of their Linux support and drivers. Now, move on.

I TELL YOU WOT YA CHEEKY GIT, ONE DAY IMA GRAB YA ON SUM HUMIE WORLD AND YA GONNA REGRET FER NOT LISTENING TO MY BIG BOSS, YA HEAR THAT YA HUMIE GIT?

Take a look to this nice exclamation.

warning_watch.gif

Because you are going to see it daily, and it's going to look great right under your avatar.
Now, think again and behave like you do when people look like people in 3D.

Specially when they work for free for your enjoyment and even thanking is optional.
You don't insult at the lady giving you free samples, right?

Why I tell you this? Because at the end of the day you are the only one losing here.
If you aren't a decent person at least have the decency of looking like one.

So what? The nice old lady giving you a free sample is a terrible cook.

She undercooked the cookies.

She didn't even tell you that she undercooked the cookies.

If you think this is an unfinished mod you can state so, then I wont have to complain about obvious imbalances.

zmogusnr1 said:
So what? The nice old lady giving you a free sample is a terrible cook.

She undercooked the cookies.

She didn't even tell you that she undercooked the cookies.

If you think this is an unfinished mod you can state so, then I wont have to complain about obvious imbalances.

First of all, TLD is purposely unbalanced, has always been like this, read the FAQ. Everything works as intended, some races are weaker than others. You don't like our cookies, cool, make your own. Secondly, I'm just a guest on here, as porter to Warband and a few other things.

You don't have the right of coming here and telling us what should we do. You are not our customer.
And even if we accept suggestions and listen to feedback we don't listen to people insulting us.

Let me put my canned response to ModDB here too (changed so that it has nightly patch instructions)

1) Download the main TLD file here:

2) Download the Warband Compat patch here:

3) Download the Nightly Patch here:

4) While that's downloading, read the manual here: http://synnaskole.sweb.cz/TLDManual3.3.pdf

5) Now that you have all files downloaded, open the main TLD file zip from step 1, copy the TLD folder into your Warband\Modules folder.

6) Afterwards, copy the contents of the Warband compat patch you downloaded from step 2 into your TLD folder. Overwrite when asked.

7) Afterwards, copy the contents of the Nightly Patch you downloaded  from step 3 into your TLD folder. Overwrite when asked.

8 ) Start Warband, select TLD from the drop down.

9) To see whats being worked on, check out Swyter's Trello here:

Optional:

10) Have fun!

Sorry for the double post, but this is more of a comment than an addition to the above instructions :smile:

I bumped parties up to 900. Damn, poor Moria & Gundabad really gets steamrolled :smile: They are doing ok, but there's just lots of elven (Imladris and Lothlorien) troops around their area. Makes the game quite challenging though, I highly recommend it, but I havent played long so not sure what other consequences would be (e.g save corruption).

Also Swyter, I asked this a while back, but how long (in seconds) does it take for a riderless warg to be hostile to friendly (Evil Side) troops? It seems to be quite fast (less than 30 secs).

Khamukkamu said:
Also Swyter, I asked this a while back, but how long (in seconds) does it take for a riderless warg to be hostile to friendly (Evil Side) troops? It seems to be quite fast (less than 30 secs).

They run away after 15 seconds.

I don't see any logic in there that forces them to go after friendlies, looks incidental.
Take it with a pinch of salt, warg and troll-related code is a bit messy and convoluted in there.

is there a fix or a work in progress of a fix that fixes wargs getting knocked unconscious when their raiders get killed?

i like to play as an uruk and my army is almost half wargs and they were making the difference when i fought elves and rohan infanty and now i am avoiding the elves even when i outnumber them 2 to 1 because their archers kill my wargs raiders first and then my berserkers and some of the orcs and the uruk-hai reach their lines but got killed easy by their infantry and if they have some cav to it's a blood bath

cristy80 said:
is there a fix or a work in progress of a fix that fixes wargs getting knocked unconscious when their raiders get killed?

i like to play as an uruk and my army is almost half wargs and they were making the difference when i fought elves and rohan infanty and now i am avoiding the elves even when i outnumber them 2 to 1 because their archers kill my wargs raiders first and then my berserkers and some of the orcs and the uruk-hai reach their lines but got killed easy by their infantry and if they have some cav to it's a blood bath

Yeah, nightly patches. It actually works better than in 1.011 now.

Cool screenshots :smile:

Applied the new patch, returning to Middle Earth. Thank you Swyter, really appreciate your effort.

The nightly-patch is sort of the patch we are all waiting for.

Sort-of, because
A) It contains all the quick fixes and more; no more text issues as well (zupdawg!)
B) Swyter as agreed to 'open-up' the dev builds (which is the nightly patch). Therefore, this is a dev build not a 'public' build. Debug options and strings are shown.
C) Nightly builds are subject to change at any time.

I haven't encountered much problems with this build, so am just having fun with it :smile: I don't mind creating new games when another patch comes up, as it provides me the opportunity to try another race/side.

Im also testing if save corruption still occurs by maxing the party size (900), but I also have fun along the way. So far so good!

Swyter said:
Chowchilla said:
Hi guys.

Just started a new game using the latest nightly patch and im having trouble talking to King Theoden, i just cant seem to target him. Most likely i bug (or im missing something obvious)

Other than that im having a great time.

Thank you for all your work fellas!

You probably forgot to patch
Code:
TLD_3.3.7z
with
Code:
TLD_3.3_wbcompat.7z
first.
The "fix" for lord barriers came with the original Warband compatibility patch, the latest nightly applies right over it.

I did follow your instructions but just to make sure i deleted everything and tried again.. to no avail. It seems to be an issue with scn_edoras_castle.sco in the latest nightly as i replaced it with the one from the original TLD_3.3_wbcompat.7z and i was able to speak to him again.

Chowchilla said:
I did follow your instructions but just to make sure i deleted everything and tried again.. to no avail. It seems to be an issue with scn_edoras_castle.sco in the latest nightly as i replaced it with the one from the original TLD_3.3_wbcompat.7z and i was able to speak to him again.

Then there's a problem with the buildbot, probably when it overrides it with Warband-specific stuff.
I'll take a look the day I stop being horribly busy. Also, thanks for the actually useful feedback.

I'm sorry to bother you again, but it's still not working.

I have download again TLD, Wbcompat and the last nightly warband patch, but it simply stop with a ctd a day 35 or 36, or even 33 !

What can I do? Have you got an idea?

Mudalls said:
Again... I have a bug with King Theoden : cannot talk to him in Edoras... Any idea?

What about reading the freaking few last posts just before you replied? They may help.  :evil:
This hand-holding is getting beyond ridiculous. You see the nightly patch post but not that thing.

Selective attention span, or whatever they call nowadays to people scanning instead of reading in the Internet.
You think you don't have time to search, but you believe we have time to point out things repetitively.

Also. I'm very, very very busy. You wait.

I recently downloaded the mod for Warband and it has played fine so far. The only problem has been when I have tried to fight a battle. Whenever I try to fight a larger group of over twenty enemies, the game crashes. I know that this is mostly common, yet I was wondering if there was any way to fix this. If not, I will have to only fight small patrols and other smaller parties.

Back
Top Bottom