• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Whooops, sorry about that. Didn't realize you were playing the original M&B. These are for the Warband version yes.
That exact same bug is present in the original M&B version as well, only it got fixed for Warband in the fixes. Maybe next patch will include this for original M&B too?

Btw guys. I just got unbanned but I have something important to say for people who have issues with commands.

In order for your troops to do all commands correctly (as far as I found) you must make them all follow you then issue there commands and then it will be the correct command.

I think it goes 0 , f1 then f2 for follow. After that your troops will follow your commands.

Potential spoilers for campaign below, not sure if this forum has spoiler tags so I'm just going to leave some space.

Has anyone heard of the hidden quest for good characters? I've heard about it but have been unable to find it in my 60 hour play through as a Gondor character.

Ludecan said:
Whooops, sorry about that. Didn't realize you were playing the original M&B. These are for the Warband version yes.
That exact same bug is present in the original M&B version as well, only it got fixed for Warband in the fixes. Maybe next patch will include this for original M&B too?

I hope that. Thanks mate  :smile:

Mr.Milker said:
:lol:  So which one of the hidden quests do you mean?  :twisted:

One in the Fangorn area? I know you usually find hidden areas by asking about rumours, but most of the Rohan towns have been razed in my game, especially the ones near Fangorn. Though maybe I need to ask more people in Lorien about rumours?

mike56 said:
Hum, playing 3.3 in M&B 1.011 I get trapped trying to cross the Anduin through Cair Andros. I can't cross the river  :sad:

Does anybody more has this problem?
mike56 said:
Weren't all these files fixes for the warband version of the mod?  :???:
Ludecan said:

Mount&Blade's
Code:
map.txt
file format hasn't changed since the early (0.8.X?) versions of the vanilla game, you can use it on any recent mod for either game. Same goes for the
Code:
warg.brf
fix.

More than a fix, is a tweak. I used my map editor to remove the false bottom which mtarini carefully added under every ford so that parties appear slightly submerged instead of walking over the water.

It was a really nice and subtle touch, but the game didn't like it for pathfinding, even less in Warband.

--
Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but raised Cair Andros a bit, removed a hole with a stranded polygon on the Misty Mountains, and made some of the fords slightly narrower to provide a hint when the camera is afar.

Removed some polygons on the far side of Rhovanion, so it should increase a tiny bit your framerate.

Together with an more polished flow shader and some help from the new cloud shadows I think that the map will look a bit different for the next patch. Let's hope that everything goes okay.

Khamukkamu said:
CppCoder returns, daily concept art from Merlkir, now Swyter chimes in about the incoming changes...

Torture... just pure torture....

Hey, the daily concept art was an idea I had because I found the scheduled tweets thing from Tweetdeck, so it's relatively painless to do things like this in batches and forget. I'm not going to spend time I don't have doing extended community management too. Looks like people liked it, because even Taleworlds retweeted it.

I've always been a fan of opening up the development, but seems to be something that collides directly with how traditionally modding groups have worked until now.

Working in a dark cave for ages, with people coming and going, giving some signs of life and teasing until demise or unlikely delivery. I don't like that either.

In any case the updates are great! Is there active development on new content or is it strictly towards this patch that will fix existing issues? Either is good of course.

Edit: also, is it just my game, or do sieges on East Emnet not work? I'm defending one now but the gate never falls and there are no ladders so there is no way for the siege to progress?

I bring good excellent news people... as we've just said on Twitter:

@tldmod said:
We're testing out automated nightly releases for patches, almost there! Sent from my server™. #YOLOSWAG

--
That means that patches for both Warband and M&B 1.011 are coming for every revision we make. Soon.

So, do you guys have any official plans to make a full move to Warband? Sorry if this has been asked before and answered.

Spinsiix said:
So, do you guys have any official plans to make a full move to Warband? Sorry if this has been asked before and answered.

It's a full port to Warband with some enhancements, but we still keep supporting M&B 1.011 as a first class citizen. I don't see the problem.

Good to hear that Swyter, thanks for the update!

Looking forward to starting evil play through after the patch hits.

Oh, and it don't know if this is a known bug, but there's a strange thick fog that manifests in Edoras on its 3D map when you approach and walk through the city, even when it's supposed to be clear. When you look around the fog disappears for a short period of time sometimes. This is on the Warband version.

And I can't find anything about it on twitter, but does this upcoming patch have any content updates, or is it exclusively big fixes? Great either way of course.

There'll be some new artwork, and some other enhancements, I think.

The Edoras fog was one of the first issues in being reported, I think it was fixed in one of the first hotfixes?

Vespasianus said:
Good to hear that Swyter, thanks for the update!

Looking forward to starting evil play through after the patch hits.

Oh, and it don't know if this is a known bug, but there's a strange thick fog that manifests in Edoras on its 3D map when you approach and walk through the city, even when it's supposed to be clear. When you look around the fog disappears for a short period of time sometimes. This is on the Warband version.

And I can't find anything about it on twitter, but does this upcoming patch have any content updates, or is it exclusively big fixes? Great either way of course.
HoJu said:
There'll be some new artwork, and some other enhancements, I think.

The Edoras fog was one of the first issues in being reported, I think it was fixed in one of the first hotfixes?

It's on here, I genuinely thought that it was fixed in our internal dev thing but seems like I was wrong, again. (I've received reports)

There's new stuff, but mostly improving, expanding and polishing on what's already there. Subtle things like moving banners and cloud shadows on the overall map, new illustrations by Merlkir, no more interface items showing up in cutscenes and things like that.

Apart from the big pile of fixes, optimizations and workarounds that we've been making on the background since day one that, and as a bit of self-criticism, we should have made available earlier through more channels than the scattered and problematic quick fixes delivered on Trello.

My fault, I made you all wait too much for things which I shouldn't, they should have been released in smaller, independent, official-ish, progressive hotpatches instead of dumping a bit blob after summer like Microsoft does every Tuesday, or giving bread crumbs.

I hate how it unfolded, let's see if I end up learning from my own errors or just repeating them.

Back
Top Bottom