Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i found a small balancing issue:

in the m&b version leveling up your troops takes no money, in the warband version it does, that makes the game somehow more difficult if you play it with warband

(i know thats because, its the same way in native m&b and native warband)

Solving the supply problem for evil troops:

I was having a really hard time keeping my evil Mordor army fed.  Sure, I would kill a captive for food now and then, but many of the captives were worth a lot more than I wanted to pay for a barbecue.  Who wants to kill a Rohan King's Guard worth 416?  .808 had helpless peasant parties, but now Dunland deserter parties solve the problem quite neatly.  They are usually large groups of weak fighters worth very little as captives.  Just sell off any valuable captives to free space, then go into Dunland on a safari. 

Arm yourself with a blunt weapon and hunt them down.  Do a "hold troops" and go it alone, or tell them to "use blunt weapons only".  Unlike beef, human flesh does not spoil.  You can keep a lot of it in your inventory.  The troops do consume it pretty quickly though.

Note, you do not always get the option to slaughter captives for food by talking to them from the party menu.  Not sure why.  A sure way to butcher them is to choose "review troops and captives" from "actions" then talk to the man you want to slaughter, choose the dinner dialogue, then you have to actually kill him.  In a nice touch, the other captives actually start trembling in fear after you kill your chosen meal.

We have a similiar mind Thor Head  :smile:, exactly what i do. I also noticed that you can't always slaughter them...weird.

However, I suggested that flesh could be dropped like scraps. It becomes difficult keeping an orc army fed, even with Dunlander on the menu. Especially when you're fighting elves.

Swyter said:
Lucky you. That's fixed already in our dev version, I remember doing it some months ago. Take a look to the Trello card here.
Um, do you fix both Warband and M&B versions at the same time? That's probably kinda hard and time-consuming!

Dunno what has been fixed (in WB version), but there's only two things annoying me - a bit dumb battle AI when the enemy is lead by a general; my foot NPC-companions are very slow. I mean, they do not run, but walk.

trueten said:
Swyter said:
Lucky you. That's fixed already in our dev version, I remember doing it some months ago. Take a look to the Trello card here.
Um, do you fix both Warband and M&B versions at the same time? That's probably kinda hard and time-consuming!

Dunno what has been fixed (in WB version), but there's only two things annoying me - a bit dumb battle AI when the enemy is lead by a general; my foot NPC-companions are very slow. I mean, they do not run, but walk.

I believe both these things are the result of the 'broken' Formations AI, which should be fixed already.

Svanhufvud said:
However, I suggested that flesh could be dropped like scraps. It becomes difficult keeping an orc army fed, even with Dunlander on the menu. Especially when you're fighting elves.

I am pretty sure I have gotten human flesh as loot after a battle but very, very rarely.  Only once or twice in almost 200 game days.

The bug fixes on the mod twitter look really good! Definitely looking forward to the formations and move commands working properly in battles.

And the concept artist is very talented, his depictions of the units look much how I had imagined them when I first read the novels.

Any chance we'll get hooded black Numenorean armour/clothing like the stuff in the concept art? I may have just not found that in the game yet but it looks great!

I found some bugs like missing audio and errors. But most of them are probably already fixed? :smile:

I will report bugs after the next patch.

Vraelomon said:
Nah it's pretty good.
Docm30 said:
Saving Private Ryan was AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Probably the worst big budget war movie ever made.
Docm30 said:
Wasn't that Saving Private Ryan? a movie which consists entirely of bull****.
Haha, yeah, that second quote was from a locked thread and I don't know how to quote things in locked threads, so I sent you here instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed, the mod is surprisingly stable for such an ambitious total conversion. I've played one campaign for almost 100 hours, on day 333, and haven't had the save corrupt or any game breaking bugs. Though this is after installing those 5 or 6 fixes of course.

After the patch it should be great. Any content going to be added in the patch? I thought it would just be bug fixes but they seem to be posting a lot of concept art on the twitter.

Vespasianus said:
The bug fixes on the mod twitter look really good! Definitely looking forward to the formations and move commands working properly in battles.

And the concept artist is very talented, his depictions of the units look much how I had imagined them when I first read the novels.

Any chance we'll get hooded black Numenorean armour/clothing like the stuff in the concept art? I may have just not found that in the game yet but it looks great!

Due to the item limit in the MnB version, probably not. If we ever make a full move to Warband, maybe.

Vraelomon said:
Out of curiosity, and i am very sorry if the random curious guy is bothering you, is it fairly difficult to keep track of bugs? I mean you have all done such an astounding job with this mod but surely it must be difficult to identify the cuase of every crash or bug and then fix it. For example, my game seems to randomly crash at the exact same random moment and the only way ive found around it is to load an earlier save. How would you find a reason for that? It musnt be easy which is why im bewildered by the commitment you developers have given. Amazing work, really. Perhaps tolkien would be proud, of he had lived to even umderstand what computers were...

Everyone has to remember that TLD is a mod originally made for MnB vanilla and is already heavily modified, changing almost everything about the native game (e.g war system). The bigger the change, the more likely the issues. Then, it was made compatible with Warband by Swyter, who did it for the technical/intellectual challenge.  Fixing bugs may not be as motivating.

I believe that the save corrupting crash was a complex issue that has plagued TLD since 3.x. The cause was only found out by quite recently, by a observant player, confirmed and fixed by Swyter.

It's also good to remember that this mod is a labor of love by all devs, past and present, started and 'completed' in their spare time. Having players dive in the game without reading the manual, the forums, the information provided in different sites, and all other comments, then encounter a bug (with a fix already available in one place, if only some reading was done) and blaming devs in a very rude manner can be quite demotivating.

Mr.Milker said:
Vespasianus said:

Due to the item limit in the MnB version, probably not. If we ever make a full move to Warband, maybe.

Ah, I didn't know there was a hardcoded item limit, that's interesting.

But hey, you could always remove a few Beorning items, I doubt many people would notice some of the worse Beorning clothes being gone or something. Kidding, of course.

Hum, playing 3.3 in M&B 1.011 I get trapped trying to cross the Anduin through Cair Andros. I can't cross the river  :sad:

Does anybody more has this problem?

Yes. I had that same problem and for me it was fixed by the text file fixes that are available on the thread.

Here's a post by Khamukkamu that has them all
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199243.msg7235139.html#msg7235139

And here's a zipped version I uploaded with folder names. You need just to unzip this on your M&BFolder\Modules\TLD
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwmjmmOzzO4MYTFZRUd2cy1BZEE&usp=sharing

I'm not sure but it's likely you will have to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

Back
Top Bottom