• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

penguin055 said:
PLEASE HELP ME
I am playing as a dwarf of Erebor and EVERY time I try to fight Gundabad soldiers the game crashes (no messages other than "mount and blade: warband has stopped working) before the battle starts.
It is VERY annoying and I can't finish a quest because of it.  Is there any way I could possibly fix it?

Just read a few pages back....I wouldn't be surprised if you were the 9th person in 10 pages with the same bug, (and there is a fix).

I'm having periodic freezes while I'm travelling around in the overworld. Sometimes this causes the game to crash, sometimes this does not.

I looked a few threads in the external TLD forum, and someone mentioned to have the same problem. I will link to said page below. But what interested me was someone asking him if there were a bunch of dudes hanging around the Dunlander camp.

Now unfortunately no one followed up on that post, and registrations are closed so I'm unable to post about it. But the Dunlander camp is totally being weird for me. There are roughly two hosts hanging around with 3 raiding camps, not moving or anything. Is this what is causing me to crash?

Link to the post I'm referring to in the official TLD forum: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,3465.60.html?PHPSESSID=d,uC5xHYR6IqTW5ZqIIQI0

kuudou said:
I'm having periodic freezes while I'm travelling around in the overworld. Sometimes this causes the game to crash, sometimes this does not.

I looked a few threads in the external TLD forum, and someone mentioned to have the same problem. I will link to said page below. But what interested me was someone asking him if there were a bunch of dudes hanging around the Dunlander camp.

Now unfortunately no one followed up on that post, and registrations are closed so I'm unable to post about it. But the Dunlander camp is totally being weird for me. There are roughly two hosts hanging around with 3 raiding camps, not moving or anything. Is this what is causing me to crash?

Link to the post I'm referring to in the official TLD forum: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,3465.60.html?PHPSESSID=d,uC5xHYR6IqTW5ZqIIQI0

Yeah everyone gets the Dunlender camp moved onto the mountain when the war starts. The parties that spawn next to it are then unable to move.

I've had this occur pretty early on though. My crashes usually happen well after the war starts. Maybe parties spawning next to it try to occupy to same space and this causes a crash?

Like you said I also get the lag/freeze at night time. When a save file gets corrupt, the crash also seems to happen at this time.

Egregious Balzach said:
Yeah everyone gets the Dunlender camp moved onto the mountain when the war starts. The parties that spawn next to it are then unable to move.

I've had this occur pretty early on though. My crashes usually happen well after the war starts. Maybe parties spawning next to it try to occupy to same space and this causes a crash?

Like you said I also get the lag/freeze at night time. When a save file gets corrupt, the crash also seems to happen at this time.

Yeah this is also pretty much what I have. Although I also occasionally crash in the day.

Any fixes? Does reducing party spawn in the mod options do anything for example?

There's already a fix for the crashes and the dunlander camp. Look for it in the trello board https://trello.com/b/ntzYNdEA/the-last-days-of-the-third-age-warband-port

You read through the 'Done' cards, then you'll find the links there. Not all fixes are released yet, but the wargs, the crashes and dunlander camp fixes are.

Yeah, you are right. That store_add (A = B + C) should be a val_add (A += B).

This is the second anomaly I was commenting... If you read the surrounding code a bit further adding to "last_hp" will always make the "ge" comparisson to fullfill, meaning trolls will never swing as they will always be stunned. I think that code was just trying to inhibit troll swinging when they are been "briefly stunned" by damage by the default engine... So the coders were trying to mimic what naturally happens to all combatants. That's why I don't get the whole addition... A simple comparisson will trigger the stun if the troll has lost hp between 2 "ticks".

In my version what I did is to convert the opcode to val_sub and replace "3" by "10". Which makes the trolls to suspend their aoe swings only when they receive 10hp or more... The problem is that this still doesn't simulate fully the default mechanic of stun on WB (that for TLD, on module.ini, is put to just 1 point) because the stun is not by overall damage applied... Is per hit... But obviously this is the farther I can go doing simple .txt "hacks"... Replacing big chunks of logic requires source file editing.

ATM in my "hack" trolls at least swing once or twice before been permastunned by packs of infantry (Required also a modification on the chance to swing... Initially at 10%... I increased it to 66%).

In any case... This is just a very minor issue because Trolls are funny to watch, but not really operative in any sense as unit... So players affected by this behaviour will be just a few.

Soo...

Is the patch for the crashing at day 44, will it be released whenever with the rest?

Atm it is unplayable.

Also, for people non swyter or helping with coding, I'd like a tip on how to find the Sorceror in Mirkwood, the quest given by Lady Gladriel (I think, or that other ho)

I've been searching for days (in game) and can't find him. I need to do it quick before
A:Quest should run out soon
B:My Lord Elrong is beseiging moria, and he is outnumbered 3-1, I need to get there quick.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Soo...

Is the patch for the crashing at day 44, will it be released whenever with the rest?

Atm it is unplayable.

Also, for people non swyter or helping with coding, I'd like a tip on how to find the Sorceror in Mirkwood, the quest given by Lady Gladriel (I think, or that other ho)

I've been searching for days (in game) and can't find him. I need to do it quick before
B:My Lord Elrong is beseiging moria, and he is outnumbered 3-1, I need to get there quick.
ooooooo, that looks interesting....sorcerers....mirkwood... :razz:

Might have to check that out.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Soo...

Atm it is unplayable.

I've had no crashes so far and I'm approaching Day 100. Have you tried lowering the maximum number of parties? I have mine set to 700. Though I'm guessing this should probably be done at Day 1 and not when you're already mid or late-game.

As for the Sorcerer quest, I have no idea if the locations are random every time, but in my case Galadriel said that it would be nearby Dol Guldur and so I took a look there. Sure enough, a new location had been added in that area and it's the sorcerer's wanking den. Just take a look in the woods on your world map I guess, there should be a new location added for the quest.

Sethaniel said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Soo...

Atm it is unplayable.

I've had no crashes so far and I'm approaching Day 100. Have you tried lowering the maximum number of parties? I have mine set to 700. Though I'm guessing this should probably be done at Day 1 and not when you're already mid or late-game.

As for the Sorcerer quest, I have no idea if the locations are random every time, but in my case Galadriel said that it would be nearby Dol Guldur and so I took a look there. Sure enough, a new location had been added in that area and it's the sorcerer's wanking den. Just take a look in the woods on your world map I guess, there should be a new location added for the quest.

Ya mines Dol Guldur to, I've been searching mirkwood (where it is supposed to be) and I cant find it. I even used the Ctrl T cheat to view everything.

Sethaniel said:

I didn't know about the 700 Party size thing and managed to make it to about Day 94 or so before crashing constantly.

Not sure what's crashing me at this point. Since I also have the Dunlander camp bug.

It's the Dunlander Camp... In background what's happening is that all those Trapped Dunlendings parties are generating "ghost parties" that end triggering the crash...

...A friend suffered from this and when I inspected his savegame he got around 800 real parties and... 8000!!! ghost parties. Obviously the absolute numbers are meaningless because the crash limit is system dependant and seems that TLD limit is not obeyed by this "ghost parties" so... It's inevitable, Mr Anderson :wink:.

ragamer said:
It's the Dunlander Camp... In background what's happening is that all those Trapped Dunlendings parties are generating "ghost parties" that end triggering the crash...

That's really quite interesting. Do you think that it was the Dunlander Camp issue that led to most save corruption crashes in vanilla during previous TLD versions? Cause if it was and if it has now been fixed by Swy, then that means the biggest crash issue of TLD has been addressed! (I really hope so :smile:)

Can you think of any other situation that could cause those ghost parties to be generated?

Volstanding said:
Guys where is the orc patrol camp ?galadriel gave me this but i couldnt find it anywhere.and another quest.how do i find 5 GOOD metal scraps.

Should be NW-ish of Morannon.

Unless it's the other one which is W of Minas Morgul. Orc Supply Camp? They have similar names.

Thanks.İ found camp patrol.I thought it was like in warband i mean like merchants kidnapped child(or brother whatever).bandit cave.

Back
Top Bottom