Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Khamukkamu said:
Swyter said:
Cydonian said:
Game locks up on Day 124 when travelling the World Map then subsequently crashes. Installed all of the fixes, nothing seems to work including lowering the amount of parties to 600. I guess my poor dwarf will have to cut this adventure short.  :cry:

Have you tested out our automated patches? Admittedly they are on testing phase, and they may come with undesirable side effects. But I think it's worth a try:

Code:
https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/tld-downloads/downloads

As a bit of a disclaimer, these are cooked by a bot from the bleeding edge of our dev repository, so they include all the latest fixes and enhancements together with all of its consequences. The main one not being savegame compatible, at all.

That being said, installation is just how you expect it to be, a patch over a patch, to sum it up succinctly:

Mount&Blade 1.011: TLD_3.3 -> latest TLD_3.3_nightly patch
Mount&Blade Warband: TLD_3.3 -> TLD_3.3_wbcompat -> latest TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly patch

You can always update your TLD 3.3 install by overwriting with the latest nightly. Cool, right?

So far I haven't came across to a major bug in my new game.

But I would very appreciate if Dwarfs and Dale could hold the Rhun at the gates, because whenever we start pushing Gundabad, f.ckers come out of nowhere and ruin everything, they travel as far as into westernmost Gundabad camps to f.ck things up for us.

I also think armies regenerate a little too fast.

That's interesting. I guess each game is different. In mine, Rhun is almost completely destroyed, and Gundabad is next. I have to come up from Isengard and help them out.

I have max party size at 900 and it's quite hard to get past Rivendell and Lothlorien elves with a small party with the amount of scouts they have roaming. Pretty challenging though.

Inanch-Bilge said:
I also think armies regenerate a little too fast.

I have to agree with Inanch-Bilge on that part. Defeat Helcaroth in a massive battle and he comes back the very same day with a brand new set of 300 some troops to break whatever siege your excecuting. What a jerk. I dont know if that changes with faction strength or not, i couldnt tell. It didnt seem so, but then lords of gondor (for example) will think theyre invincible with all of ten troops once theyre countries start losing strength. So it might be. Makes it a pain for dale and erebor to do anything fast because as soon as the armies of rhun start riding they take off in cowardice and siege somewhere else until rhun catches up.
Although if you ask me, rhun is one of the funnest enemies to fight, just because i love to watch them shot down by archers. Always makes me feel powerful  :twisted:

Got the spears of Bladorthin quest, got permission to go look for them in the mountain. I got to the gate that says go to distant location at the bottom of the dungeon, but I can't seem to interact with it. Is this quest completed?

I am using this patch: TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly_patch_2014.08.07-19.30_r2025.7z

Swadius 2.0 said:
Got the spears of Bladorthin quest, got permission to go look for them in the mountain. I got to the gate that says go to distant location at the bottom of the dungeon, but I can't seem to interact with it. Is this quest completed?

I am using this patch: TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly_patch_2014.08.07-19.30_r2025.7z

No, it is partially done. Scenes are completed, dialogs are almost there, but scripting is just started.

Merlkir has complete design documents for those with coding experience wanting to help.

Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for the warband port,it really made my day when i noticed it. I've had a hard time with all of the crashes lately,but i found some interesting links from this post,i'll dl them and see if they are any good.

Mod is amazing! It's perfect,except these stability issues. Also few quests are bugged, for an example this one where you are supposed to capture a troll and take it to saruman. After beating the troll you dont get any other options than abandoning it.

Also,any fix to sieges yet? They work fine mostly,but for some reason enemies dont seem to be able to attack the gates. Some troops come up just fine using ladders,but rest just gangbang against the gate. Going closer and breaking it myself is not an option since i cant make my ally troops back off,and i tend to get stuck between enemies and my own troops which always results me getting killed.

Great work anyway,this gate problem is the only one which actually annoys me. :oops:

Hi guys so i bought mount and blade warband on steam and i tried to install it i did evrything like in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRG5CcVvAE#t=50
but i still cant play it becuse this happenns so i start mount and blade warband select TLD and click play  mount and blade warband and thean TLD intro starts playing and i skip it and thean i get RGL WARNING : hlsl_data_handels[5] is not valid  i clikc ok thean hlsl_data_handels[16],hlsl_data_handels[17],hlsl_data_handels[18] and so on and after the last one i get in it starts loading ini files and thean i get this error RGL ERROR Mesh names should have at least 2 characters: rename "0", in file "Modules/TLD/Resource/TLD_missiles_a.brf"

Any fixes or help would be very much appriciated

Khamukkamu said:
Let me put my canned response to ModDB here too (changed so that it has nightly patch instructions)

1) Download the main TLD file here:

2) Download the Warband Compat patch here:

3) Download the Nightly Patch here:

4) While that's downloading, read the manual here: http://synnaskole.sweb.cz/TLDManual3.3.pdf

5) Now that you have all files downloaded, open the main TLD file zip from step 1, copy the TLD folder into your Warband\Modules folder.

6) Afterwards, copy the contents of the Warband compat patch you downloaded from step 2 into your TLD folder. Overwrite when asked.

7) Afterwards, copy the contents of the Nightly Patch you downloaded  from step 3 into your TLD folder. Overwrite when asked.

8 ) Start Warband, select TLD from the drop down.

9) To see whats being worked on, check out Swyter's Trello here:

Optional:

10) Have fun!

There's a new set of nightly patches out, this time of revision 2028.

They fix the unreachable Théoden at Meduseld/Edoras, the missing models for two reward swords, made the trolls significantly harder to stun, and finally makes the translations work on Warband for Linux.

That's mostly it, I think. Tell me what you think.

Code:

Swyter said:

They fix the unreachable Théoden at Meduseld/Edoras, the missing models for two reward swords, made the trolls significantly harder to stun, and finally makes the translations work on Warband for Linux.

Code:

Many thanks for your hard work Swyter.

Mudalls said:
I'm sorry to bother you again, but it's still not working.

I have download again TLD, Wbcompat and the last nightly warband patch, but it simply stop with a ctd a day 35 or 36, or even 33 !

I have the same issue.
In my game I'm stuck at day 32 (noon). No matter what I do, the game crashes at certain time.
Even when I tried loading the earliest save I had (day 30), going entirely different routes and doing completely different things, the game still crashed at day 32, noon.
It looks like a dead end.

The mod looks amazing, I would really love to play it but I just can't start the new game knowing that there is such a bug in the game and I risk spending a couple of weeks and then facing this dead-end bug at day 100500.
Did anybody look into this problem? I've seen several posts already about same cases in this thread and to me it seems like the worst possible bug, the first priority thing, though I've seen no comments about it being taken care of or at least looked into by the modders... can you please take a look into this bug and try to do something about this?
I can send you the save file if it helps.

Leonion said:
Mudalls said:
I'm sorry to bother you again, but it's still not working.

I have download again TLD, Wbcompat and the last nightly warband patch, but it simply stop with a ctd a day 35 or 36, or even 33 !

I have the same issue.
In my game I'm stuck at day 32 (noon). No matter what I do, the game crashes at certain time.
Even when I tried to load the earliest save I had (day 30), go entirely different routes and do completely different things, the game still crashes at day 32, noon.
It looks like a dead end.

The mod looks amazing, I would really love to play it but I just can't start the new game knowing that there is such a bug in the game and I risk spending a couple of weeks and then facing this dead-end bug at day 100500.
Did anybody look into this problem? I've seen several posts already about same cases in this thread and to me it seems like the worst possible bug, the first priority thing, though I've seen no comments about it being taken care of or at least looked into by the modders... can you please take a look into this bug and try to do something about this?
I can send you the save file if it helps.

It's technically fixed. Or at least mitigated with the latest nightly patches. This is the Trello card, by the way.

What the engine does behind the scenes is pretty opaque, the bug reports come from third persons and we fix it through guesswork and trial and error. It's like a surgeon practicing through phone with no knowledge of what's inside the patient.

We can only poke and see what happens. So far Khamukkamu has played quite a lot with the nightlies and the game goes on without a hitch, or that's what I am told.

Send us over your savegame specifying exact version and platform/game/engine. Better if you post in in Trello, to have it all in a tidier place.

Swyter said:
It's technically fixed. Or at least mitigated with the latest nightly patches. This is the Trello card, by the way.

What the engine does behind the scenes is pretty opaque, the bug reports come from third persons and we fix it through guesswork and trial and error. It's like a surgeon practicing through phone with no knowledge of what's inside the patient.

We can only poke and see what happens. So far Khamukkamu has played quite a lot with the nightlies and the game goes on without a hitch, or that's what I am told.

Send us over your savegame specifying exact version and platform/game/engine. Better if you post in in Trello, to have it all in a tidier place.

Here are the save files (the latest one is about right before the crash):
https://yadi.sk/d/TqAw5C-NbYhwD
(I don't quite understand how this Trello site works so I'd rather use conventional file hosting).
Originally I started playing this game in Warband, TLD 3.3 without nightly patches (NPs). I tried the last and the previous NPs with these old saves and the crash still always happened no matter what I did in game.
If you say it's been fixed, I guess I should try starting a new game. It's just that from Mudalls' message I concluded that the bug is still somewhere in game. At least it seems in his case it's not so strictly determined as in mine.

Swyter said:

Code:

This goes over the last nightly patch or can be applied directly over the wbcompat patch?

HoJu said:
This goes over the last nightly patch or can be applied directly over the wbcompat patch?

Yes. You can always overwrite a nightly with a nightly, it's pretty easy. Me remito a lo dicho, compi.

Swyter said:
Cydonian said:
Game locks up on Day 124 when travelling the World Map then subsequently crashes. Installed all of the fixes, nothing seems to work including lowering the amount of parties to 600. I guess my poor dwarf will have to cut this adventure short.  :cry:

Have you tested out our automated patches? Admittedly they are on testing phase, and they may come with undesirable side effects. But I think it's worth a try:

Code:

As a bit of a disclaimer, these are cooked by a bot from the bleeding edge of our dev repository, so they include all the latest fixes and enhancements together with all of its consequences. The main one not being savegame compatible, at all.

That being said, installation is just how you expect it to be, a patch over a patch, to sum it up succinctly:

Mount&Blade 1.011: TLD_3.3 -> latest TLD_3.3_nightly patch
Mount&Blade Warband: TLD_3.3 -> TLD_3.3_wbcompat -> latest TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly patch

You can always update your TLD 3.3 install by overwriting with the latest nightly. Cool, right?

Back
Top Bottom