• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So I can only make suggestions on the transifex site's translations?

Swyter, I made a couple of suggestions regarding the strings in "There is no money in TLD..." and saved it separately--mostly I stuck with your translation but made a couple of tweaks, see what you think (see the comments I made).  I may have taken a couple of liberties reflecting the exact wording of the source.

A propósito ¿eres de España o de qué parte?

When translating into Spanish, I tried to use the Spanish version of the books as reference whenever posible, so the translation is not always literal.

Papageno said:
So I can only make suggestions on the transifex site's translations?

Swyter, I made a couple of suggestions regarding the strings in "There is no money in TLD..." and saved it separately--mostly I stuck with your translation but made a couple of tweaks, see what you think (see the comments I made).  I may have taken a couple of liberties reflecting the exact wording of the source.

A propósito ¿eres de España o de qué parte?

You should be able to edit and send un-reviewed strings. Thanks for the suggestions, added them to the final thing.

Y sí, soy de castilla.

HoJu said:
When translating into Spanish, I tried to use the Spanish version of the books as reference whenever posible, so the translation is not always literal.

There are many, good, wikis with pages connected between various languages, Wikipedia is a great reference too.

HoJu said:
I know, I mean I was trying to give the translation a bit of the style in the books
For me,best is to first Rough translate,and then,when you finish all,to polish translation.

Swyter, made a couple of small changes to "Your troops will position..." and "At the beginning of the game the War..."  translations, and commented the changes.  Also, there were a couple of additional things in my suggested translation (under Suggestions) of "There is no money in TLD" that I failed to point out before, so I left a comment for you to see and decide on them.

Anyway, enough work for a Saturday, now I have to go play some TLD!  :mrgreen:

Hello Guys,

When my faction strength grows that is to say: 1. I have better quality troops to recruit?

2. I can recruit more troops in my cities?

3. my generals can have more troops with this?

Another question is the following:

when I do quest for cities my relation with that cities grow, it is important?

Sincerely.

Pirilampo said:
Hello Guys,

When my faction strength grows that is to say: 1. I have better quality troops to recruit?

Sincerely.

1) Yes, you have the option of recruiting a better class of troop.

2) Not sure whether more are available to recruit

3) Not sure about this.  The number of troops you can command is (I think) influenced by your character level, your leadership skill and...?

As you do the missions for Town/City authorities (Campmasters, Thanes, etc.) your rank and influence increase with that Town's controlling faction, so yeah, it's important. When you get "known by" a faction you get a minimum steady income, at the next level you get more etc.

Papageno said:
Pirilampo said:
Hello Guys,

Sincerely.

1) Yes, you have the option of recruiting a better class of troop.

2) Not sure whether more are available to recruit

3) Not sure about this.  The number of troops you can command is (I think) influenced by your character level, your leadership skill and...?

As you do the missions for Town/City authorities (Campmasters, Thanes, etc.) your rank and influence increase with that Town's controlling faction, so yeah, it's important. When you get "known by" a faction you get a minimum steady income, at the next level you get more etc.

3) its influenced by character level, Leadership skill and Rank!!! But i think leadership increase like 5 per point in skill and Rank something like 2 or 3.

i also have 2 more questions: 1) faction strenght really influence the capacite of an faction to produce scouts, war parties, raiders?

2) when i destroy an war parties, the faction it belong lose strenghts?

3) Mordor strenght is influencied by the strenght of it allies?

Thanks for the Help.

Best Regards

Is there any way to eliminate the Isengard faction completely?  Playing as Rohan, we've razed all of Isengard's camps and destroyed the Dunlander camp, but now nobody in my faction will start a siege at Isengard (the actual city).  Isengard's faction strength is around 1200, well below the 4100 currently required for factions to be sieged.  I have enough rank and influence to talk about strategy with my faction leader, but when I do there are no dialogue options available.  All my faction leader does is patrol around towns with his officers.  And until Isengard is destroyed, I'm the only one in my faction that's doing anything to help the struggling Gondor...
How can I finally destroy Isengard and get started with the next phase of the game?

shaneike said:
Is there any way to eliminate the Isengard faction completely?  Playing as Rohan, we've razed all of Isengard's camps and destroyed the Dunlander camp, but now nobody in my faction will start a siege at Isengard (the actual city).  Isengard's faction strength is around 1200, well below the 4100 currently required for factions to be sieged.  I have enough rank and influence to talk about strategy with my faction leader, but when I do there are no dialogue options available.  All my faction leader does is patrol around towns with his officers.  And until Isengard is destroyed, I'm the only one in my faction that's doing anything to help the struggling Gondor...
How can I finally destroy Isengard and get started with the next phase of the game?

There's a specific reason for this:
when Isengard is 'spent and wavering' a special message will appear and a huge"Guard Legion of Isengard" party will spawn and patrol around outside Orthanc and the Walls.

I've mentioned this problem before, and i think it's important. I looked at the trello board and i couldn't find it so...

The NPC on my team will only besiege the enemies advancement camps. That is fine if you can grind them down until their faction strength falls under 500, but if they regain strength faster than they spawn advancement camps there is no way to win.

Svanhufvud said:
I've mentioned this problem before, and i think it's important. I looked at the trello board and i couldn't find it so...

The NPC on my team will only besiege the enemies advancement camps. That is fine if you can grind them down until their faction strength falls under 500, but if they regain strength faster than they spawn advancement camps there is no way to win.

That doesn't seem to be related with the Warband port. MadVader programmed the campaign AI and is a codebase by itself. I tend to fix some of the more obvious bugs in TLD too, but that is very specific and I may break more than fix.

Better if others take care of that one, I have my own share of problems already.

Hi all, how are you doing?
Sorry, I don't mean to be demanding or anything but are there any news in the advancement of the patch? It's been quite silent lately.
Thanks for all your work guys, keep it up!

There is trello
https://trello.com/b/ntzYNdEA/the-last-days-of-the-third-age-warband-port
to know how it's done.
But, agree, some forecasts also would be nice ))

I've been playing with this mod for a few weeks now and I'm about ready to move on to another game, so I figure I should put in my two cents about the mod:
Overall this mod is fantastic, much better than the original game.  I've had a lot of fun with it and I've been constantly amazed with the level of work and detail that went into it.  The amount of creativity and variation in this mod really deserves recognition.
On the off chance that this mod is still being worked on, here's the few things that I think need to be changed more than anything else (these are based on my experience playing as Rohan, Imladrys, and Gondor):

1) Olog-hai are terribly overpowered.  They do so much damage to so many units, and can take so much damage before dying, that only a few of them are capable of killing an army of fifty or more experienced units.  Add in their ability to scare horses, and the only semi-reliable method I've found of dealing with them is outrunning and grinding them down with horse archers.  It seems that killing them from a distance is the way to go, but the problem is that there's no way of telling my archers to prioritize them.  Since they're always mixed in with other enemy units, and usually don't all appear in the first wave of enemies, my archers either run out of arrows before killing them or the trolls are able to reach my defensive line before we can kill them.  And forget about sieges--a few Olog-hai are practically capable of taking a city by themselves.  Trolls of Moria are a bit less of a problem because they seem to have less hitpoints.  I understand that they do "friendly fire" as a kind of balance, but that really doesn't do much to offset the fact that two of them are killing ridiculous amounts of my units.  And they're VERY common in the forces of Mordor and Dol Guldur.  There's nothing more frustrating than nearly destroying an enemy force with minimal losses, only to lose most of my force to two trolls that appeared near the end of the battle.

2) Wargs are obnoxious and unfair.  Warg rider units aren't particularly powerful on their own, but once the riders are killed taking care of the wargs becomes a real chore.  They run around in random, annoying patterns that makes it tedious to chase them down, and the battle doesn't end until you've found and killed all of them.  But the real problem with the wargs is that my units can't distinguish between them and other enemies.  So, while a riderless warg poses little threat to my units (no threat if they're mounted units), my soldiers still get distracted from the real enemies.  My units scatter chasing random wargs and just ignore more dangerous enemies in favor of the wargs.  And the more wargs an enemy force has, the more time and effort I have to spend hunting them down so they don't distract my soldiers (or just to "win" the battle at the end).  Somehow I don't think exploiting the AI of your units was the intended purpose of these riderless wargs.

3) I think the player should be able to initiate sieges/offensives if certain requirements are met, or it should at least be a lot easier to get the captains of your faction to do so.  Waiting for your faction leader to start an offensive, hoping that he chooses a viable course of action, and praying that enough captains from your faction join in (and STAY in) to make the offensive worth while takes a lot of fun out of the game.  I think the developers of the original M&B recognized this, which is why the player can become a faction's "marshal" in the original game.  The cost of 50 influence to ask my faction leader to start a siege meant that I could hardly ever do it, and only when I and my faction were very established (meaning that I didn't need to ask the leader nearly as badly by the time it was an option).  And asking the leader to start a siege didn't seem to do anything to guarantee that enough captains would join in the siege to make it worth doing at all, thereby wasting my 50 influence.  Giving the player more control over the coordinated military actions of his faction would take a lot of frustration out of this game and add a lot of strategic options and fun.

Despite these issues, I played one campaign to completion and got a good way through two more and I really enjoyed myself.  Thanks for this incredible mod!

Back
Top Bottom