• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a fix for uncorrupting corrupted saved games?

The farther I have got is using MB savegame editor to identify the source. It's easy to edit the Camp possition to the correct values but...

...The basic template of the editor is not taking into account the specifics of TLD so, the edited savegame can't be loaded even if the Dunlander Camp possition is correct.

So ATM, sadly, you have to restart, using the fix in trello (triggers.txt) and be sure that after the war starts the Camp is placed correctly (You can use the old triggers.txt afterwards... I say this because the "patched" one generates some strange message strings, for example, while traversing Fangorn as Isengard).

I'll try and let you know.Thank you.

Edit:İt seems ok for now.

How can i find gundabad raiders party ? is it  vassal army or like bandit group ?i killed vassal armies but nothing happened and i couldnt find bandit group.

Volstanding said:
I'll try and let you know.Thank you.

Edit:İt seems ok for now.

How can i find gundabad raiders party ? is it  vassal army or like bandit group ?i killed vassal armies but nothing happened and i couldnt find bandit group.

Its basicly a army without a vassal leader. Just scout around gundabad till you find them (or Ctrl T)

They seem to be rare for Moria and Gundabad as I found.

Im playing with ctrl+t but couldnt find it nor in castles neither out.(that english...lol).it says find 6 of them and i couldnt even find 1  :grin:

The "hunting party" quest becomes progressively harder as factions under siege loose fast the capability to spawn scouts, patrols & caravans. I haven't delved deep on why it's the case... But only the factions with commanders that are rarely defeated seems to be able to spawn "secondary" squads in my game... This doesn't explain why caravans dissapear also, but it's a good sympthom against which factions you should not accept this quest.

You are right.I checked it mordor.they have it.Because they  are most powerful faction in my game.Then i wont touch gundabad and maybe they can be recovered.

ragamer said:
It's the Dunlander Camp... In background what's happening is that all those Trapped Dunlendings parties are generating "ghost parties" that end triggering the crash...

...A friend suffered from this and when I inspected his savegame he got around 800 real parties and... 8000!!! ghost parties. Obviously the absolute numbers are meaningless because the crash limit is system dependant and seems that TLD limit is not obeyed by this "ghost parties" so... It's inevitable, Mr Anderson :wink:.

ragamer said:
Is there a fix for uncorrupting corrupted saved games?

The farther I have got is using MB savegame editor to identify the source. It's easy to edit the Camp possition to the correct values but...

...The basic template of the editor is not taking into account the specifics of TLD so, the edited savegame can't be loaded even if the Dunlander Camp possition is correct.

So ATM, sadly, you have to restart, using the fix in trello (triggers.txt) and be sure that after the war starts the Camp is placed correctly (You can use the old triggers.txt afterwards... I say this because the "patched" one generates some strange message strings, for example, while traversing Fangorn as Isengard).

Can you expand on what those "ghost parties" are and what are their party templates?

I don't seem to be able to open any corrupted savegame with any of the two available savegame editor thingies,
they are buggy and their error handling is beyond terrible. Sigh. *whiny whiny*

--

On another note, the lone wargs thing is almost completely ironed out. I've been taking a good look to the Formation AI code too.

Terrible, terrible spaguetti code all around, no wonder why it doesn't works with all the ugly assumptions that it does.
I'm having nightmares with the general code quality, lack of comments, inconsistent indenting and tidiness.

Seriously, a general rewrite is more appealing than tidying up and understanding other people's garbled logic. *whiny whiny*

Not sure if this is a well-known bug. But walking into certain areas of a town will cause my screen to shake. Walking in other parts of the same town do not cause this to happen.

Some towns don't have this, some do. In some places turning really quickly also causes the same thing. Some towns don't cause this at all.

I should mention that I patched the game so far with the new triggers.txt that they put out for the Dunlander bug.

kuudou said:
Not sure if this is a well-known bug. But walking into certain areas of a town will cause my screen to shake. Walking in other parts of the same town do not cause this to happen.

Some towns don't have this, some do. In some places turning really quickly also causes the same thing. Some towns don't cause this at all.

This is the second time ever anyone mentioned screen shaking. I'm copy pasting from our Optimization thread:

5. If your screen shakes/jumps and shadows flicker
Quote from: Tegalad on November 06, 2011, 09:46:56 AM
Hi,
It was me who wrote about problems with the screen "jumping/jiggering" when hovering the mouse over menus and about the flickering shadows and flickering mouse. The problem was so random that I thought I manage to solve it through running the game in Windows XP mode. Now I know that this was not a correct solution (I will edit my post on the board later. Now for the solution (which I think you maybe want can add to your optimization thread). The problem with the "jumping/jiggering" shadows lied in HDR mod included in TLD. The solution is to change EnableMotionBlur=0 in enbseries.ini. The flickering shadows and the flickering/no mouse problem is caused by crossfire. If you disable the crossfire option (in CCC) the problem disappears. For dual-GPU owners it may be a problem because you can not turn of Crossfire through CCC. There is a program named RadeonPro (http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/) through which you can disable crossfire in dual-GPU graphic cards.

Thank you

Maybe try turning HDR off?

I have no such file called enbseries.ini in my mod or install directory, or my hard drive for that matter.

Google search yielded very little.

Mr.Milker said:
Mr.Milker said:
Maybe try turning HDR off?

Oh right I forgot to mention I did that, and then tried to do the fix mentioned in your quoted post from the FAQ.

Doesn't do a thing. Screen shaking persists in some areas of some towns. I haven't been keeping track as to which towns but I can verify that there are quite a few of them.

Mr.Milker said:
If you wanted to follow up, please do a list of towns that do this. A video would be most helpful. (this is not a bug we've ever heard of, really.)

I might be able to get a list. I'll see what I can do about the video, I think I have some archaic version of Fraps installed somewhere.

EDIT:

Video link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gN6l9IT2hQ&feature=youtu.be

VIDEO SPECS: I set FRAPS' recording rate to 30 FPS/480p for the sake of not having to upload a 2Gb video for two days(Youtube locks video framerate at 30 anyway). The game is running at 1920x1080p, mostly hovering around 60 FPS. My drivers are up to date and my system specs are pretty decent.

The shaking that you see in this video isn't as violent since I think fraps locks my framerate as well when I record. But you get the idea. If you hear audio cuts that's just FRAPS, not the game.

Running/spinning in other sections of that same town, no problems. This problem also persists in most of the Gondor cities (once again only certain sections of it). I'll run around a little more so maybe I'll have a few more problematic cities for you but in the mean time chew on that video for a bit I guess.

Question: since new registrations are not allowed over on the official Last Days' forum (external to this site), are we to discuss all matters related to the mod in this present thread?

Back
Top Bottom