• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for all the hard work! I have always wanted to play this mod and now it is finally being converted to Warband. Made my day when I heard about this a couple days ago!

Just a little bug to report - in the Helms deep custom battle, the enemy troops have got problem spawning. I mean, they spawn, but get stuck immediately, so a lot of them never makes it to the walls. Makes it really easy for the defenders. Just a minor bug, wasn't sure if someone mentioned it or not.

switchfoot said:
Thanks for all the hard work! I have always wanted to play this mod and now it is finally being converted to Warband. Made my day when I heard about this a couple days ago!

Just a little bug to report - in the Helms deep custom battle, the enemy troops have got problem spawning. I mean, they spawn, but get stuck immediately, so a lot of them never makes it to the walls. Makes it really easy for the defenders. Just a minor bug, wasn't sure if someone mentioned it or not.

In fact, I made a new AI mesh for Hornburg's quick battle but uruks broke upon the fortress like water on rock.
Seriously, don't make me think about it, it was a complete massacre. It was fun, but futile.

Will try to make a worse one for the next time. They climbed the ladders in groups of four.

From what I've seen of the formation AI I like it, but I don't have a full opinion since it's currently broken. I also like Warband's default system, it allows for more commands than the AI seems to but it also isn't as specific, if that makes sense. I feel like the formation AI is much more useful overall, though the regular system does have a few upsides.

I'd much prefer to see the formation AI at full capacity without warband controls than the other way around.

Swyter said:
SRACon17 said:
I just disabled Formations in the TLD options :smile:

And what one do you like the most, Native Warband's or TLD's by motomataru?
I'd do a poll, but only Triglav has the power over here. It's also more "intimate". :smile:

Seriously. To people who has played TLD in M&B 1.011, do you think that removing the custom formation code and leaving Native's will suffice?

--

Also, I'd also like to know your opinion about patching from now on, at first I was aiming for standalone releases, as some people are having trouble overwriting files once. On the other hand, many others don't have the bandwidth to download another half a gig and patches from now on will be extremely small.

Now, what I ask is, do you prefer patches for either version, or just for M&B 1.011 with a complementary Warband compatibility patch over them?

Code:
[color=navy](*) TLD 3.3 Standalone for M&B 1.011 -> TLD 3.3a Patch for M&B 1.011
    \ Warband Compatibility Patch       \ Warband Compatibility Patch[/color]

OR

[color=navy](*) TLD 3.3 Standalone for M&B 1.011 -> TLD 3.3a Patch for M&B 1.011
    \ Warband Compatibility Patch    -> TLD 3.3a Patch for M&B WB[/color]

Of course TLD's Formations. What I meant was I just disabled the AI formations until the 'bug' gets fixed  :smile: Please don't remove the custom formations code, I think TLD's is way superior. As for the patch, I would prefer the patches for either version.

"Formation AI" not only for the player... But the AIs without it are just cannon fodder.

Patch deployment strategy... I don't care, whatever is less work for the modders.

Catched another bug:

- Defeating an enemy commander close to Dol Guldur North Outpost resets your Mordor Resource account to Guldur's (This time my 22k Mordor Resources turned into the crappy 1081 I got on Guldur's :sad:). I will try to trigger this again to be more precisse about the conditions for this to happen, but it has happened 2 times already on this game and always after fighting enemy commanders around DG North Outpost.

EDIT:

Silly me, the "bug" is in another sense, Dol Guldur & Mordor Resources accounts are the same, influence and rank not.

Hello Guys, i just dowload the mod and read the guide, i also have seen some gameplays, the game is awesome, i really like it!!!

For my first gameplay i want to play as Beornings, and i want some tips about than.

Best Regards.

Mr.Milker said:
Pirilampo said:
For my first gameplay i want to play as Beornings, and i want some tips about than.

Best Regards.

Not much to say. They're quite weak, so be warned. It won't be easy.

Ok, but what man faction should i play? Gondor looks cool and Rohan Too!!!

Imlahdris camp is also pretty ****ed. The enemy spawn in an inaccessible area, and after the infantry has come through the "force-field", the archers have a field day.

Pirilampo said:
Ok, but what man faction should i play? Gondor looks cool and Rohan Too!!!
I've only played Mirkwood elves at the moment, but I really want to do Gondor and Rohan both. Just waiting on the patch now, then I'll have to decide which to play first.

I'm thinking Gondor, because I want to mess around with a tower shield and the closest thing to plate armor the game has. Rohan being up against two factions which have excellent anti-calvary (at least from what I've seen in the few battles I went that far south to fight) seems like it would be incredibly frustrating to play as.

Andöril said:
I've only played Mirkwood elves at the moment, but I really want to do Gondor and Rohan both. Just waiting on the patch now, then I'll have to decide which to play first.

I'm thinking Gondor, because I want to mess around with a tower shield and the closest thing to plate armor the game has. Rohan being up against two factions which have excellent anti-calvary (at least from what I've seen in the few battles I went that far south to fight) seems like it would be incredibly frustrating to play as.

I've played Rohan awhile now and I can say most battles are a toss up or even similar to a flow chart :razz:
Does the party have Pikemen?->Yes-> I need to run behind enemy lines to get most of the enemy army facing me so that the army doesn't get ripped open.
                                                ->No-> Then I should be able to do fairly well.

Yeah, you cant go wrong in faction choosing. Just know that Beornings dont have cav. The good site will never struggle on the battlefield, but the enemy copulates in a manner which a flow chart in the same alike the one SmurfInHell describes.

Svanhufvud said:
Yeah, you cant go wrong in faction choosing. Just know that Beornings dont have cav. The good site will never struggle on the battlefield, but the enemy copulates in a manner which a flow chart in the same alike the one SmurfInHell describes.
Honestly the Beornings look like the most boring and the weakest faction to me (on the good side at least), but to each their own. Maybe if their powers came into play they'd be more interesting, but as far as I can tell they behave just like regular men but with axes and leather instead of swords and mail.

I hope you enjoy them though. Also, copulates may not be the correct word here!

Combat is fairly easy right now due to the Formations AI issue. Once it starts working as designed, I believe those that played TLD in Vanilla M&B would agree that combat difficulty would ramp up and I'm sure battles won't be as simple as what SmurfInHell described :grin:

A huge Uruk-hai shield wall can stop a cavalry charge fairly well.

Khamukkamu said:
Combat is fairly easy right now due to the Formations AI issue. Once it starts working as designed, I believe those that played TLD in Vanilla M&B would agree that combat difficulty would ramp up and I'm sure battles won't be as simple as what SmurfInHell described :grin:

The mod does suffer from the mere 150 unit cap. I'd like to see how 100 Uruk-hai can handle 200 Rohirrim calvary, but since the battle would be scaled down so much the Uruk-hai lose their advantage of having multiple ranks of spears since there would only be about 30 of them on the battlefield at once.

Andöril said:
Khamukkamu said:

The mod does suffer from the mere 150 unit cap. I'd like to see how 100 Uruk-hai can handle 200 Rohirrim calvary, but since the battle would be scaled down so much the Uruk-hai lose their advantage of having multiple ranks of spears since there would only be about 30 of them on the battlefield at once.

There's "Battle sizer" for increase the number of npc, max 1000.

Perceived as enemies (I'm currently an Isengard Uruk)... They are the easiest to deal with. My personal record is taking down a combined 405 army with my 85 elite squad of Uruk Trackers and Numeronean Cavalry... The losses were just 10, that, thanks to my surgeon translated to just 2 real casualties... On the other side, my best record against a lothoriel army, was taking down an 81 army loosing my 40 fodder complement (Orc infantry) and also suffering around 30% losses on my elite squad (And that is "scrolling" battlefields to select the most advantageous to me... Which is not always possible):

- Short Range weapons (painfull... But short) axes mainly.
- Weak Archers.
- Lack of Cavalry.
- Extremely Weak armor.
- Lack of Shields in high level troops.

So they show, sadly, all the bad points a M&B faction can have. I wouldn't recommend them as first play. If you are into infantry-type gameplay (on the good side)... Better go for Dwarves or Lothoriel Elves. But keep in mind that if you work your Ranks with different factions, you can assemble a multiracial army (In fact it a smart thing to do so your weekly expenses are paid from different resource pools... The player character army is limited on some factions by charisma+leadership... While in others by the wages... The later specially true in cavalry heavy ones).

Thats seems a little unbalanced, I understand little armor but they need somekind of power boost, since they cannot transform, I guess increasing their damage would be best.

Even if they cannot transform I wonder if bears could be added as seperate unit.

ragamer said:

Perceived as enemies (I'm currently an Isengard Uruk)... They are the easiest to deal with. My personal record is taking down a combined 405 army with my 85 elite squad of Uruk Trackers and Numeronean Cavalry... The losses were just 10, that, thanks to my surgeon translated to just 2 real casualties... On the other side, my best record against a lothoriel army, was taking down an 81 army loosing my 40 fodder complement (Orc infantry) and also suffering around 30% losses on my elite squad (And that is "scrolling" battlefields to select the most advantageous to me... Which is not always possible):

- Short Range weapons (painfull... But short) axes mainly.
- Weak Archers.
- Lack of Cavalry.
- Extremely Weak armor.
- Lack of Shields in high level troops.

So they show, sadly, all the bad points a M&B faction can have. I wouldn't recommend them as first play. If you are into infantry-type gameplay (on the good side)... Better go for Dwarves or Lothoriel Elves. But keep in mind that if you work your Ranks with different factions, you can assemble a multiracial army (In fact it a smart thing to do so your weekly expenses are paid from different resource pools... The player character army is limited on some factions by charisma+leadership... While in others by the wages... The later specially true in cavalry heavy ones).

Thnx for the tips, i think maybe later i give than a try, for now i choose Gondor!!! Knights of Dol Almorth rules, i know i gonna face too many enemys but lets see!!!

Dwarfs looks cool too, Iron Hills Infantry are good?

Another updates will be Released?

Thats seems a little unbalanced, I understand little armor but they need somekind of power boost, since they cannot transform, I guess increasing their damage would be best.

The entire module revolves about been more or less lore-abiding (Factions aren't balanced at all)... Changellings between Beorn ppl were extremely rare. Their strong point, as culture, was the knowledge of beasts, nature in general and paths... They weren't a warlike culture like Orcs, Rohir or Gondor. "Tweaking" them for M&B could be done in a number of different "lore-friendly" ways:

- Reduce the penalties for movement on rough terrain (Forests atm). Overland move speed is the most important tactical element on M&B because it's the most important factor controlling the odds you will face on a given battle.

- Allow them to spawn in battles with nature beasts appropiate were the battle happens. The "beast pack" level should be proportional to the Infantry level of the basic army and they should be considered cavalry from commander PoV. If "spawning mechanic" can't be done properly... This "beasts" can be an specific troop the Beornid player could hire & train but they would be subject to the same "party size" amplyfications an Uruk commander enjoys with orcs (This beasts shouldn't be "ultimate" killers... Just a fast moving complement a Beorn commander could use as bait or as fodder).

- Allow some elite Beornid units to "scare" enemy mounts. Similar to what Trolls do.

- Study the possibility to add a "Beornid Shield Bearer". A specialized extremely strong unit carrying an oversized infantry-only shield (With humongous STR requirement... So players can't easily use it)... To compensate they should carry a weak 1h club as weapon. That way, using "Formation AI" Shield Wall... The Beornids could advance towards enemy archers.

- Give Beorn Faction a "beast" in the shape of a Giant Bear. They should be extremely costly to keep and would require a quest to recruit. Similar as to what happens with Isengard Trolls... The cost of this Beast, should be manageabale so a player could carry 1 or 2 of them regularly (Maybe it would require a limit in the sense that the recruiting quest couldn't be repeated unless the player owned less than the current cap. Cap could be based on Beornid Rank)... Not like trolls that are "mission specific" and requires intensive saving.

OFC, this are just ideas... I have no clue how much modding effort they would require (I guess a lot).

Back
Top Bottom