Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JabdiMelborn said:
RabbleKnight said:
But judging from the video, the ship combat is awesome and no mod could do it.
...Err... not really:...
...This was from a 2010 mod...

:wink:

ciauz^^,

Jab

Holy ****!! Is that the pirate mod yoshiboy was working on?  And to think we got stuck with this over priced Caribbean mod.  Makes me so sad. :cry:

Tempered said:
JabdiMelborn said:
RabbleKnight said:
But judging from the video, the ship combat is awesome and no mod could do it.
...Err... not really:...
...This was from a 2010 mod...

:wink:

ciauz^^,

Jab

Holy ****!! Is that the pirate mod yoshiboy was working on?  And to think we got stuck with this over priced Caribbean mod.  Makes me so sad. :cry:

Those were the days...

I think there's something about Caribbean you guys should know...

Recently, thanks to a friend, I had an opportunity to play the alpha version of the game for few minutes. I was really happy about how well the models and textures look and I thought that this has a chance to be a quite nice game. Then I took a look at game files and I was a little less happy. I found some leftover files of few mods (eg. brf from PBOD, test texture from The Deluge...) - somebody just failed at cleaning the module for alpha release. Although, those were not very important things so I though it's not a really big deal.

Today I had another chance to take a look at the game files. I was wondering if there are more of such "leftovers" so I checked the scripts.txt. Just scrolled it down and noticed there's a group of scripts which names sound quite similar. Well, not really similar, since they were named exactly like scripts related to operating cannons in our mod. I run them through compare plugin and it seems that those are just copy-pasted scripts from our mod. Some of them were altered, some are exactly the same (just variable numbers changed). They must have written a decompiler and used it on selected mods to get the stuff they wanted out of them.

I don't really know if game currently is using those scripts or were they just pasted there as a sample. I don't know how many of such scripts and from how many other mods are actually there, but I think it doesn't really matter. Even if it was just one script, it will still be a ****ty thing to do.

I don't know how you guys see it, but I totaly lost my respect for those developers and for sure I'm not going to buy any game they'll make. First the thing with Yoshiboy, and now this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom