Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way for the player to push a cannon, or to order a bot gunner to stop crewing a cannon so the player can use it?

also is there a tutorial somewhere for commanding troops in Caribbean, because either it is broken or they changed it a lot.

May i ask is Is there any portuguese city (and a portuguese faction) or the dev just chose their banner for that vid?

Thanks! Sadly portugal is ALWAYS overlooked in games, weird since it was much more important than say Netherlands in the age of sail :sad:

Imper1um said:
Hey guys, new update today, with a bonus video:

Full update notes: http://snowbirdgames.com/?p=1203

Good work, congratulations! You are making very good progress to the game!
I want to recommend only one thing as many other people also request it - please put back the "F1,F2,F3, etc." for commands and "1,2,3, etc." for unit selection as a quick way to assign orders to your troops. Your new system is wonderful and it really improves over standard M&B interface, but think about improving it by adding back those quick commands everybody is so used to.
Thank you!

Wulfburk said:
May i ask is Is there any portuguese city (and a portuguese faction) or the dev just chose their banner for that vid?

Thanks! Sadly portugal is ALWAYS overlooked in games, weird since it was much more important than say Netherlands in the age of sail :sad:

You are absolutely right! Actually, Portugal was the first country who started the Age of Sail and this is overlooked in gaming. For example, Netherlands was a sea faring power late in 17th century, but it is always represented more than Portugal, even in games which should show us early phases of the Age of Sail (late 15th - late 16th century).

I'm the guy who commented about idle animations on YT. I'd like to point out here in hopes it is likelier to get noticed - idle stances for soldiers holding one handed weapons and even muskets look fairly odd, I think more variety would make this look a lot more organic and less rigid and well, less unpleasant to look at overall. There's also somehow too much spacing between the soldiers, at least the infantry.

...This is my best screen from Caribbean!:...
10703655_637783073004371_673492028462539915_n.jpg

...Taleworlds Team at "Game Industry Cup 2014":...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.637812613001417.1073741853.407395989376415&type=1

23.gif

ciauz^^,
Jab

My biggest problem is still with things like, "enemies overlapping" I can easily fight two on one, except the enemies can hit through each other so you can never get a hit in edgewise. Plus if a friendly is near me I will hit them. Would love to see that addressed.

Slev said:
My biggest problem is still with things like, "enemies overlapping" I can easily fight two on one, except the enemies can hit through each other so you can never get a hit in edgewise. Plus if a friendly is near me I will hit them. Would love to see that addressed.

I believe that's always been an issue with bots in Warband(?)

Slev said:

This is a HUGE problem with any M&B game!
It is a complete nonsense and it ruin battles when the player is surrounded by his own troops and he can't swing at enemies who actually don't have his problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom