Not open for further replies.
RabbleKnight said:
Imper1um said:
Hi guys,

We released a new update today. Take a look:

Full patch notes here.
:eek:

Nice work out there mister!

I'm waiting for you to release version 1.0 and once Caribbean exit Early access and I will definitely buy it.

Keep up the good work - this game has a potential to be better than any pirate themed game out there and that's a LOT.

Austupaio said:
YourStepDad said:
It's an alpha, you bargained for an alpha, and you got just that.

Wait for the full release.
You actually think the full release will be any better? :lol:

Even without that new video(which looks incredible, bravo Snowbird team), is it so difficult to believe that a later version of a game will be better than an earlier version of the game?  :neutral:

Captured Joe said:
So, it's on a 30% discount on Steam currently... is it worth getting if one already has Sid Meyer's Pirates!?

Yep, that new update video plus Steam's discount have convinced me to buy the game before the final release. I am happy to support the development in that way.
Nonetheless, I haven't changed my mind about playing Early Access games - will wait for a full resease before I give Caribbean a shot.
But guys, help the Devs, buy their game - I'm sure it would not disappoint.

I've played it for some time. The buggy part is the ship battles. They are poorly optimised and you need a super-computer to get a decent framerate.
Apart from that there are no interiors yet, and scenes can't be visited. It's also not balanced in terms of economy.
So all in all it's not easy and much of the game is not really available.
All of that should be resolved with the next version though. Don't know when that will be. Haven't been following.

Sir Prince said:
Has anyone been playing the Early Access? Saw a friend on Steam playing it, he said it was buggy. I didn't even know it was available yet.

I gave it a try - what can I say?

The game is very promising and without any doubt it has the potential to become the best M&B ever and ALSO the best pirate themed game ever.
But this would happen long road ahead, somewhere in 2016 maybe, when all thoughts, ideas and promises will be done...

As of now (08 October 2014) the game is barely playable at all as there are many missing scenes, quests, resourses, assets, balance issues, lots of bugs, heavy engine, etc. No way to play a game like that. BUT this is not the point in Early Access - the point is for a gamer to take a look and try Carribean, to actually see what the Devs have in mind. When I played, I adored the game, even that it is MOSTLY 40% finished (no matter what Snowbird says!). Devs consider great ideas for the game and they showed their intentions to make the best of it. We just have to wait and see :smile: The nicest point here is that I actually made a suggestion on their discussion page on Steam about docking ships and landing on shore (two missing things as of now) and one of the Devs actually replied me, stating that Snowbird would consider adding my suggestion in the future. That is what Early Access is all about!

Please guys, give Snowbird a time to deliver what they promised. I'm sure Carribean will be great once finished (end of 2015 earliest, I mean really finished). Until then, I give my both thumbs up for Carribean - whoever wants to help, buy the game, like I did.

wildyracing said:
Please guys, give Snowbird a time to deliver what they promised.
...I did more, I give them money for an early alpha...
...now I expect them to do everything they promised...
...possibly, soonTM... :wink:

...Caribbean! — Status update #4:...
http://snowbirdgames.com/?p=1167

...Caribbean! — Development roadmap:...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/293010/discussions/0/616189106382940185/

N.B.:...Hey, why multiplayer is not mentioned on your plan...? :sad:

ciauz^^,
Jab

I give them my money too and I'm willing to wait until its done.

Anyway, I don't need any multiplayer at all (never liked multiplayer in M&B), so this doesn't bother me either.

Theoditus said:
I'd prefer too that they rather focus to make single player as best as possible.
wildyracing said:
Anyway, I don't need any multiplayer at all (never liked multiplayer in M&B), so this doesn't bother me either.
...Ok, but looking at their 1th announcement (first post thread) and other several time they write:...

"Various multiplayer modes featuring the sea and land battles, boarding and sieges"

...so I expected that sooner o later they would introduce multiplayer...
...discover that they no longer included it on their plans just surprised me....negatively... :sad:

N.B.:...fortunally we have the mod "The Deluge" for it... :grin:

ciauz^^,
Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom