Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YourStepDad said:
More features removed than put in? Again, this is bull****.
So what features -were- put in? You mentioned 3 things that were removed & not listed anything that was put in. Apart from the half-arsed brawling in villages I distinctly recall, what was new?

EDIT: (Apologies if I'm sounding unreasonably argumentative)

That is because I did not list anything that was put in. Fine, here goes;

- Three storylines with their unique quests.

- Formations & Pike Bracing, which the AI used as well. The battles for me felt organic and fun like never before. You couldn't rambo charge any longer,  infantry cluster****s were never to be seen again, and you actually needed to apply some basic tactics. The battles were challenging without ridiculous stat pumping ala Prophesy of Pendor.

- More options in sieges - ability to sneak past the gate, blow up the walls, poison the wall and a few other options.

- Overhead stab - Made spears and pikes my favorite weapons to use, whereas in vanilla mb I loathed using them.

- Mercenaries - ability to hire them and buy equipment for them.

- Ability to order special items from blacksmiths.

- Duels and toasts.

- Random rumors and news in the town menu add a nice touch.

- Graphics have gotten a small boost, most notably models, textures and the lightning system.

- Troops have voices and battle cries.

- A slight ragdoll improvement - Knocking a person off the horse with your pistol and seeing him fly.

- Wagenburg

- Grenades

- Multiplayer - I'm enjoying it a lot more, although it's not balanced, it's far more fun. The maps, although few, are much more fun than in Warband.

- Let's not forget Invasion. Tons of fun if played right.

There. Notable new features. Could be more but I cannot recall at the moment. I of course am not counting the new troops/scenes/items as that is mandatory.

Remember that most of the features you wrote down were added in patches, made by Taleworlds, after the release of WFAS.
WFAS is quite good right now, but at release it was bad. Really bad, and therefore it failed at the beginning.

After Taleworlds (note: not sich) fixed all the bugs and added tons of new features it became playable and was good. Before it just was a waste of money.

lord_olafson said:
Remember that most of the features you wrote down were added in patches, made by Taleworlds, after the release of WFAS.
WFAS is quite good right now, but at release it was bad. Really bad, and therefore it failed at the beginning.

After Taleworlds (note: not sich) fixed all the bugs and added tons of new features it became playable and was good. Before it just was a waste of money.

I did not know that. I played 1.142 and bought it when it was 1.143.

If taleworlds is truly in charge - why don't they overhaul the sound system like they did with the recent warband patches. And why are campaign breaking bugs still unfixed?

Hey guys. I thought I'd explain some things about the game's development.

We got in touch with Yoshiboy early in his mod's development. We offered him working together to make this project happen. He refused as he was more interested in working independently. So we wished each other good luck and both moved on.

SiCh studio's team was changed dramatically since WFaS development so it's safe to say that Snowbird Games is the developer of the Caribbean! now.

Also it's meaningless to argue whose idea it was first. As we all know an idea's nothing worth without implementation. We could say that we had the idea of M&B in the Caribbean a long time ago in 2002 and that Yoshi is the who was inspired by it but there's no point in that really.

You could play a bandit in Warband, a pirate should not be too different. But I agree, it would be nice to see that area heavily improved (Privateering, leave no survivors to avoid being caught, and other nice piratey stuff like the Fountain of Youth).

I hope multiple people can crew the same ship in MP and that there will be some semblance of a persistent world server.

Haresus said:
You could play a bandit in Warband, a pirate should not be too different. But I agree, it would be nice to see that area heavily improved (Privateering, leave no survivors to avoid being caught, and other nice piratey stuff like the Fountain of Youth).
What is this, age of empires?

Imper1um said:
We could say that we had the idea of M&B in the Caribbean a long time ago in 2002 and that Yoshi is the who was inspired by it but there's no point in that really.
And you`d think that people would believe that you guys had an idea for an expansion for a game that had not even been released to the public yet. Afaik the earliest M&B version was released in 2004.

apsod said:
Imper1um said:
We could say that we had the idea of M&B in the Caribbean a long time ago in 2002 and that Yoshi is the who was inspired by it but there's no point in that really.
And you`d think that people would believe that you guys had an idea for an expansion for a game that had not even been released to the public yet. Afaik the earliest M&B version was released in 2004.

My point was that it doesn't matter who and when proclaims an idea.

Lets put all the hate and other things aside and talk about the game itself.To the devs, the reason people hesitate with this game is WFAS mediocre content and how easily it made players bored. Use this game to redeem yourselves and take back our feedback to make a great game.

What I want to see:
Battles:
-Multiple ships versus multiple ships
-Multiple ways to board enemy ships.
-Able to deploy small boats that you can use for transferring from ship to ship.
-Climb up the sails. :grin:
-Bots using cannons
-Ships with multiple levels
-Able to fire canons personally or give orders to broadside.
-Maybe sword in one hand and pistol in other?
-Animated flags that move with the wind

-Bring back Warband features
-Expand on marriage.
-Expand on playing as a pirate.

Ill think of more to add later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom