SP Medieval Musket Era 1578: The Battle of Alcácer Quibir

Users who are viewing this thread

Sayd Ûthman said:
Well, it is said that the moroccan army was made of local volunteers mostly and tribesmen, while sebastian was sitting at asilah. the moroccan king sent him a message saying that he went trough 16 steps and that he wanted him to cross only one step to reach him. So sebastian went out of asilah to face Abu marwan who was on his own country and lands. so it does make perfectly sense for me that Saadi outnumbered Portugal because the first did probably prepared everything and made up an army, while the portuguese didn't.

well its a theory.... u know I wonder why the ottomans never tried to reconquest spain?? ottomans in spain??? they will have certainly more money and more fame...

Sayd Ûthman said:
Well i was trying to be ironic.. doesn't work very well with me. i mean that i don't know why they didn't tried conquer both countries

lol...k... well I'll look it up.... keep the good work though

During the XVIth century, there were rumors that Ottomans planed to reconquer Spain. During the Morisco revolt in 1568-15731, there were even Turkish soldiers helping the Arabs against the Christians. But it is said that instead of reconquering Spain, the Sultan finally prefered to attack Cyprus.

:wink: - http://grafik.deviantart.com/art/THE-BATTLE-OF-ALCACER-QUIBIR-104662065

:idea: - http://www.worldhistoryplus.com/worldhistorypictures/1600-1799%201.html

1%5BPORT%5DA.jpg

I still can't find much references concerning the Portuguese army
most books dealing with Renaissance warfare concentrate more on the Spanish 
one really wonders whether the armies of both countries where similar

:idea:

picture11ss.png

picture3ls.png

picture4gy.png

picture5o.png

picture6du.png

picture7jp.png

picture8xj.png

picture9nf.png

picture10ve.png

:idea:

picture1dg.png

picture2qk.png

picture3tj.png

picture4in.png

Well, that's pretty annoying because actually, i don't have any idea on how low-tier portuguese soldiers were dressed, what did they use to fight (altough i tend to think that they used polearms obviously). so i'm kind of lost if anyone here is willing to help by providing some infos about it :razz:

Screens shouldn't happen soon, i still need to find good references, make the armors and stuff (wich should take a while), and make the troop trees, then you got your screens :mrgreen:

A picture of a moroccan "Khiyyal" (horseman) holding a lance and an adarga shield (thank's to al_mansur) i'd like to know what do you think about that texture

Sayd Ûthman said:
A picture of a moroccan "Khiyyal" (horseman) holding a lance and an adarga shield (thank's to al_mansur) i'd like to know what do you think about that texture

cool... but dont u think the shields are too big??

Sayd Ûthman said:

Can you take a better screenshot, it's kinda in the shadow now and too far in order to say anything.

Sayd Ûthman said:
I don't know , maybe try to scale them down a bit, references showing their sizes are rare you know ?

I completely understand, and I appriciate the work..... however I just think that these shields are not practical during that era where gunpowder became popular and shields became less. It is entirely up to you though

Back
Top Bottom