zwischenablage04wh5.jpg

even the Spanish carried them all the way to the Americas

17a04d18ec9f.jpg

picture19l.png

picture21qz.png

picture16o.png

Harith said:
Sayd Ûthman said:
I don't know , maybe try to scale them down a bit, references showing their sizes are rare you know ?

I completely understand, and I appriciate the work..... however I just think that these shields are not practical during that era where gunpowder became popular and shields became less. It is entirely up to you though
It has nothing to do with gunpowder, adarga was light and protected against lance, sword, arrow, javelins etc, firearms didn't replace all other weapons at once (melee fights were still important).  Spanish light troops used adargas even in 18th century,  in New Mexico the adarga was still carried by the soldados de cuera through the 18th century and possibly into the 19th.

18th century examples:
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
172005.jpg
Palace of Governors in Santa Fe
attachment.php

About size reference, some 15th century paintings:
jaume-i-10.jpg

jaume-i-9.jpg

Thank's guys for those pictures, i've been away lately and had not any occasion to mod or play the game. also real life is taking all my time away and i have way too much work to afford modding. so i guess i'll be doing small to no progress until the holidays. i hope they dont' release mount and blade 2 till then :razz:

Hi if you making portuguese infantry plz it is probably very hard to do but if you cold creat dual wepons (one on each hand) the portuguese used thys alot it was super efective in the siege of diu agaist indian,turkish enemis they use a smal portuguese daga on the left hand and a rapier on the right hand,the daga could block the enemi scimitar or they could luch a direct atck whit the daga as muslims carried litle shields the daga can go pass from any position,unfortonaly i have look all in the internet and i can't find any dual wolding soldier, i have an image but only in my portuguese book,whit this fighting style there was a scene in the siege of diu where portuguese where outnumered 5 agaist 500 turkish and indian they  where defanding a wall that was destroied,and only 5 soldiers cold stand in that pass at a time,so the portuguese killed 300 and 200 routed that shows how the scimitar is inafectif agais dual welding. if some one could post an image of a dual welding portuguese,after Lisbon tzunami many portuguese docomantation was lost,is incredable hard to find portuguese military stuf.

Thanks for your efort thys mod wil be nice.

OgrE_LusT said:
Hi if you making portuguese infantry plz it is probably very hard to do but if you cold creat dual wepons (one on each hand) the portuguese used thys alot it was super efective in the siege of diu agaist indian,turkish enemis they use a smal portuguese daga on the left hand and a rapier on the right hand,the daga could block the enemi scimitar or they could luch a direct atck whit the daga as muslims carried litle shields the daga can go pass from any position,unfortonaly i have look all in the internet and i can't find any dual wolding soldier, i have an image but only in my portuguese book,whit this fighting style there was a scene in the siege of diu where portuguese where outnumered 5 agaist 500 turkish and indian they  where defanding a wall that was destroied,and only 5 soldiers cold stand in that pass at a time,so the portuguese killed 300 and 200 routed that shows how the scimitar is inafectif agais dual welding. if some one could post an image of a dual welding portuguese,after Lisbon tzunami many portuguese docomantation was lost,is incredable hard to find portuguese military stuf.

Thanks for your efort thys mod wil be nice.

why would in the world an indian live in spain when it was muslim???

and i bet u anything that 500 vs 5 is just a dream u had last night from too much M&B lol...

plus dual weilding in M&B is possible but it is not like what u imagine it. Basically, the dagger would be just like a sheild and u cant attack with it.

I dont want to sound mean... but the fact that u said " an army of Indian and Turkish" and a battle in portugal when iberia was muslim, so 1100 or so, made ur entire paragraph seem wrong.

Yes Yes at last some one as a brain here! yes it is,portugal was in a golden age portugal was the first to be caled (the sun never sets on us),Diu is in India!!!and at that time Diu was a huge city even biger then Lisbon,and it was never conquered,even whit indian and turkhis allyances,it was yes conquered in the 70's,plz read about Diu batles and you will be surprised thats nothing, Also 2 portuguese galleys beted 15 turkhis war galleys xD learn history.

OgrE_LusT said:
Yes Yes at last some one as a brain here! yes it is,portugal was in a golden age portugal was the first to be caled (the sun never sets on us),Diu is in India!!!and at that time Diu was a huge city even biger then Lisbon,and it was never conquered,even whit indian and turkhis allyances,it was yes conquered in the 70's,plz read about Diu batles and you will be surprised thats nothing, Also 2 portuguese galleys beted 15 turkhis war galleys xD learn history.
RIGHT.

Don't. Say. Dual-wielding.
I'm not an idiot;
And I have yet to find any acceptable proof that the daga (or whatever you call it) was used widely enough to earn a place in this mod.

OgrE_LusT said:

then why didnt u just say portugal instead of spain?? and why didnt u say a joint ottoman and indian fleet??? beside even at that time.... the ottoman empire was more powerful than portugal.... unless ur talking about 19th century...

also... please dont insult us just because u dont know how to explain, provide facts, comprehend, structure sentences and use proper grammer...

omg i don't insult people from is nationalaty,if so is only histirical acurate things.

Is true that the portuguese soldiers at defending sieges in India,they fought dual wielding cause it was better,also i supose the aventureiros pike trop that fought at the batle of Alcacer Quibir,din't carry any shield so when the pike broke,they used a daga and a portuguese sword( i am sorry if portuguese where so badass).

And to perform Daga and portuguese sword combo (not a rapier) toked years of training.

The portuguese army cosisted on solide pikeman(created at the batle of Aljubarota by Nuno Alvares Perreira,inspired on Alexander the Great pike formations)

Then they ad fine cavalery,very fast and mobile,that where famous in the reconquista,Also we now that in 1536 May  the 8  (120vs 50.000),check the batle of the island of Molucas near Australia,portuguese cav where very powerfull as well.

ALso we ad efective arqbusiers,but indeed in that batle of Alcacer Quibir they were not so efective agaist bows.the portuguese failure was the trust of gun power,and never the use of a bow.

OgrE_LusT said:
omg i don't insult people from is nationalaty,if so is only histirical acurate things.

Is true that the portuguese soldiers at defending sieges in India,they fought dual wielding cause it was better,also i supose the aventureiros pike trop that fought at the batle of Alcacer Quibir,din't carry any shield so when the pike broke,they used a daga and a portuguese sword( i am sorry if portuguese where so badass).

And to perform Daga and portuguese sword combo (not a rapier) toked years of training.

The portuguese army cosisted on solide pikeman(created at the batle of Aljubarota by Nuno Alvares Perreira,inspired on Alexander the Great pike formations)

Then they ad fine cavalery,very fast and mobile,that where famous in the reconquista,Also we now that in 1536 May  the 8  (120vs 50.000),check the batle of the island of Molucas near Australia,portuguese cav where very powerfull as well.

ALso we ad efective arqbusiers,but indeed in that batle of Alcacer Quibir they were not so efective agaist bows.the portuguese failure was the trust of gun power,and never the use of a bow.
LOL :grin:

Sorry dude, but all your theories are based on some Siege of Diu legends (dual-wielding soldiers, arquebusiers firing with own teeth, 5 men holding against 500 etc).

Some Siege of Diu drawings:
picture.php

prevost.jpg

Waldzios said:
OgrE_LusT said:

LOL :grin:

Sorry dude, but all your theories are based on some Siege of Diu legends (dual-wielding soldiers, arquebusiers firing with own teeth, 5 men holding against 500 etc).

Some Siege of Diu drawings:
picture.php

prevost.jpg

man u cant even do that in M&B... lol.. believe me.. I tried

Back
Top Bottom