picture12m.png

picture13e.png

picture5tbu.png

picture6fe.png

picture7ht.png

picture8di.png

picture9og.png

picture10sxa.png

haha! I actually have that book. It's REALLY awesome. It has so much stuff in it.

And yea...SiCh and TaleWorlds have an agreement. Caba'drin has made a few posts about it. Your mod will get pulled if uses any item, model or texture from WFaS.

<3

CR

Should the cavalry be shielded ? i always tought shields lost their effectiveness during that period due to firearms, anyway i spent this morning working and tweaking the recruiting scripts, and i managed to make what waldzios suggested a few posts ago. there is still a problem with the wrong price displayed (way too much) but it should be easy to fix.

Sayd Ûthman said:
Should the cavalry be shielded ? i always tought shields lost their effectiveness during that period due to firearms
In that period firearms wasn't so effective at all (at end of 16th century musket could kill unarmored man at 30 paces, man in 'muniton-grade' armor at 20 paces, and man in 'shot-proof' armor at 10paces) , so shield from distance over 20 paces (26m) was some protection.
Plus for lightly armored or unarmored troops shield was still good protection against bows used commonly by light cavalry (especially in eastern and southern europe) .

I agree, but it's rare to find armored portuguese guys on the reference pictures while it seems to have been common for moroccan and very common for subsaharan people.

Also, next thing to do in case someone wants to know, will be to remake the character creation from the beggining, i'm planning on adding a lot of new Role playing possibilities hopefully

Thank's for the infos swordyke, moroccans in fact did outnumbered the portuguese greatly, but those last got better gear and artillery. however without portugal's retreat i think morocco would have lost that battle

It look awesome mate.

@ Swordyke, the French wiki page of the battle says that Moroccans were 55 000 whereas the Portugueses were 43 000. The Spanish page claims 40 000 against 23 000 and the English one 120 000 against 24 000.. It is funny to see so huge differences.

Al_Mansur said:
It look awesome mate.

@ Swordyke, the French wiki page of the battle says that Moroccans were 55 000 whereas the Portugueses were 43 000. The Spanish page claims 40 000 against 23 000 and the English one 120 000 against 24 000.. It is funny to see so huge differences.

That's why I'm not trying to use wiki's as sources :smile: I found a site from an university, so that looks rather more... yeah... true  :lol:

I'm just guessing using logic.... So if Islam was founded just 80 years ago or sumthin.. I guessing not many embraced it and even if they did then they were all undeveloped Berber men and Arab warriors from the peninsula..., I doubt that an army of 100k existed at that time especially in that region which it most prolly was scarcely populated... Therefore the armies Of the visgoth should be more professional in terms of ubiform and equipment however inferior in zeal, displine and tactics...

Sayd Ûthman said:
I think you misread 1578 into 578 :neutral:

lol sorry... was postin from my iphone haha.... we had PE and I worked my butt off in the circuit training (150%.. had the highest reps in the class) so my brain aint functionin....

but anyway.... I still think the Portuguese weren't outnumbered at all... it was a good balance of force 40k vs 40k with a + or - 5k to either side

Well, it is said that the moroccan army was made of local volunteers mostly and tribesmen, while sebastian was sitting at asilah. the moroccan king sent him a message saying that he went trough 16 steps and that he wanted him to cross only one step to reach him. So sebastian went out of asilah to face Abu marwan who was on his own country and lands. so it does make perfectly sense for me that Saadi outnumbered Portugal because the first did probably prepared everything and made up an army, while the portuguese didn't.

Back
Top Bottom