Team Deathmatch ? ... bringing magic back to PW

Are you on Red or Green side of the mod?

• Red (team deathmatch)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Green (RP controlled game))

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • I do not agree with such a point of view

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
Hit that before you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lAimahkYKw&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL87AD76A0B4E4C1DD  :wink:

How much I like RP elements in game I have to say that RP in big populated server should be precisely that: "elements". If administration of server force RP in v4 it ends up with "boring" server fully controlled by instructions(rules) what you can and what you can not do. I am known from fighting with rules made outside of game. I am great supporter of rules "in game" as well as all which could be provide by game/mod mechanics.

I see endless struggle, over the years, beatwen creators of PW and "leaders" of PW community. Both creators (Laszlo/Vornne) said in number of occasion: THIS MOD IS NOT RP MOD. THIS IS TEAM DEATHMATCH/FREE PLAY MOD. "Leaders" reply: we do not care as we see great RP potential in it.

Just to summon briefly our journey:

1."Laszlo MOD"(v1-v3) - total freedom
"1 Map
No 'rounds'
No 'teams'
No rules"

..this was great idea :grin:
It was in contrast to NATIVE multiplier servers.It was a HIT!

it work great (personal opinion) under 22nd but...

RCC said: RP and rules..and more rules...and more rules...
it was great success!!!
they killed 22nd as the community loved RP and hate "random" fight they had in NATIVE anyway.

I did try to bring "no rules" (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155940.msg3748552.html#msg3748552) back...I failed :cry:

2.PW WAR - Laszo attempt to get PW back on team deathmatch ways...Shame it did not work out but it would be great to try it again (If Laszlo would be back)

3."Vornne MOD" (respectively)
I know that Vornne create mod in the same time than Laszlo. Numbers summit just how it comes to the player like my self

To show the main differences I quote Laszlo and modify:

"1 Map              - same
No 'rounds'        - EXTANDED!!! to week or even month of play
No 'teams'          - CHANGED!!! - there are mod base team..still flexible enough
No rules"            - small change as teamkill is punished
- never used to full potential by any server

EVERY SERVER RESPOND:
RP and more/less RULES

-------------------------------------------------/--------------------------------------------------

There you have it :roll:

I like to see PW back to basics.

My definition:

PW is great Team Deathmatch Mod with enough time to do RP elements.

My suggestions:

1.Map should have fully independent areas for each team:
..something like this with few modifications: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184880.msg4427152.html#msg4427152
So you can play entire game in your team area if you want to and you will find your self in hostile territory if you wish to leave it.

2.Admins should focus on players who destroy game instead of punish ppl for having fun

3.Generally: back to basic = what is that mod about and care more about fluency than control.

-------------------------------------

"In medieval times nobody would listen to your cries"

sir Red de Mon

mb3-2-1-1.jpg

[top right: Lion of Ancient Red Kingdom/ bottom right: Cross Templar/ left: Dragon of House de Mon with the up side down crown as the symbol of vassalage to the King Leroy and Queen Azrayel]

PS. Can somebody make a knightly shield from this. Please  :wink:

Oh my gosh  :roll:

simple minds...

I want PW to be normal M&B mod again not dominated by RP fanatics.

Do not get me wrong RP ia good addition to it but..addition is key word :wink:

I know it is quite a reading but I hope it is readable..so spend some time on it before post..pls

other key words: past /presence/future,mod,server,deathmatch,team deathmatch,RP, RP server and so on...
(google it or search forum to find some understanding)

damn new generation :wink:

PS..If this not help can I ask some of the old friends (like Splintert) to explain NOVICIUS to public  :lol:

NOVICIUS said:
Oh my gosh  :roll:

simple minds...

I want PW to be normal M&B mod again not dominated by RP fanatics.

Do not get me wrong RP ia good addition to it but..addition is key word :wink:

I know it is quite a reading but I hope it is readable..so spend some time on it before post..pls

other key words: past /presence/future,mod,server,deathmatch,team deathmatch,RP, RP server and so on...
(google it or search forum to find some understanding)

damn new generation :wink:

PS..If this not help can I ask some of the old friends (like Splintert) to explain NOVICIUS to public  :lol:

Sooo you want it to be more like SF tardish style?  Harr i just woke up so harrr

People would probably realize that it is more fun to play Native, where they don't have to work and go there

RP is what keeps this mod alive, because otherwise, well, it would be boring

I don't see the point of a discussion here. The thing is that it's not players who says rules but Server owner. If i take the exemple of Eu_Pw_Server, owned by Aldric, he said "RP game" in here with rules, no team deathmatch only.

If you don't like that you can create a server, using PW mod but with no rules at all => team deathmatch. And at the end players will be able to choose between versions, RP or not. No need of a map splitted in 2 with one RP team and another Teamdeath match team. Just 2 servers are enough.

And if you can't create a server well... I don't think you can told other Server's owner to do what you want, it's their server basically....

Nov can create one he did it before but yeah all you need is one with RP and one without,

but in my opinion a mix is better since everyone has different reason's to play the mod.

95th_Daniel_Hagman said:
but in my opinion a mix is better since everyone has different reason's to play the mod.
As experienced leader I can say: Every roleplaying Lord/Lady has their expandable but bloodthirsty less-to-none roleplayers amongst the ranks if needed :wink:

foxcola55 said:
EU did this earlier in year for a day, and it was AMAZIN'!!
I personally called it a sadistic social darwinistic experiment, but managed to be high ranked in TW and funded heavily so it was fine by my character as she didnt suffer under the fact anybody attacked everybody not in his TS.
(RIP poor guys that havent been in any TS)

He wants rules that broadly govern what players are allowed to do, everything else is up to your ability as a leader or soldier to play the role of being a leader or a soldier. Instead of "you must do this before this" it's more like "Don't kill randomly" and "No cheating".

A good example is the first remake of RCC rules (long time ago):

1. No randoming.
2. No glitching/cheating.
3. Role play.

It doesn't tell people what to do, but tells them what they can't. (role play was far too broad to be enforced by punishments.)

Open rules just ends in the server getting filled with complete douchebags.

Do i have to remind you that a very strong contributing factor to RCC dying was the failure to deal with the Manhunters, because they didn't break any of the "relaxed" rules.

the relaxed rules sound very nice,  and ideally should be more than enough for a great server,  but what it doesn't take in to account is the internet's natural propensity for trolling and douchebags that like to follow the letter of the law but not the spirit. 

as in all things:  people are the problem.

Splintert had a nice rule suggestion/Principle on RCCs second server (forgot its name)

"We don't judge as much on what you do, more HOW you do it"

That was one i liked from the first time i saw it. Unfortunately, the server never really caught fire.

Yeah, that was my favorite 'rule' too.

There were a considerable number of logistical problems, crashing, and DDoS attacks that led to the abandonment of the project. I enjoyed it while it lasted, though.

If somebody would put up a free play server, I would get on, of course all the serfs would need lords to protect them and not the admins :twisted: so even  though there would be less RP, there would sorta be more RP :???:

RCC said: RP and rules..and more rules...and more rules...
it was great success!!!
they killed 22nd as the community loved RP and hate "random" fight they had in NATIVE anyway.

Wrong. 22nd died because Vinc get bored of constant "admin abuse" whining/accusation (I won't judge whenever they were false or not), not because players decide that RCC is better. Then after he shut down 22nd , RCC became new most populated serv. 22nd shut-down was reason of RCC success, not consequence.

Back
Top Bottom