Horse HP

Users who are viewing this thread

Calade

Recruit
You never know the HP of your horse. So, it should show how much HP does the horse have when looking it in your inventory, and if you are on a horse in battle, it should show the horse's HP below the charather's.

One that some don't like...

"Hello, Mr. Ed, think you're up for another run?"

"Am afraid not, old friend, I only have 7 HP left, I think it'd be best if you dismounted me and went on foot. Wouldn't want me killed, now would you?"

Ugh...horrible...

Skyrage said:
One that some don't like...

"Am afraid not, old friend, I only have 7 HP left, I think it'd be best if you dismounted me and went on foot. Wouldn't want me killed, now would you?"

Ugh...horrible...

You could tell if your horse is hurt or not, from the way it moves, and cuts&bruises are a good sign also. but since these aren't going to be implemented, You should have the HP value showing. It should be toggleable, since there are those who seem to believe that you can't tell whether the horse is fresh and unhurt or taking it's last few breaths.

Skyrage said:

But I suppose you thinking to yourself, "Good thing I put that point into ironflesh since that arrow hit me 50 damage and left me with 3 hp!" is a much more realistic statement?

No, I am in favor in knowing my horse's health at some point, such as in the inventory listed with their other stats. You don't really need to know on the battlefield since you can't see everyone's health but, you can view your troops to know their max health so why not your horse?

Skyrage said:

Ugh...horrible...

And yet, you not only know exactly how much health you have but can also see how close you are to dropping your shield to a fraction of a percent.

Yeah true. They should make it so that you cant see your health (in numbers). Let's get rid of the whole HUD shall we? Or replace the current hud with non-numberic signs, like red human figure = you are about to die, your intestines are falling out from the cut you have in your stomach and you can barely think, for only the half of your brains remains intact.

This is one of the issues the Valandil (the hl2 mediaeval mod i'm always mentioning because it's going to end up similar to this but multiplayer) team have discussed. They aren't going to use any HUD at all. If you want to see how many arrows you have left, just look at your belt. You can tell how hurt you are, by how much throbbing there is onscreen, how much your vision blurs, and how often you cough up blood.
Stamina is gauged by how loudly you are panting.

(yes i know i'm beginning to sound like a broken record.)

There are obvious reasons why YOU have your own HP display, but I wouldn't mind having this replaced with a rougher indicator (green, yellow red)...

And also that's as far as I'd wanna go for any horse health indicator or any kind of indicator for that matter...

It will kill a lot of the game if players were to know exactly how much HP a horse had left...it only encourages chicken crap kind of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom