New add-on announced

Users who are viewing this thread

Trueten

Section Moderator
I've recently found an article in russian, but here's a quick translation in english (thanks to captain lust btw) about a new SiCh studio (the one that developed WFaS) project.

The new M&B add-on is called To the Caribbeans! (it's a word-by-word translation from russian, the english version will probably have a different name... or not. God knows).

Judging from project's name and knowing that it'll be based on Rafael Sabatini's book(s) I think it's already clear that the main theme of this add-on will be Pirates in the Caribbean islands. Note, that there won't be any 'Jack Sparrows' or skeletons - the add-on will be historically accurate, and will take place in  XVIIth century (1650, to be precise).

A quote from the article:
"In this game we will be allowed to visit the famous islands of Tortuga, Cuba, Santa Cruz and the other not less known places to get hold of gold and fame, becoming a merchant, pirate or politician."

First preview - through google translate.

If it's true then YES!!!! Will be awesome to have professionally done ship combat in a M&B :smile:

Actually I think in cheat mode in M&B and Warband, there are two teasers:

Getting the gun in the backfiles (WFaS), and the ability to sail on a ship from Tihr (M&B2).

:grin: GREAT FIND!!

I'm not too enthusiastic about WFaS, so I hope this one will be better  :smile:

It will be interesting to see:

1. How sea battles will be developed.

2. How many ppl will start out with the name 'Jack_Sparrow'.

I thought about that too, but there's no word about Yoshiboy. I thought that he finally succeeded commercializing his mod, but he did say he failed... It could be that SiCh studio simply took his idea and may be even something more.

WFaS wasnt bad but the player base just wasnt the same. It would have been a great mod but honestly they did not change the much from Warband except the models. There just wasnt anything game changing.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WONT BE THE M&B2 WE HAVE BEEN HYPED ABOUT!

I already announced this news on my Turkish M&B 2 platform thanks to you trueten. Good news indeed, i guess now we are expecting 2 differents project going-on related to Taleworlds which is clearly one of them is M&B 2 and this. (or not?)

I'd hope Yoshi was involved, because it'd be sorta dickish to totally ignore his requests to make a game out of Pirates & Fishmod and instead copy his idea and make their own game.

Thats games development for you, if you have a good, origional idea for a game that is not copyrighted, it will probably be stolen.

The more interesting thing is that they are using the same freaky ****ed up engine which they used in M&B. I am really trying to understand its why...

Back
Top Bottom