The "Name the Reasons You Don't Want to Play this Mod" thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Azrayel said:
Admins.

This is the Wild West; you need to remove as many rules as possible or people interested will become uninterested quickly and go back to PW mod (which is what they all did, so you might want to get on those servers and ask around in local).
I assume you are not talking about ones about randoming, etc?

admins were assholes
like PW admins a few months after it released they firmly believe that under no circumstances is Conflict == Roleplay

roleplay is like two or more people writing a book together
who the **** would read a book with no conflict in it?

unlike PW mod this had no actual 'conflict' between factions as there were no factions
(lets face it roleplaying is just a way to explain why we are killing eachother)

and also roleplaying without conflict is the same as a little girl having a tea party with her stuffed animals. 

General Awesome said:
Azrayel said:
Admins.

This is the Wild West; you need to remove as many rules as possible or people interested will become uninterested quickly and go back to PW mod (which is what they all did, so you might want to get on those servers and ask around in local).
Randoming happened, and still happens, in real life.  If someone starts randoming, then rp that they have gone insane or something like that.  In real life if someone started killing everyone, the law and/or the local population would hunt down the criminal.

I say remove all rules but rules against trolling and hacking or glitching.

It would be total chaos at some times, but then people have to work together to make a civilized place. 
I'm not encouraging randoming, I'm saying we should allow it.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Feretal said:
General Awesome said:
Azrayel said:
Admins.

Randoming happened, and still happens, in real life.  If someone starts randoming, then rp that they have gone insane or something like that.  In real life if someone started killing everyone, the law and/or the local population would hunt down the criminal.

I say remove all rules but rules against trolling and hacking or glitching.

It would be total chaos at some times, but then people have to work together to make a civilized place. 
I'm not encouraging randoming, I'm saying we should allow it.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

I think this is wrong. This would allow trolls to plead NGRI and say that it's because of their "mental condition." If insanity is allowed as an RP excuse, then it must be RPed. This I agree with. But, is it likely to be played without mischievous intentions? I think that this would almost certainly require an increase in admins and admin coverage, just to make that the insane character is RPing correctly.
But anyway, I think should be no randoming, as it is now.

No randoming!?! If you want rp a guy shot another for "thinking" that he was cheating...If thats not randoming I dont know what is...

Not exactly like PW!!
for example l  don't like that you need money to join a faction,
or generally you need money to do anything :wink: :wink:

maybe have one already premade town and then people can build off of those structures making more of a city of sorts

I actually liked the mod and I think its promising. My suggestions are:

1. Players need to watch their asses. The law doesn't exist, they need to build to get powerful and protect themselves. Players should start without weaponry and weapons should be by far the hardest things to make. If it works like I'm hoping then players who log on will want to get under the protection of some other players who've already been on a while and can protect them. The idea is that it would hopefully actually help teamwork out a bit.

2. Add more props. I made some pretty cool stuff, but theres alot missing that would make it more interesting to build an old western town.

3. Build the mod with this in mind; we are building to advance and become better than one another. If by building things people could get some much more powerful weaponry then people would do so. The end game is always the same, we want to kill each other. So the best way to build this sort of mod is by making building = power. From what I've seen the difference between the best and the worst weapons isn't large enough. Hell if you could make a script that makes ****ty guns have a chance to blow up in your face upon being fired that'd be cool lol.

General Awesome said:
Because even though all the major bugs are fixed people still aren't playing since people stopped checking the forums and we need to post a thread saying "come back ppls da mod is fixedz dude" in caps and sticky it
This is the problem with many mods! They realese it to early and people see the bugs and they say i dont want to play anymore. Then they stop checking on the mod because they dont like it. For most mods people shouldnt even make a beta until you know its close to finishing.

But my suggestion is it just takes to god damn long to do anything. People dont have as much time as it takes to get into the mod. Unlike PW were its pretty easy to get started and get into it.

I think its ok as it is actually! It is true we need more props and maybe prebuilt cities even.
But what i think is the biggest problem is rdming and i think the main reason for that are the classes spawning with a weapon!
It is just way too easy to just quickly join and troll a bit. In PW they dont have that problem cuz every derp randomer has to put some effort into getting equipment, to be able to actually kill some1 that is not a peasant. If we didnt have armed starting classes any potential randomer would be forced to either rp with some1 to get a gun or he would have to make one itself (which would take some time and is not likely to happen too often since trolls dont like actual playing).

The only real problem is without weps it is a bit harder to get food, but i think that could be solved by adding a new way of getting food maybe berries or sth like that. (maybe a limited amount being spawnable by farmers or sth) Until some1 has made a gun or a saber.

Well i guess thats how its gonna be until we have a good playerbase .

I also think we need a way to save really good constructions. Atm whenever some1 builds something good it takes ages and when he leaves it normally gets griefed or the server resets cuz of too much derp props making it lag.
Another way would be to have construction sets, like a prebuild saloon that can be placed as a some kind of grid and ppl have to add the resources to the construction site until it actually appears.

The Bowman said:
marios95 said:
sinofchaos said:
Pre Made towns would force people to rp more instead of building crappy **** for hours.....

i agree

Me too, as I said on another thread, a PW-like version can revive this mod.
I don't want the mod to be revived if it's not something I want to play.

sinofchaos said:
Pre Made towns would force people to rp more instead of building crappy **** for hours.....
Ah, so you want to remove the only thing that could make the mod interesting and replace it with boredom.

Shredzorz said:
The Bowman said:
marios95 said:
sinofchaos said:

i agree

Me too, as I said on another thread, a PW-like version can revive this mod.
I don't want the mod to be revived if it's not something I want to play.

sinofchaos said:
Ah, so you want to remove the only thing that could make the mod interesting and replace it with boredom.

I agree the building and resource gathering is the best feature of this mod, we just need some way to save our best constructions so we don't lose them when the server restarts. Loading a saved structure wouldn't be free though, you'd have to gather all the resources it took you to build it the first time and drop them in a special container, when all the required resources are inside the container, your saved structure appears.

Back
Top Bottom