The "Name the Reasons You Don't Want to Play this Mod" thread

Users who are viewing this thread

So post in this thread all the reasons why you think The Wild Wind sucks. It's like the suggestions thread, but more mean-spirited.

Extra points if you can make me cry. :razz:

THIS MOD GETS DULL WAY TO QUICKLY. "AOFI FAILED HORRIBLY, THIS WAS JUST FOLLOW UP OF AOFI!"

- I enjoyed the mod while it lasted tho. :smile: Don't get me wrong you make decent mods, but player base isn't grand as it is in other mods.

Because even though all the major bugs are fixed people still aren't playing since people stopped checking the forums and we need to post a thread saying "come back ppls da mod is fixedz dude" in caps and sticky it

i liked the war veteran class but half the admins i encountered were(in my opinion) trolls and didnt even do their job as well as broke their own rules, when you went to fight back theyd ban u, so after awhile i just asked whats the point

**** admins and IMO building was a long and gruelling process that got boring pretty fast, especially when someone comes along and snipes you from half way across the map for no reason.

Personally I enjoyed it most in freebuild mode, where you could quickly and easily establish a fortress and take things from there.

The mod itself is great, but most of the times theres nobody on the server.

When there are about 5 people on the server, I really enjoy playing. I guess when its a bit more like PW, with factions / ships / shops . . it might be much more attractive.

I felt clueless and it doesnt have the "direction" Persistent World has. You can't really join factions and the law isnt really there at all. You should enforce people to play together, plus the ability to make factions and spawns points.

It's all this really lacks. Otherwise it's awesome. It's just when you get into to this it's like a huge playground where people don't talk and get bored after 5 mins and start shooting eachother.

There should be a "premade" starting city. With a law enforcement that would grant members of it LOTS of money so people would actually join.

This mod right now is just too dependent on the community being angles in terms of playing by "unoffical" rules.

I liked it but people were not willing to work together and admins did **** and alot of people are waiting for new building materials instead of just walls and beds.

bad admins + randomers
Also the mod itself depend too much on people cooperation which is total ****. You cant enforce 12y old kids to cooperate.
I would suggest to build default city with shops like in PW. Plus delete default weapons given to people

If you would be able to cooperate with Persistent World mod makers and make it more attractive for people to come and roleplay that would be good. For instance there is no gold purse dropping. Also the lack of stuff that hasn't been developed is also an evidence that people dislike to play alpha stage mods. So my advice would be to start patching the mod and add more stuff to build and forge. Meaning more items and material.

Also if you compare your previous mod AoFI with mm you can find that mm had some good resources: common TS, administrated servers and constant player base which were the 22nd. Now if you wanna make this mod popular you could also think in competitive ways. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this mod was Half Life 2 the fort building mod, which then played CTF. So you can either develop the game towards roleplay meaning you need to develop factions or into competition. However once you think the mod is ready start an event to promote it.

Lack of building props and some kind of annoying bugs that made working together with other players hard. But those are mostly fixed now. Once more props are added I plan to start playing a lot more frequently.

Also, kinda on an admin/Warband break atm.

Admins.

This is the Wild West; you need to remove as many rules as possible or people interested will become uninterested quickly and go back to PW mod (which is what they all did, so you might want to get on those servers and ask around in local).

Back
Top Bottom