Vikingr clans

Users who are viewing this thread

Moeckerkalfie

If it is your wish to found a clan for Vikingr, or just create a thread for an existing one here, this sub-board is the right place.

For those who are new to the game and community there are a few things you should be aware of:

First of all this mod is a historical one, and our community wishes to keep the atmosphere accordingly, so please try to keep to the general period (ca. 1000 AD). If you are in search of suitable names for your members you can always take the Vikingr naming thread as an orientation.

Claims to an "absolute" clan are frowned upon, and the historical leaders positions should be saved for events, so that instead of declaring your clan being an entire faction, with yourself the king, you should rather take a more moderate and humble background, like an earl, chieftain or higher nobleman leading a household, tribe or even just bloodthirsty rabble.

As a clan you are generally permitted to take part in the big events as one host under your own banner. To be granted your own banner you are expected to have at least five members in your clan, a thread in this sub-board and a design that you request in the banner request thread.

map of the known world, as drawn by poor smiley

Hey:smile: i would like to start a clan, but we are not people enough. is there any places where i can post a "hiring" request?

Well this is certainly the right place for it  :smile:
Maybe you could already create a thread for your to-be clan and outline what faction and background it has. Feel free to add a *recruiting* to the thread title if you want. Most players though will notice if you play the game with the clan tag, so your best bet is agreeing on a name and using the tag already. If people see you playing and would like to join they can look at the thread here and get an idea of what you aim for.

How many people have mentioned interest in it yet? Because once you have five members you can request a custom banner to be implemented in the next patch. And if it turns out only few people would like to join and you won't get an entire group together you can always consider joining one of the already existing clans. In any case I wish you good luck!

Yes a new thread in the "Vikingr Clans" board should be the best thing, of course you can also create pages on steam and whatever you can think of too, as long as people find it  :smile:

Reinhard of Jordanes Now Recruiting

Head on over to our thread and post an application form: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,201093.0.html

Signed, RoJ_Jarl_Laaama

You don't need a license but simply asking should be enough  :smile:

Basically I wouldn't reject if you want to host one, but you have to consider that the player base is quite small, and servers are quite expensive. If you scan the list of servers that we have right now you will see that there is four of which only one is constantly populated (the Fyrningum). If you deicide to host your own on which you spend 20€ or more a month it will most likely be in vain, since theres just not enough players to populate it and it will stay empty.

So I would recommend that you rather not waste your money on an empty server. But if you want to do something productive you could contact those running the existing servers and offer helping them out with the payments maybe. But if that is not what you want to do either you could think about doing more "content" stuff, that will also be less expensive for you.
If I recall correctly you wanted to found your own clan, did you find any members yet? I have to admit that I can not find the link you posted anymore  :???:

Maybe you could try giving your clan more of a background, first of all making it more easy to find and creating a thread on this board for it. To attract members it is far more important to have a visible, open and interesting profile. You will see that many new clans have been founded, but its difficult to get an idea of any of what their goals and ideals are.
So you should find a reason why people should join your clan, of all the existing ones.

The four "main" clans have something like an image already, LF is one of the oldest with a lot of atmospheric historical background (although things are a bit messy right now with many of the old members having left a while ago). The Fyrningas have a very pronounced background as well, and the Vikingar have been playing many fun matches and events with both of us, with a very well-connected base of members. Fenrisbarn has only just started to exist, but their members have been playing for long as well and found a suitable way of playing they all like and share.

So instead of spending money on a server that might end up useless I would rather recommend that you try to work on your image and profile, to give people an idea of what your clan stands for, and a reason to join it. In the beginning it might be frustrating since only few people will be willing to join you, but if you have a proper appearance and representation here you might get a few followers that agree with you on what you want to achieve with your clan, and with the event and possible follow-ups it should be quite tempting to be part of an organized war-host.  :smile:

I recommend asking Erics Vargar if they would accept you, for all I know they are all from germany. But they are not very active on the forums, so maybe you should send a PM or write in game if you see one of them..

Brandis said:
any active norman clans? i want to join one :smile:

Nope, for some reason we only have Vikingr and 2 Engle clans. About time we got an active Norman clan though. (same for a Rus one actually)

Hm that is a very eager plan indeed  :eek:

But I think it would not be very reasonable to revive a clan if none of the original members are part of it anymore. Another thing is that over the last weeks many new clans have been founded, and if you decide to found a new clan on your own you will have difficulties to find any members for it. So I would rather recommend that you try to find some people that agree with your idea before starting anything. If you are frensh-speaking yourself you might very well try asking some of the people from the linked thread, but if not you could just see if there are people on the public servers that you think would be nice to have in a clan and suggest joining forces.

I would really like a rus clan to play vikingr in, it is my best faction when im playing on a server

also i was wondering does vikingr do clan matches? i know you sometimes do events and have taken part in a couple but i think clan matches would really get people involved a bit more.

its how MM took off really, native clans started doing clan matches in mm then they had waterloo
huge succes! and now it one of the most populated mods out there; i should know i was there from the start  :razz:.

for now it is like one clan match for all day every day )) Fyrningas and FenrisBarn :wink:

but we gona have many clan matches when the map and rules for clan fighting would be done.

i hope so...

Back
Top Bottom