Vikingr clan purge

Users who are viewing this thread

Moeckerkalfie

I would like to clean this sub-board out a bit, for we actually have only a hand full of clans in Vikingr that I would expect to muster enough people for an event right now. I remember that Eirikur planned to do this a few months ago and got critizised for it, but I am determined to do it after all, because we have 32 threads here now, with only three of them active for all I know. I hope that cleaning up this mess might actually allow new clans a better start, especially Norman and Rus themed ones.

For this reason I would like anyone who has an interest in keeping the current threads from being removed posting about it here. I know that Vikingar, the Fyrningas and LF are still functional, but for the other clans I can not say for sure. I have seen some Jomsviking playing now and then, and also a few OL members, but I see little reason to keep a thread for them if its only two people playing once a month.

So if you think your clan is likely to take part in any future events or clan matches, or you have any other reason to wish for a clans thread staying alive, just post here about it.

You have my support.

If any super inactive clan leader or member decides to whine, perhaps think of actually being active in the mod you're cluttering up with your clan thread. Nothing wrong with moving on, just don't start unnecessary arguments over this.

I will lock some of the oldest threads now, that have not been posted in for a long time. If any of the clan leaders decides he would like to have his thread open after all, just send me a PM about it.

Good initiative!

Just one thing... all those locked threads labeled "inactive" makes it look like this is a dying mod, which was deserted by the majority of it's players for some reason. This is not the case, most of those clans haven't ever been active.
It just leaves a bad impression... and I fear Vikingr is not likely to have enough active clans to push those dead ones to the second page anytime soon... :wink:

Unfortunately i can't think of a solution for this :roll:

I agree that you should remove the dead threads.

I'm from Australia and I just found out about Vikingr and when I saw the clan list I thought the game had died a death.

I know this isn't the right place to post it but I was wondering if there is a way to host a server of Vikingr or is it locked down like Mercs and c-rpg?

FRANKVONTANK said:
I agree that you should remove the dead threads.

I'm from Australia and I just found out about Vikingr and when I saw the clan list I thought the game had died a death.

I know this isn't the right place to post it but I was wondering if there is a way to host a server of Vikingr or is it locked down like Mercs and c-rpg?

You're free to do so, no problem :smile:

Just make sure you include only the Vikingr factions, which are kingdom_2, kingdom_7, kingdom_8 and kingdom_9. I will make something like a server config file or readme soon, which includes all the maps that are playable per gamemode. For now you can just take a look at the scenes.txt I guess and the admin menu.

A lot of stuff has accumulated now since the last purge, and to keep things clean so one can keep an overview I will post in all threads on clans which seem in active. If I don't get any response over the next few days the clan thread will be closed, and if theres not reaction, on the long term be removed. A simple PM to me will open it again, so those of you who don't post much should not fear for your threads  :smile:

And terribly did I ravage this subforum again, closing what appears to be inactive threads, to make this part of the forum more easy to overview. If I was mistaken with anyone, and closed a thread that just happened to be updated rarely, or if you would like to have it reopened for whatever other reason, just post here or send me a PM. All the threads for which I don't get any reaction over the next weeks will eventually be removed, as I will assume the founders have either lost interest, given up or moved on to other games.

Now it is quite long since the last purge, and there are many threads here that are closed, and some clans too which I have not seen any members of for months, or don't even know of any members.
So it is time for another purge and the first step will be to remove the concept and request threads. Also I will lock in the clan threads that I suspect are inactive or have never been active in the first place. They can easily be unlocked again by writing me a PM or posting here, but if there is no reaction and there is no real content worth to be archieved they will eventually be removed.

Back
Top Bottom