Making combat harder?

Users who are viewing this thread

-Coulum-

Recruit
I have been playing for about a month now. At the start I was really challenged by the combat even in one on one fights. Now however combat has gotten to easy. Not because of armour, or better skills/proficiencies- just because I've gotten used to the controls. By this I don't mean that I am invisible, as I die quite a lot in battle. The thing I have a problem with is the fact that I can take down up to 10 times as many enemy as my fellow soldiers. And when it comes to one on one duals or even 4 or 5 on one duals there is practically no challenge to me. I like to play relatively realistic games and being medieval Rambo is not realistic.

I play strictly on foot. I have all difficulties set to highest except for displaying experience. I've tried first person but it doesn't make fighting much harder- just makes me sick! So my question is: is there any mods to make individual combat harder. I don't want mods that make common bandits incredibly high level, or spam the map with thousands of enemies. I just want even low level enemies to give me a challenge so I'm always on my toes no matter who I'm facing and I would have to depend on tactics and my army more. I was thinking that something like a speed mod that increases the combat speed faster than fastest would give me that extra challenge. Is such a mod possible or available. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

No, I don't know of any mods that change the AI fighting abilities. Honestly, you gotta fight other humans on multiplayer. The computer can never match us in trickery and maneuvering. Try dueling other people, I promise you won't find the same predictable movements of the AI.

you mean you don't rely on your army when fighting armys of 500 men or more? you don't use auto blocking right? and as bezerkeley said, you'll find challange online

Yup, whole new challenge online including mastering new skills that I can't even describe accurately because I'm one of those who went online for an hour, tried hard, got very politely pwnd repeatedly, and decided I didn't have enough interest to get good at the new skills required.

Run-on sentence FTW

Multiplayer is great, if you have the right Internet connection for it.

In SP, try some mod perhaps if you're not content with maxed difficulty settings/large battle size. Although I must say I personally enjoy that aspect of SP - I got online if I want a realistic and hard fight, whereas i play SP when I want more "hero style" play (ok, you can get that by joining a server full of newbs in MP too, lol).

The Mod Byrtenwalda lists an "Improved AI Autoblock" in their list of credits. I don't know more than that, but you could check it out.

Are you playing with manual block on? Manual blocking added challenge for me. Of course if you are using shield, its not much difference.

I'm just going to point out that you ARE supposed to be considered somewhat of a "hero"...I don't think we remember names like "Hector of troy" and "Leonidas" because they were just as good as every other soldier on the field. I mean...I'm just saying. If you were supposed to be just like everyone else your name would be "Sarranid Skirmisher" or something of that sort.

It's not only the AI that makes you medieval Rambo, but also the relatively high stats you can achieve that regular NPC's just never have. If you play for example Native Expansion, the top tier units there have proficiencies in the 400's and skills like Power Strike and Ironflesh on 12. You definitely don't feel like Rambo anymore against those guys.

morghs editing software

allows you to load what mod (or native) you use, then can edit troop compositions so you can make ur looters vary with sea raiders forest bandits... you can make them mercenarys.. or bands of desert type compositions.

id look into it.

essentially when you download it.

go to party editor (or party template) you select the groups and then you can select up to 5 different classes into the group it exists as.

so if you choose looter, and slide the box selection into 5 selections, you can add bandits raiders bandits looters, and select how many of each in them.

you cant actually add how many groups are on the map with that one unless you do your own scripting.

but with tweak mb you can adjust a lot more different options regarding rewards and engagement conditions.

Back
Top Bottom