BUGS, CRASHES, PROBLEMS Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok thanks so much for your help man. A couple inquiries. Do the bayonets work on muskets? Kinda like in NW? Also are there balanced/chipped/masterwork versions of weapons such as swords?

Muskets with bayonets should work with pressing X for melee mode except unlike NW the overhead attack is a swing than a stab (not all muskets have swinging option with bayonet). Swords have no modifiers available in shops only few weapons like musket cartridges or bow & arrows have any modifiers.

Hey do naval battles work? Also the nobles or lords I see them on the coast just running towards a destination across the sea. Is there anyway to fix that or are they forever stationed on their island?

I believe naval battles work just fine against say, pirates. But for lords I assume they are stranded. Be sure to use the search function on the board for a question  :razz:

Billythefantastic said:
Ok so I'm having some problems getting to some carribean islands on my ship, I can get on some but others I just can't disembark on

Help?

I think it's mostly to do with the way ships are coded. Try clicking on a town on an island. Otherwise...

You're gonna have a baaad time.

garonedin said:
Billythefantastic said:
Ok so I'm having some problems getting to some carribean islands on my ship, I can get on some but others I just can't disembark on

Help?

I think it's mostly to do with the way ships are coded. Try clicking on a town on an island. Otherwise...

You're gonna have a baaad time.

I think I've figured it out, when I'm at the city I want to go to but can't disembark, I just have to click twords another island in the direction I want to get in the city I will get the message to disembark.

Or...if U are really in trouble, cheat the game and press Ctrl+Left click in the position U want the player to move in.
It will move the whole ship on the land, which looks bad but will allow u to disenbark.
If u will enbark again and the ship is on the land but close enough to the water, it will usually turn out that the ship will go back to the water, itself.  :wink:

Gab

The Iroquois Confederacy leader guy, whatever his name is, crashes my game whenever I try fighting him. I don't know why, he just does. If anyone can fix this, it'd be great. Also, I can start the fight, but after like 20-30 guys I mow down, it just crashes. Thank you for reading this.

Ok I was laying siege to the dutch landing fort and when I go into the fight to join my troops.

I crash to the desktop.
Do other people get this or is it just me

Game crashes whenever visiting an armor shop, frequently crashes to desktop at random, and occasionally gets errors in the notifications such as missing triggers and "divisions by zero."

All of the nations also have the wrong flags. The French are using the british flag, the british are using the Colony's flag, and the Iroquois are using the french flag. I'm not sure what the colony's flag is.

I love this mod but it is in desperate need of polish and bug fixing.

Hi, I have a problem.. I have mount & blade warband + the napoleonic wars, and today the steam had an update for the game, the game was working just fine for weeks BUT after this update... nor my 1776 mod nor my Persistent Frontier 1.0 is working, it says RGL Warning, get_object failed for texture. The game is freezed... thats it same happened to my Persistent Frontier 1.0, the native and the napoleonic wars still working fine but these 2 mods.. my favorite ones... please help!

Thanks!

DoomDude1 said:
My menu is missing all selectable options. Like, all of them.
Do I understand it correct and are there no buttons like "Options", "Singleplayer", and the like on the main menu?
Sounds like a corrupted download (orjust corrupted mod files after download/unpacking) to me; try downloading the mod and installing it again.

USADominic said:
Hi, I have a problem.. I have mount & blade warband + the napoleonic wars, and today the steam had an update for the game, the game was working just fine for weeks BUT after this update... nor my 1776 mod nor my Persistent Frontier 1.0 is working, it says RGL Warning, get_object failed for texture. The game is freezed... thats it same happened to my Persistent Frontier 1.0, the native and the napoleonic wars still working fine but these 2 mods.. my favorite ones... please help!

Thanks!
Do you still have this problem? If yes, has the game updated as fede.caprari said, without solving the problem?

Also sorry for the late reply, I'm a lousy supporter :oops:

*Missing Start Menu Buttons Fix*

There was an issue discussed about a year ago (like page 17) where the buttons on the start menu would not appear upon starting the game/mod, however as far as I can tell it was unresolved. Red error code would come across the screen with messages for each button for example "could not find GUI widget for inititial_options_buttons in game_variables.txt". The reason for this error is the "game_variables.txt" file not being included within the download of the 1776 AR module. My fix for this issue was copying this exact file ("game_variables.txt") from the 1755 Old Frontier module folder (download it if you don't have it) and copying it straight into your 1776 American Revolution module folder.

*I have not tested this fix beyond the start menu, i.e. the buttons will be there and work but I'm not sure if there are other issues in game*

Now that I have my menu buttons showing up (error in reply above) I am into the game but have ran into issues with missing meshes (leading to invisible items in inventory and while carrying them, as well as some other missing graphic things in the scenery. I have included some images below. If anyone can help me with a fix that would be great, thanks.

Notice I'm highlighting over the last arms slot which appears blank, however it contains "Good Pistol Cartridges"
1776Error1.png

1776Error2.png

*Yes in the pictures I have an Item Editor open on the bottom but I have not messed with anything in these files*

Back
Top Bottom