Vikingr 0.84 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hálfdanarson, if you get "module wrong" when clicking on the Fyrnigium Server click "no" when I asked to change to "native" and try a second time...or wait a few seconds longer before clicking the server...

Got it fixed now, thanks :smile:

It was the module name which I had named "vikingr 0.84" which was the cause for the error, changed it to "Vikingr" and it worked.  :smile:

Been playing a couple of rounds this afternoon, but I really suck atm. But got into it in the end..it really is a teamgame isn't it? Rushing into it just get's you killed!  :lol:

Hálfdanarson said:
Got it fixed now, thanks :smile:

It was the module name which I had named "vikingr 0.84" which was the cause for the error, changed it to "Vikingr" and it worked.  :smile:
Glad you fixed it =D

Hálfdanarson said:
Been playing a couple of rounds this afternoon, but I really suck atm. But got into it in the end..it really is a teamgame isn't it? Rushing into it just get's you killed!  :lol:

... YES!!! Definitely!! Check out the upcoming event Danegeld :smile:

I dunno if i'm good enough to join up with the danegeld, need some more praticing :p

Anyway, if I were to sign up, how do I do it?
Is it just "formal" to deside which team I'm going to be on and then later just join the the server for gaming?

Hálfdanarson said:
I dunno if i'm good enough to join up with the danegeld, need some more praticing :p

Is it just "formal" to deside which team I'm going to be on and then later just join the the server for gaming?

Dont worry about skill, its not really a competition but rather good fun  :smile:
If you want to join in you actually don't have to do anything apart from reading the thread to get an overview and joining into the teamspeak channel, so that you can hear your team mates for coordination, it doesn't matter if you don't have a microphone on your own.

Right now you would probably best join the Engle (anglo-saxon) side, as the viking warhosts are mostly clan-based and many of them russian speaking. An english-speaking host for the viking side is on its way though, so if you wait a bit you might be able to join it.

Moeckerkalfie said:
Hálfdanarson said:

Dont worry about skill, its not really a competition but rather good fun  :smile:
If you want to join in you actually don't have to do anything apart from reading the thread to get an overview and joining into the teamspeak channel, so that you can hear your team mates for coordination, it doesn't matter if you don't have a microphone on your own.

Right now you would probably best join the Engle (anglo-saxon) side, as the viking warhosts are mostly clan-based and many of them russian speaking. An english-speaking host for the viking side is on its way though, so if you wait a bit you might be able to join it.

Okey. I've read a little bit on the thread, but I dunno were to join in on the teamspeak channel. I prefer the "vikingr" side, but if there's only russian speaking people on there I don't mind being on the Engle side.

Hálfdanarson said:
Moeckerkalfie said:
Hálfdanarson said:

Okey. I've read a little bit on the thread, but I dunno were to join in on the teamspeak channel. I prefer the "vikingr" side, but if there's only russian speaking people on there I don't mind being on the Engle side.

Uh you are right I didn't add the channel data yet  :eek:

Hálfdanarson said:

There will be an English - speaking viking host soon - FenrisBarn! (I don't know why it isn't there yet :razz:)

Dragomir said:
Hálfdanarson said:

There will be an English - speaking viking host soon - FenrisBarn! (I don't know why it isn't there yet :razz:)

Alright, I want to be on that one! :smile:

Just out of curiosity, the name "FenrisBarn"..do you mean that you are the children of Fenris the wolf?

So do I just add my name under the banner of Fenrisbarn on the thread? How do I hear the team speak channel? I do not have a mic though.

Hálfdanarson said:
Just out of curiosity, the name "FenrisBarn"..do you mean that you are the children of Fenris the wolf?

Exactly, we translate it into Fenris' brood :grin:

Hálfdanarson said:
So do I just add my name under the banner of Fenrisbarn on the thread? How do I hear the team speak channel? I do not have a mic though.

I must speak with other of my clanmates, because I'm not sure if we are going to host a teamspeak server, or just a Skype conversation (contrary to appearances it doesn't mess up the ping). We use Skype for regular playing, though many players aren't very ok with that.

Dragomir said:
Hálfdanarson said:

Exactly, we translate it into Fenris' brood :grin:

Hálfdanarson said:

I must speak with other of my clanmates, because I'm not sure if we are going to host a teamspeak server, or just a Skype conversation (contrary to appearances it doesn't mess up the ping). We use Skype for regular playing, though many players aren't very ok with that.

Yeah because in Norwegian "Barn" means Children. Okey, so I just add my name under "FenrisBarn"?

You don't have to, you can also play as "guest" in their host. Only if you want to become long-term member of the clan you would use the tag usually, but thats up to the clan members to decide  :smile:

Moeckerkalfie said:
You don't have to, you can also play as "guest" in their host. Only if you want to become long-term member of the clan you would use the tag usually, but thats up to the clan members to decide  :smile:

Okey, I was thinking signing up as a guest...but if that's the only english-speaking Viking clan they can add me if they want to.

Hálfdanarson said:
Okey, I was thinking signing up as a guest...but if that's the only english-speaking Viking clan they can add me if they want to.

Joining FenrisBarn means much more than just adding tag to the name :wink: You'd have to prove first, that you're a worthy teamplayer, ready to rely on his clanmates and stick to the plan. Of course open host means people from outside the clan can join it as our guest :wink:

Dragomir said:
Hálfdanarson said:

Joining FenrisBarn means much more than just adding tag to the name :wink: You'd have to prove first, that you're a worthy teamplayer, ready to rely on his clanmates and stick to the plan. Of course open host means people from outside the clan can join it as our guest :wink:

Of course, I like to play the game using team-tactics, because going in on enemy's alone only get's you killed. But, my question hasn't been answered. I'm new to this forum and to stuff like signing up and do not know if I'm supposed to add myself to the host on the thread and stuff like that. I currently only want to be a guest anyway, so I can just add myself to any hosts as long as it says "open"?

Hálfdanarson said:
Dragomir said:
Hálfdanarson said:

Of course, I like to play the game using team-tactics, because going in on enemy's alone only get's you killed. But, my question hasn't been answered. I'm new to this forum and to stuff like signing up and do not know if I'm supposed to add myself to the host on the thread and stuff like that. I currently only want to be a guest anyway, so I can just add myself to any hosts as long as it says "open"?

Just post in the thread that you want to join the event at the side of the "FenrisBarn" and Moeckerkalfie will put you up there :smile:

Barabas said:
Hálfdanarson said:
Dragomir said:
Hálfdanarson said:

Just post in the thread that you want to join the event at the side of the "FenrisBarn" and Moeckerkalfie will put you up there :smile:

It looks like I'm already added as a guest I think.

Celtichugs said:
Hálfdanarson said:
Yeah because in Norwegian "Barn" means Children.

That's where we Scots get our word; "bern". :razz: Awsome.
I thought it was 'bairn' in Scottish. "Bern" however, is perfectly fine in Frisian, both as singular 'child' and plural 'children.' :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom