The 1257 AD Index

Users who are viewing this thread

THE 1257 AD INDEX - THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW & MORE!

Is there anything else that should be listed here?
Post below and we will add... Thanks...

* {Section 1} CREDITS
CREDITS
So many good people contributed to this mod.

* {Section 2} CURRENT REVISION & DOWNLOAD INFORMATION -- HOW TO INSTALL
As of 15th February 2014, development of the mod has stopped.
The latest version is Anno Domini 1257 - 1.03 - Kill the peasants edition! and you can get it here.
Even though there are some known bugs (e.g.: prison break) developers have lost interest in putting more time bugfixing and/or new feature addition.
We thank all the developers for their hard work and thousands of hours they committed into the project.

Remember to download & install the official Mount&Blade Warband version 1.158 patch for this mod.

---
outdated information
Steps to play the best mod on earth:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Install M&B Warband (the vanilla game - original released version or updated v.1.1 version)
[*]Install M&B Warband patch (update) v.1.143 so that your M&B Warband is as good as possible
[*]Finally you will need to copy all mod files into this directory -> "YOUR_M&B_Warband_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY\Modules\"
[/list]

M&B patch note: Personally (JohnT), I recommend not upgrading to 1.153 as 1.153 resulted in CTD issues while game was perfectly stable on 1.143 on the same system earlier. (Game crashes frequently after playing 1-2 years).

If you have used the default installation path, your M&B Warband installation directory could be one of the following
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband    (on 64-bit Windows)
C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband            (on 32-bit Windows)

Thus, mod directory would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\dev1257    (on 64-bit Windows)
C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\dev1257            (on 32-bit Windows)

You need to obtain 1257 AD files using the 'SVN' tool [SVN is a revision (or version) control system].
If you have not used SVN before fear not, there is an excellent guide for that -- see below.

Current revision of 1257 AD is always the one at the top of this page.

And Here is all you need to download this mod...

* {Section 3} CHANGELOGS
Click here to browse ChangeLogs for all revisions.

* {Section 4} KNOWN/REPORTED ISSUES
This section is outdated. Please see the main development announce and bug report thread titled "The new Subversion" link

* {Section 4.5} KNOWN/REPORTED TYPOs and/or WORDING SUGGESTIONS
{Section 4.5.1} Diplomacy add-on Group
Listed in pairs as follows:
Current text - "Current text here."
Suggestion - "Suggested (fixed/improved) text here"

"As you are my chief minister, I wish to speak to about affairs of state"
"As you are my chief minister, I wish to speak to you about affairs of state"

"Which of our lords do you like to you want to set free?"
"Which of our Lords do you wish to be set free?"

{Section 4.5.2} Text for Manor/Village Cleaning Operations
"You slaughter the bastards, like they were nothing! The peasents cheer you're name and are planing on holding a feast in the near[DoubleWhiteSpace]future to honor you!"
"You've slaughtered the bastards like they were nothing! The peasants cheer your name and are planing to hold a feast in the near[SingleWhiteSpace]future in your honor!"

{Section 4.5.3} Others
Player talks to a messenger:
"Greetings. Sorry but I don't have time to talk now. I am delivering a very important message to happy about."
"Greetings. Sorry but I don't have time to talk now. I am busy with delivering a very important message at the moment."

* {Section 5} GAME IS TOO SLOW!!! / CTDs ALL THE TIME?!!!
Be aware that the 'minimum system requirements' are the minimum requirements for the vanilla game without all the huge improvements that make the game MUCH BETTER [and resourcewise MUCH HEAVIER] so if you have the minimum for vanilla, it simply is not enough for this mod. Accept the fact and embrace whatever performance you can have :smile:

[list type=decimal]
[*]There is information available on improving performance and fixing some of the CTDs - have a read this: Known things that will cause you to CTD or Lag heavily!. There are 10 causes, do all of them and you might gain some performance. Expect no miracles unless you change your PC for a better one.
[*]If your PC has specs that meet the minimum for vanilla, it should run SLOW but should run and should not CTD all the time. If you have continous CTD issues that are not solved by step 1 in this list you may try this: 1) remove the mod and the game completely and 2) defrag all hard disk drives/partitions on your PC 3) re-install the game (from the online SVN source) 4) before launching the game, disable/kill all applications that run in the background 6) if you have no network sharing [i.e. single computer at home] disable your memory resident antivirus for limited extra performance gain
[*]A Good Graphics Card with generous dedicated vRAM is needed for anything to do with 3D environments (battle screens)
[*]For the campaign map, it is calculations that is being done in the background and that requires A LOT of CPU power
[*]Naturally enough RAM is also required to store the data that is to be processed. From my rev57 game experience, memory usage seems to be around 1.4GB to 1.9GB if you have 2GB memory available to warband process, it should be enough
[/list]

* {Section 6} KNOWN FIXES & FAQ
Fix for some crashes thread link
Game text won't display link
FAQ link

* {Section 7} PLANNED FEATURES
DISCLAIMER: Any item in this list may change drastically or get cancelled completely. No guarantees, no returns.

Companions overhaul link
Monastries link

* {Section 8} REJECTED FEATURE REQUESTS
DISCLAIMER: Any item in this list has been considered and for some reason didn't make it through. Unless absolutely necessary, please do not repost. Thanks.

{Section 8.1} Multiplayer version - rejected (not enough resources to work on it) link
{Section 8.2} Improved Siege Scenes and Female Companions link & link

* {Section 9} GAME MECHANICS EXPLAINED
{Section 9.1} Troop Trees
source 1 WIP - link
source 2 (Outdated?) link

{Section 9.2} Enterprises Explained (factory/investment/...)
Single industry investment penalties link

{Section 9.3} Manors Explained
Manor Mechanics link and link

{Section 9.4} Diplomacy & 1257 AD Integration
Information available on Diplomacy & 1257 AD Integration link

* {Section 10} COMPILATION OF TIPS, SOLUTIONS, TACTICS, STRATEGIES - all the goodies - (links to other forum posts)
{Section 10.1} Howto make money - Quick & Easy link
{Section 10.2} HOWTO *REGAIN* most of the accomplishments from a previous game state link
{Section 10.3} Recommended Campaign Difficulty Level link
{Section 10.4} 'Lame' Horses & Healing link
{Section 10.5} Companion Compatibility link
{Section 10.6} Defeated Lords do not join my Kingdom? link
{Section 10.7} You need unassigned fiefs to attract new Lords to join you link
{Section 10.8} Unmarried woman can be seen only during feasts link
{Section 10.9} Forging a strong Kingdom link
{Section 10.10} How to gain Castles as fiefs link
{Section 10.11} Methods of Making Money link
{Section 10.12} Lords Keep Escaping! link
{Section 10.13} Recruiting Lords of Other Factions link
{Section 10.14} Shield Bash Doesn't Work?! link
{Section 10.15} AutoHotkey script for speeding up some of the repetitive tasks in 1257 AD link

* {Section 11} MORE TIPS (not linked)
[list type=decimal]
[*]Having good relations with village/cities help immensily - I have a village with +100 relation, they not only provide 20 or 30 recruits at one go but they sometimes provide tier 2 troops as recruits!
[*]Having your own city helps is the key to high income and renown - income because city produces much more than a castle/village [about 10k per week] & renown because you can host tournaments and win them all [=money & renown]. It also helps  with good recruits without travelling around the map.
[/list]

Click here to find out how you can help!

EDIT LIST
27/09/11 - added money tip
07/10/11 - added "Lords Keep Escaping!" & "Recruiting Lords of Other Factions"
10/10/11 - added Venezia banner
15/10/11 - added "Game Too Slow / CTDs All the Time" section. added "Shield Bash Doesn't Work?! link"
16/10/11 - Divided into sections for easier referencing. Added Diplomacy Integration information. Added "exchange prisoners do not work". Added section 4.5.
17/10/11 - added messenger typo
13/02/12 - extended how to install section
08/07/12 - added Autohotkey script -- Section 10.15.
15/02/14 - updated "latest version / how to obtain" information in Section 2.
08/06/15 - updated "Section 1" was wrongly called "mod summary, project vision, credits" but the content was only list  to credits. It is now properly called credits.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195123.0.html

This deserves to be at the solutions/tips tab. I recall being really irritated by having to start a new game every time mods updated and the tips inside made it a lot less painful.

Here's a money tip... Actually I read this in the forum so credits goes to the original poster although I can't remember who. I  did not follow it through then, during tonights session I somehow rediscovered this while shopping around. Now, after spending a lot of money on equipment and fort upgrades I still have 120K cash all thanks to the below!

(Not to crowd the top post, I'll post it here as a separate post and put a single line link at the top.)

How to make money - Quick and Easy

Short Summary
[list type=decimal]
[*]Buy salt in Poland [cities and villages. buying at villages is cheaper]
[*]Sell in other cities
[/list]

Details / Notes
* Party Size - Probably it would work with any party size but I had 69 troops with me, a total party size of 70 did not get attacked while travelling around at all. [about 100 in-game days, zero attacks from bandits etc.]
edit - now I have 61 troops in the party, still not being attacked at all. obviously smaller party costs less wages PLUS moves faster, therefore new safe recommendation would be 61 troops. Furthermore, try an all cavalry composition, despite the higher cost, if you are moving faster you will be making more money!
* Two-way trade - Perhaps you could buy salt > sell salt, repeat. However this is not efficient since you'll be incurring troop costs on your return journey with no income to show for it. A better approach might be finding a two or three way trade to go in circles. (see below)
* What I did to get 120K in one night is this: buy salt in Poland, move eastwards, trade salt with fur from villages. Raw Silk in Kursk. Especially in Hungary & Halych-Volhynia there is great fur.
* Just to give an idea how lucrative this business is: Buy salt for 20 denars and sell for about 250 denars. Buy fur for 30  denars and sell for 440 denars. Prices obviously vary, still there's good money.
* If you're playing close to France, buy iron in and around Paris for 20-40 and sell in Praha and around for 250.
* If you go counter-clockwise from Poland to east, then Scandinavia; one tip is buying fish when it is about 40 and sell it about 80 in inland cities.

So approx how many in game days at say...6-7 day speed would it take using the second detailed method to make 100k+?

Lazyman said:
So approx how many in game days at say...6-7 day speed would it take using the second detailed method to make 100k+?

Difficult to say because I don't keep track of in-game time. Real time matters to me as I need to sit in front of the PC longer to reach a money limit, in-game time has no effect whatsoever.

Just to give an idea, I'm an day 992 now, with 25 companions, about 20 of them knighted already [meaning they have armored horse, good enough armor on themselves, about 180 skill in polearms & single handed].

I have 2 castles &1 village, and my faction is dominant in Europe but paying dearly for that because all factions attack us all the time. Wars are so continous that I couldn't find the time to do 2-3 more tours to buy the highest armor for my self, the one with +80/+30 stats and 233K price tag.

Why would you want to know in-game days anyway? Seems like the campaign map is fairly static and it does not matter if you do something now or 2 years later, it'll be almost the same.

Lazyman said:
well, if JohnT companions have 180 points and my companions have 250-300 and day is only about 400-450... I guess, you can imagine :grin:

Yup, I didn't fight when I didn't have to, I was focusing on gear and relations with current faction I guess. I think I should have been a merc in the beginning, it was a bad idea to be a vassal from day 1 (or day 30 you get the idea).

JuicyDeath said:
Lazyman said:
well, if JohnT companions have 180 points and my companions have 250-300 and day is only about 400-450... I guess, you can imagine :grin:

@JuicyDeath
Could you tell me your char's troops killed/wounded & friendly killed/wounded stats please?

i've never played as merc :grin: And see no point in trading or politic. Not the best game if you like those 2 things :grin:

something about 5k+ killed. Don't know about wounded, but should not be much - sabre or 2h axe are my friends :grin: Friendly - mb just 5 bc i don't use ranged weapons.

I find;

Trading useful because it provides the money to buy best equipment for yourself and second best equipment for companions. It costs me about 3.5million denars to equip them, so I desperately need money.

Politics useful because it is novelty in this game haha. Didn't do this before but in this game all French lords are +30 or +60 with me and it is good to have friends [even if they are virtual :smile:]

In my next game, I will simply port all current companions with their experience & stats, along with their gear and focus on making 1million cash then starting my own Kingdom. Non-existance of recruiters is killing me (timewise) btw.

there is nothing "usefull" bc it's a game. It may be fun and may not be fun. If you like trading staff, there are much more fun games that ARE about trading and politic.

I am aware that it is a game. It is USEFUL in the game world, as in it helps me buy better gear and kill more enemies with less losses and thus have more fun.

Back
Top Bottom