The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll go first. If time and energy allows, I'll take the liberty of having this post work as compiled collection of made suggestion within the thread.

suggested nomenclature: CI - commisioned inspirer; bCI, experience boost (in %) during a battle; tCI- experience boost over each day, namely through training (the party skill)

Training Officers / Commissioned Inspirers: Struggling as a newcomer into the lands of M&B Calradia (or Europe, or Peloponnesia) can be strugglesome. How about being able to hire/lease officers from one of the armies of one of the warlords, provided lord trusts the character and you have enough soldiers in your party? These men would increase the party skill of "Training" (tCI in effect) by a few points while also offering some needed manpower and increase of morale. An alternative twist would be to get the 'quest' of joining the lord under his command in a smaller campaign before moving out by your own with his Officer(s), bCI in effect. CI would give an XP boost to lower XP:ed soldiers during the fights he participates in.

This special unit could be in the form of a regular unit or as a companion, however hired for a limited / specific time, alternatively staying with you, should you prove yourself as a successful commander and his lord approves of this. Side note: He (if companion) would not be particularily satisfied with units from another faction, especially those at war with! Higher and more experienced CI:s might even leave you with some of your men if you don't act the leader you should. Having him in your force successfully over a period of time could increase faction and/or lord relation from whom you made the deal with.

Input welcome.

Please God compile the Parts for MBWarband version :smile: it takes one hell of a dedicated player to download 12 parts (actually 11 but whatever) with having to wait 30 seconds a piece to download, which takes a total of 6minuetes alone, throw in that the average download time for these parts are of 6 minutes (with my internets) and you get a total of 78 minutes trying to download, not to mention 100000000000000000000000000 adds thrown in your face..

No but really it would be great for you guys to compile this mod
------------------------------
Also your main host only allow a free user to download like 100mb (or 3 downloads or something like that) every hour... Which means that 12 downloads will take 4hours just to be able to download.... Please god upload a compiled version of the alpha, I am on part 6 and have been downloading this mod for the past 4 1/2 hours now, it takes waaay too long bro...

I know. Sahran will log into my account and upload the full exe soon. I can't because my connection has decided to go rogue right now.

1. Please update the textures: The armor textures are great, as are the weapons (although they have the M&B glow) but the building textures could use an upgrade (eventually) as it would tripple the aesthetic appeal of this mod.

2. Balance the Weapons/add new ones: Weapons are a tad strong in this mod, balance them out a bit. Also add new Legendary weapons (such as the Mycenaean Lion Sword, Hercules Sword, Apollo's Bow, Zeus Pilum (im sorry but I dont know what to call it), Leonitus Helm, ect... you get the idea)

3. Maybe include a better ground texture/graphics pack with the mod.

4. Greek Names

5. Add Religions as a Factor :smile:

6. A better map (though I love how many settlements you added) as the coastline needs to be more defined and such other topographic features need to be present.

7. Taverns need to be re-done.
8. New Quests.
9. Implement the Free-Lancer mod.
10. New Arenas.

Ille Think of more :smile:

penquin11 said:
1. Please update the textures: The armor textures are great, as are the weapons (although they have the M&B glow) but the building textures could use an upgrade (eventually) as it would tripple the aesthetic appeal of this mod.

2. Balance the Weapons/add new ones: Weapons are a tad strong in this mod, balance them out a bit. Also add new Legendary weapons (such as the Mycenaean Lion Sword, Hercules Sword, Apollo's Bow, Zeus Pilum (im sorry but I dont know what to call it), Leonitus Helm, ect... you get the idea)

3. Maybe include a better ground texture/graphics pack with the mod.

4. Greek Names

5. Add Religions as a Factor :smile:

6. A better map (though I love how many settlements you added) as the coastline needs to be more defined and such other topographic features need to be present.

7. Taverns need to be re-done.
8. New Quests.
9. Implement the Free-Lancer mod.
10. New Arenas.

Ille Think of more :smile:

MULTIPLAYER!!!

Also The MAP IS HUUUUUUUGE OMG I got lost in-between Italy and Sparta XD... (i guess thats a positive)

1. Add more armors
2. Add more helmets, specifically for the persians
3. Perhaps regionalise troops (that way the entire peloponesian league doesnt use spartans)

penquin11 said:
Also The MAP IS HUUUUUUUGE OMG I got lost in-between Italy and Sparta XD... (i guess thats a positive)

Unfortunately, while that is a good thing and a must for this mod, that is the reason why it can't be too much detailed. The map faces are doubled and vertexes spread out to allow for that size. Another reason is the ocean the way it is setup now for sea travels and battles.  It hides the smooth coastlines. Although things might have changed in the new versions, I'll check it out when I have some time.

Lynores said:
penquin11 said:

Unfortunately, while that is a good thing and a must for this mod, that is the reason why it can't be too much detailed. The map faces are doubled and vertexes spread out to allow for that size. Another reason is the ocean the way it is setup now for sea travels and battles.  It hides the smooth coastlines. Although things might have changed in the new versions, I'll check it out when I have some time.

yeah cause i have played other mods with smoothed coastlines (Brythenwalda) that have smooth coastlines and sea battles.

Also in terms of the map I understand the need to have it large, but that large??? 1257ad has a smaller map im pretty sure, but idk...

I is confused  :oops:
Is this single player of mulity player or something else :0?
Thank you for any answers

Back
Top Bottom