The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

i would like to see some olive trees as well as some small buildings cause the big buildings are epic and dont need something new added and if its possible some battlefield stuff like bodies and blood

i would aprecciate if you make regular trooptree units recruitable on some cities as some hoplites (Tegean, Eubean,Platean, Argos-ish etc..) for factions that have no special troops, as the Latins, Samnites, Dodecapoleans, Thesalian  Achaean (not sure about this last ones) etc.. or make village levies bigger ( with relation 0-5 instead of receiving 2-5 recruits you could get 7-12).
Also, the italic peninsula is a bit boring as their 4 factions are almost all the time in peace, or in war just with the athenians and Magna Graecia. you could make latins be at war with samnites when you start or the 3 factions to be in war with each other.

Sahran said:
Also this is a period where the Sparabara seems to gradually (if not completely by the end of the Peloponnesian war) be removed as a heavy infantryman in favor of greek mercenaries and folks raised in that wonderfully complicated "Kardaka" category that may be a peltast, a sort of proto Thuerophoroi, a light hoplite, or a hoplite.

Yeah, I guess Sparabara are out of the question.

Lynores said:
What Sahran said. Regarding the rest, hold your horses there, pally. I have only two hands and 24hs a day.  :lol:

Like i said, Only suggestions. The map i ok the way it is, but i think what this mod needs is variety in some of the lesser factions troops, and more variety in the equipment it carries.

Ive been playing this mod like its crack, And besides the obvious flaws that have been listed on this board, I think this mod is next to perfect. Kind of hard to believe its an alpha. 

Yes, thats the idea. I will be working on more linothoraxes, cuirasses and get back to research on the other factions as well to get their trees more variety and accuracy like I mentioned in the main thread. It's all part of the plans, the objective of the alpha was mainly to get rid of bugs, check out combat and sieges also giving a hint at what is to come, of course.

Lynores said:
What Sahran said. Regarding the rest, hold your horses there, pally. I have only two hands and 24hs a day.  :lol:
What tenerife_boy said and someone let God know that day should be expanded IMMEDIATELY !!!!
Lets say: 48 hours per day eventually would make these Τριήρεις move...... :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!
Aaah i would lend you my hands but their useless in modding texturing,modeling,scripting,cooking,mopping,dish-washing...pretty much everything  :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Lynores said:
Yes, thats the idea. I will be working on more linothoraxes, cuirasses and get back to research on the other factions as well to get their trees more variety and accuracy like I mentioned in the main thread. It's all part of the plans, the objective of the alpha was mainly to get rid of bugs, check out combat and sieges also giving a hint at what is to come, of course.

I can do a couple Sea battles scenes for you. All i really need is your permission. i can get them done in a day or 2.

crodio said:
i would aprecciate if you make regular trooptree units recruitable on some cities as some hoplites (Tegean, Eubean,Platean, Argos-ish etc..) for factions that have no special troops, as the Latins, Samnites, Dodecapoleans, Thesalian  Achaean (not sure about this last ones) etc.. or make village levies bigger ( with relation 0-5 instead of receiving 2-5 recruits you could get 7-12).
Also, the italic peninsula is a bit boring as their 4 factions are almost all the time in peace, or in war just with the athenians and Magna Graecia. you could make latins be at war with samnites when you start or the 3 factions to be in war with each other.

Those are some good points. I'm not sure I quite understand what you're saying with the top. You want earlier hoplite access for those guys like Latins and such? Was a concern with the tier based depiction of the "Five class" System of Rome and the Etruscans, it'd make hoplites super rare. It might behoove us to have the major Roman/Etruscan cities directly shoot to a usual hoplite tree of unarmored, lightly armored, and cuirassed.

Sahran said:
crodio said:

Those are some good points. I'm not sure I quite understand what you're saying with the top. You want earlier hoplite access for those guys like Latins and such? Was a concern with the tier based depiction of the "Five class" System of Rome and the Etruscans, it'd make hoplites super rare. It might behoove us to have the major Roman/Etruscan cities directly shoot to a usual hoplite tree of unarmored, lightly armored, and cuirassed.
i want bender back :twisted:

Sahran said:
crodio said:

I think what he is saying is, not only is it downright boring to have to wait such along time for your basic recrutes to level to elit soldiers while other factions can recruite well trained levis directly from their cities but also it is hihly unbalanced. Therefore he is saying that the best choice would be to add levis to those factions also, samnites etc, to balance it out. Btw he didn't mean hoplites just levis part of their own troop tree.

kuauik said:
Sahran said:
crodio said:

sf9i2.png

Glad to hear that, boss-man Lynores.

Sahran said:
kuauik said:
Sahran said:
crodio said:

sf9i2.png

Glad to hear that, boss-man Lynores.
hard life of an alcoholic
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v_mSI5TLP9o/TJECkg5u-qI/AAAAAAAAAAg/cIi7jhIL8HE/s1600/bender_futurama.jpg

Back
Top Bottom