The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

It could be a good idea to add more reinforcements waves to the two sides, to make those 400 vs 400 fights go in one skirmish only to the players that can't handle a higher battlesizer. (they are two reinforcement waves now, it makes the fights go in like five or more skirmishes, it just too much)

PD: Actually I changed it to 99 waves in normal battles and the default in town/castle sieges, i will try it now.

EDIT: Also, the less ammount of Dory's on non-Spartan hoplites is because of historical accuracy or something? Because I remember that in the demo all hoplites had Dory's and not swords

EDIT2: I couldn't make it work manually changing the wave reinforcements in a normal battle, and tweakMB didn't worked either.

EDIT3: I just played with "99" waves of reinforcement limit and 200 of battlesizer (in TPW i mean). It's definitely something that needs to be added, because it affects on the loot that you gets, making it more logic to the ammount of fighting that went on

:grin: :grin: I was thinking about real greek names for the greek cities like athina instead of athens sparti instead of sparta, and patra instead of patrai. Also i miss Thessaloniki greek lore says that it was named after Alexander the great's little sister Thessalia, but really it was named after the people who foundend it thessaliens.

I also saw that in a siege of a city that the main battle outside the gate and on the street was on the exact same map. I just think the city symbols on the map need more houses on its hills.

Keep up the good work  :grin: :grin: :grin:

i think the map is so big but i can't see lots of band of bandits or minor factions.please add more enemies to train level for my party
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

matmannen said:
:grin: :grin: I was thinking about real greek names for the greek cities like athina instead of athens sparti instead of sparta, and patra instead of patrai. Also i miss Thessaloniki greek lore says that it was named after Alexander the great's little sister Thessalia, but really it was named after the people who foundend it thessaliens.

I also saw that in a siege of a city that the main battle outside the gate and on the street was on the exact same map. I just think the city symbols on the map need more houses on its hills.

Keep up the good work  :grin: :grin: :grin:
its  athinai not athina.i agree with you.
my sugestion

1 more buildable building (i will get ideas from eb mod)
2 costum cities
3 add siege options like the brythenwalda has
4 naval battles
5 seeing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbiO40JHDc4 hoplites move too quickly
5b make the animations a bit better and a bit less unnatural
for example the spear attack is a bit too quick
more will come

Man, I´m the mod public relationship and I know about Koryvantes, I talk with them by Facebook and some references are taken from them.

I agree I would like to see the Thessalian design showed in 0:25 let´s see if Lynores will add it aswell as the boar for perikoi hoplitai

bill2505 said:

Yes is that the ancient greek name for athens, 'cause after all my years in greece i have never seen Antinai said or written in modern greek. Aplws na xereis pws eimai souidos wmos agapw ti glwssa kai ti hwra sas  :grin: :grin:

And is it only me or does Agis of Sparta resemble Gerard Butler from 300, it strick me once i saw him.

I think it would be really fun, not sure if it is possible but to make some historicle scripted invasions and so, would be really fun if like all of greece had to unite to fend of a huge persien army, cant remember though if the great persian invasion was at that time or earlier.  :grin: :grin:

Havent been playing for that long and maybe it was just my bad luck, but i havent seen any ransom broker at all. With big maps like this, I prefer to sell my saves to the barkeeper, so i dont have to drag my prisoners along all the time.

Maybe the bartenders could buy prisoners like Ramon the slavetraders for a reduced price, while the real ransom brokers pay normal prices?

edit: had a bad streak, found some ranson brokers

I want to suggest a command tutorial, like sure pushing buttons isn't so hard, but questions which buttons, i was able to figure out how to order formations by through youtube, but only by chance. Also i think there are some people out there who, not being used to more advanced strategic thinking need to know.
Mainly why i post this is because when asking about why formations don't work during sieges, i was answered that i use siege formations, looked at all f numbers found null, and i would think not only i have this problem.

Kendoman said:
I'm having a hard time finding anybody to fight.  More bandits please; barbarians, pirates, theives, mercenary gangs out for loot.
I think the playabilty would improve if you increased the map speed.  Great start!

Cheers,
I agree with this. I would like to see more bandits too. Started in Italy, where cretans and helots were plentyfull, but when i travelled to greece there was almost nobody to fight.

Also i suggest that you make sea travel go faster, or perhaps implement the sea travel style from 1257 ad, where you travel from fixed harbors.

Keep up the good work  :wink:

good mod but I noticed when I freelanced in the lord of sparta's army he never even got close to the campaigning army so he just ran towards them, and when he almost reached them, he went back home. This happened three times in a row.

matmannen said:
bill2505 said:

Yes is that the ancient greek name for athens, 'cause after all my years in greece i have never seen Antinai said or written in modern greek. Aplws na xereis pws eimai souidos wmos agapw ti glwssa kai ti hwra sas  :grin: :grin:

And is it only me or does Agis of Sparta resemble Gerard Butler from 300, it strick me once i saw him.

I think it would be really fun, not sure if it is possible but to make some historicle scripted invasions and so, would be really fun if like all of greece had to unite to fend of a huge persien army, cant remember though if the great persian invasion was at that time or earlier.  :grin: :grin:

dude dunno why but u make me hungry

I thing i do saw somewhere else in the board those 2 suggestions so forgive the repetition but i have to say that i loved naval battles in Brytenwalda mod and definitely i wish to see them in this mode since Tριήρης is so beautiful made in TPW and i`d love to see this baby in action.
Plus naval battles where very ''popular''for Greek nations and to leave these beauties stood still its a waste for your great work.

On the other hand i remember seeing Chariots in a older mode for M&B (not warband) called ''The Wedding Dance'' for Valkyries faction if i remember well and they looked pretty cool too.
Thought i`m not 100% sure if they correspond accurately in specific time frame.(maybe for some Persian and Latin league nations?)And if they do then they will fit sweet not only in battles but in some tournaments too(in specific regions `course)

Anyway again congrats for this great work and whatever you add-remove i`m sure it wont make this mod less great.Just looking forward for your choices.
Cheers...

Matmannen. The great Persian Ivasion has already been defeated, however on that topic, I would love to see Historical based legendary weapons/ armours, companions and perhaps locations in cities. Many of these (but not heroes) could be related to the Persian Invasion in some way.
For Example,
- The player could embark on a quest to uncover the Miltiades Helmet
- Athens could have statues dedicated to Themistocles
- the player could see the Troezen inscription when walking through Troezen.
- Thucydides could be a hero that could be hired by the player (He was an Athenian general who was exiled to Sparta during the period.)

Little things like this could help create a really immersive environment along with features such as:
- Ostracism of Archons/Lords (perhaps instead of treason)
- Citizenship (the player can start as/become a citizen of a Polis. This can confer certain advantages)
- Elections, in appropriate cities. The relationship with cities and surrounding villages becomes important, as positive relationships may result in the player being elected archon, polemarch, etc.

I know it says so in the info page says "Faction polishing with a few more items, some of them replacing the current ones for better accuracy", But for all i know it could mean replacing current items. Running around with a bunch of Megale Hellas Epilektos with the same black shields and armor really doesn't cut it for me.

Persians, Which would strike me as a beautifully colored army is the exact opposite. and where are the sparabara?  :???:

Also, Being a Carthaginian and Persian pirate, The same old Ship scene doesn't cut it for me. NEEDS more ship scenes, But im sure that it is in the works. 

Tl,dr: More color in the armies, Variety in the shields and armour of the individual troops, etc. 

Sparabaras aren't included because Rez of TWC's research showed the Persian armies in the westernmost satrapies were entirely provincial at this point - they would consist of "Colonists" who I understand to be kind of like a Persian/Median/ect. "Knight" with his own entourage. The infantry were more irregular retinue type forces from both Persian/median/ect. colonist stock and locals, where the sparabara were a more professional standing arm for the Persian administration back East.

Also this is a period where the Sparabara seems to gradually (if not completely by the end of the Peloponnesian war) be removed as a heavy infantryman in favor of greek mercenaries and folks raised in that wonderfully complicated "Kardaka" category that may be a peltast, a sort of proto Thuerophoroi, a light hoplite, or a hoplite.

What Sahran said. Regarding the rest, hold your horses there, pally. I have only two hands and 24hs a day.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom