The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMadJester said:
You should make another region way off to the side of Europe, like America or India. And populate it with a faction, so you can colonize it. Wouldn't that be neat? Braving the forests filled with my ancestors, or shooting into the hordes of the mughal empire.

I'd recommend you to think about what you wrote afterwards

Bluehawk said:
Most of the German regiments were still making the transition by 1809 and fought in their helmets, while the Hungarian regiments had long ago adopted the shako. At least that's the truism repeated ad nauseam.
To this kaskethelmets in my book 1000 uniforms they don't says about germany legion helmets.

If, like it seems, he has created a new account after been muted, I don't think the multipost is the biggest of his problems...

Edit:
McMaslo2 said:
So , i 've got no problems , ale każdy sądzi po sobie...
#FamousLastWords

HoJu said:
If, like it seems, he has created a new account after been muted, I don't think the multipost is the biggest of his problems...
So , i 've got no problems , ale każdy sądzi po sobie...

Do you know if Finnish querrillas were still active by the time the mod starts? Because near the end of the Finnish war, a powerful anti-Russian civil querrilla campaign startes in northern Finland. I thought they might make for some neat and historically correct "bandit" parties.

All that I've read (this Russian-language article being the most recent) suggests the partisan war died out almost completely by November 1808, from a combination of policies the Russians took, such as allowing prisoners of war to return home early as civilians if they promised not to take up arms again, the abolition of the selling of Swedish/Finnish officers' "Boställen," which had been unwisely implemented in June to threaten Finns in Swedish service to surrender, and finally customs tariffs were abolished along the Russo-Finnish border to offer the war-frightened middle class a sense of market security. The early Swedish victories had encouraged the partisans, but when the tide turned and the Swedish forces retreated completely from Finland under an armistice, hope of repelling the invader faded quickly. Beyond what I've read, I find it hard to speculate about an insurregency being waged during the Diet of Porvoo, and especially after Alexander's pledge in March to uphold the preexisting institutions and laws. Surely they wouldn't receive support from those trying to negotiate favourable terms.

Docm30 talked once upon a time about procedural rebels being generated in territories that change hands, and I wouldn't have a problem with that being applied to the whole of Finland, despite it being de facto Russian at the mod start (and de jure from the Russian court's perspective, but not Sweden's), but I think even that might be disproportionate. Creating a unique insurgency like in Spain or Serbia however would be even worse.

I bet there will be ways to turn it off or just upgrade, M&B is not that intensive, i doubt it will do to much on performance

If it were me, I would be doing everything in my power to get this mod ready for release for Jan 2015, or if is the case, delay it until then.

With the high profile release of the new Assassins Creed game on November 31st, the time period is probably never going to see more interest. People will probably play AC5 solid for 2-3 weeks, but start to get bored of the same game mechanics. After then, searches for "Napoleonic Games" or "Games about Napoleonic War" are going to be an all time high which means more exposure for what looks to be a masterpiece of a mod.

By the end of December, the gaming press will have stopped the previews and reviews of AC5, but the high interest in the game will mean that you can see a journalist picking up on the mod as a sort of "Loved Assassins Creed? Try This" feature.

If the mod is half as good as it looks to be, all the attention will be well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom