The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
Speaking of which, here are some Grenadiers. Hats, also.

prussianshakoes.jpg

prussiangrenadiers1.jpg

prussiangrenadiers2.jpg

prussiangrenadiers3.jpg

That third screenshot cracks me up. Talk about perfect timing.

That post was made on my birthday, oddly enough.

Well, firstly thank you gentleman for the information a few pages ago.

Secondly, on topic of the mod: surfing around the MODDB and these 1300+ I can't believe there isn't really anything showcasing any of the actual AI or combat changes. And while like most seeing pictures of the Nifty uniforms is all great and all, I feel this is literally the single most unimportant part of the mod. Nice looking uniforms are great and all, But in reality if in this mod the AI and units are just as stupid as they are in say the Napoleonic Wars DLC, then this mod is going to be the biggest disappointment of all time. I mean can you even imagine trying to fight a giant line battle with the Commander units from the Napoleonic wars DLC? Unit's targeting and firing at each other From AAAAALLLL the way across the map, and targeting the most stupid of things. If a Cav unit flanks you, YOU'RE completely SCREWED! because the Stupid bots can't focus specifically on the cav. This would be unbelievably frustrating and a huge game breaker for me personally at least. I feel that in the anticipation of a Progress report of the mod, I'd Like to see something showcasing this aspect of the mod., And why it will indeed be better then then Napoleonic Wars DLC.

Line_Infantry said:

Secondly, on topic of the mod: surfing around the MODDB and these 1300+ I can't believe there isn't really anything showcasing any of the actual AI or combat changes. And while like most seeing pictures of the Nifty uniforms is all great and all, I feel this is literally the single most unimportant part of the mod. Nice looking uniforms are great and all, But in reality if in this mod the AI and units are just as stupid as they are in say the Napoleonic Wars DLC, then this mod is going to be the biggest disappointment of all time. I mean can you even imagine trying to fight a giant line battle with the Commander units from the Napoleonic wars DLC? Unit's targeting and firing at each other From AAAAALLLL the way across the map, and targeting the most stupid of things. If a Cav unit flanks you, YOU'RE completely SCREWED! because the Stupid bots can't focus specifically on the cav. This would be unbelievably frustrating and a huge game breaker for me personally at least. I feel that in the anticipation of a Progress report of the mod, I'd Like to see something showcasing this aspect of the mod., And why it will indeed be better then then Napoleonic Wars DLC.
cool story bro but this is free and he does this in his spare time so he isn't obliged to show you anything

Line_Infantry said:

Can you even begin to understand howmany years of work have to be put in the things you seem to be 'demanding' from this mod? Intelligent AI, is it even possible for Warband?

I'm sure the ai is being worked on (i can recall a few previous posts), but ai targeting is hardcoded. Ranged agents fire at whatever's closest to them, and occasionally just stand there because the line of fire to said agent is blocked.

Line_Infantry said:
And while like most seeing pictures of the Nifty uniforms is all great and all, I feel this is literally the single most unimportant part of the mod.

This thread would be completely empty if that were the case.

Edit: @ser jaime, intelligent (to an extent) ai has been done a few times. The native system is completely barebones and it only requiresy a few simple codes to make it work properly.

You know, I'm actually kinda glad how much work has been put in.  Most modern triple A games and (of course) a lot of indie games are released pre alpha and are completed later.  Updates, updates, so many updates...  Oh, and Add Ons.  Release most the game, have the rest be a part of some pre order **** or make people pay more money for crap they should already have.

This is quite free in comparison to those fascist assholes, and even though there won't be the certain nations I'm hoping for on the first release I don't have to pay for something that is already there.

Oh, and it isn't pay to win either.  God, I hate modern gaming.  :/

I wonder if Docm will let us do some submods for this.

If I pull out some stuff from 1247AD, I might be able to fashion some proper battle formations, in case Docm can't make some himself.

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
Nothing... *closes door to torture chamber with epicrules inside, and on which door is poster with uncle Adolf saying youre the next*
You've got some issues buddy.  Feel free to make your own Mod if you don't like the way this one is progressing.  Better yet, get a life and stop coming on here rambling like an idiot about how the Mod isn't coming out fast enough.  Go outside and throw a ball around or whatever you 10 year old kids do these days.  The Mod will get released when it is ready.  Docm isn't going to release some **** Alpha filled with bugs, at least not to us random people, maybe some close friends, but I have no idea.  Moral of the story is: Wait and stop your "New way of trolling", it's getting old.

Epicrules said:
Nah, just some kid who thinks he's funny, as evidenced by his "Inventor of the new way of trolling" personal text. Report and move on.
Done, see what happens. 

Moving onto another topic, I'm interested in acquiring a replica sword from the Napoleonic Wars, anyone know any good sites to go to, that won't sell me a piece of chinese metal that will break when I take it out of the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom