The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir_Newton said:
Are there any records of Americans serving as mercenaries in the Napoleonic wars? i think that would be an interesting unit to fight with.
I remember hearing something about American sailors being forced to serve aboard or press ganged into service aboard British naval ships but I don't think there were any Americans in the Napoleonic wars

I don't think there were any American units so to speak.
There were most definitely American soldiers in various armies, but I don't know of any all-American units.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the only effect Americans had was the war of 1812 with the invasion of Canada, other than that. The Amercians were just trading with France and hoping Spain wouldn't start expanding

Benjamin_von_Hamburg said:
Inzunza said:
*quietly waiting for Spain*

*Quietly waiting for the day of GLORIOUS release and too raid the land's of the ****ty Empire France (It's the actuall name in French xD)  with ze GLORIOUS Königreich Preußen* ( ß = double s )

y u explaining so much?

They're not currently in the mod. I may add them later, but probably not before the first release.

For the record, when the mod is set they were just the Chasseurs-à-Pied de la Garde Impériale. In the beginning of 1809 (at the same time the new Young Guard was formed) the 2nd grenadiers and chasseurs à pied were amalgamated into their respective 1st regiments. Both of the regiments thus lost the 1st from their titles.

Sorry if this has been asked before but how will sieges be different than native? It would be neat if you could blow off part of walls with your cannons and then charge your infantry in for example.

Blowing up walls could be done in a WFaS style, making it an option in the siege menu and having you wait while cannons pound the walls, but I don't think the engine would allow for bots to breach a wall while assaulting. As Docm30 said, you can't tell the cannon troops where to aim. They just load and "shoot" invisible rounds that explode randomly around the enemy.

Then again, normally you would storm a fortress AFTER breaching the walls, so the WFaS method works just fine. Though, to make it realistic, you would need a lot of artillery, not just 2 or 3 cannons.

Some of the best fights in WFaS were the breach fights, lining up behind the stockade behind the breach and just waiting till they are packed up in the breach and just unloading into them. <3

That is true, Sebastian did that,  however changing the AI Mesh dynamically is something that is more of an obstacle, in SP. Because the AI can't dynamically change their navmesh in the middle of a battle AFAIK. Maybe Docm knows more about this.

Inzunza said:
Benjamin_von_Hamburg said:
Inzunza said:
*quietly waiting for Spain*

*Quietly waiting for the day of GLORIOUS release and too raid the land's of the ****ty Empire France (It's the actuall name in French xD)  with ze GLORIOUS Königreich Preußen* ( ß = double s )

y u explaining so much?

Pfft, Spain, Ottoman Empire is at the bottom of the list.

Something on topic: This may have been asked before, but what will happen to the land of people not made yet? Like the Ottoman empire or Spain, will it not be on the map? Or will it have some sort of neutral faction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom