The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I should post this elsewhere, but I've got an idea.

Once you get somewhere in an army, (as in joining one, and rising a few ranks) it would be fantastic if the general would ask you to do some morally controversial thing. Kind of like Colonel Tavington in The Patriot, for those who've seen it. You can accept, and remain under his command, you could decline and hope he doesn't exile you, or you could try to rise your troops up against him. This can link in to an honor system that involves AI. You could research generals and lords to find their acts, etc.

i have a doubt about the mod on the first post on feature list it say
-Military ranks earned in battle or purchased by commission
that means that will be using the freelancer or a new system similar
and another doubt that came a general will normally command how many mens?

Gimokes said:
i have a doubt about the mod on the first post on feature list it say
-Military ranks earned in battle or purchased by commission
that means that will be using the freelancer or a new system similar

There will be NO version of Freelancer or anything similar.

11sparky11 said:
I have a question about light infantry. How accurate will the rifles be? Iv'e seen some mods were they are pretty op, and was just wondering how much of an impact they have on a battle, in comparison with the effectiveness of normal infantry.

Right now rifles are almost twice as accurate as muskets, but it's not working real well so I'll probably make it more like 20-30%.

Any how. I guess I put it off any longer, so here goes...

I'm now looking for talented sceners to start on the singleplayer scenes.

I'm looking for people that can make a number of high quality, period accurate scenes under fairly strict time-constraints. I'll be able to provide some references, but a fair amount of creativity will be needed. If you want to contribute to the scenes, send me a PM with the best examples of your work. Don't post it in this thread. Inexperienced or unskilled sceners need not apply. I have a certain standard I'm not really willing to compromise on.

Thanks.

This is one of these occasions when I really would like to know modding. Now I just hope some finnish or swedish crabs the change so that, when their time comes, we would have authentic finnish scenes (which are my greatest personal fear at the moment). I would have tons of references for them, but zero scening experience, damn :sad:

It's a shame Temuzu is busy with training, I'm sure he could make good use of your resources.

I'm experienced with scening but I'm not sure I could meet time constraints reliably so I'll leave my name out.

There was a particular scener for Totsk, von Afton. I really liked his scenes, not sure if you would want to contact him or not but just putting it out there.

Gimokes said:
so how it work the military ranks?

You join factions by going one of their towns, where you must talk to a recruiter and you start as a common soldier. From there rising the ranks will be somewhat similar to freelancer, you advance by proving yourself in battle and capturing enemy standards and by every rank your party size will also grow. The main difference to freelancer is however, that you're never attached to lords' party, but you can roam freely even as a recruit.

either way i think the importand thing is to be able to actually do battles when you join your lord. i remember 4-6 months passing out without a single battle... just waiting and getting promotions.... then a small bandit hunt... and then all the same again and again till a good war was on and i got to do some fighting... but even then you have to choose between the Kings troops wich is very safe for joining but doesnt do many battles (mostly patroling the capital) and the lords that live at the edges of the kingdom that have a small number of soldiers and are alwais captured by enemies.... so my main point is that after a while it will get boring to be a line officer or musketeer in the army of a generall and not hunting down your own chances by building your own mercenary like party.

dinnerblaster said:
Gimokes said:
so how it work the military ranks?

You join factions by going one of their towns, where you must talk to a recruiter and you start as a common soldier. From there rising the ranks will be somewhat similar to freelancer, you advance by proving yourself in battle and capturing enemy standards and by every rank your party size will also grow. The main difference to freelancer is however, that you're never attached to lords' party, but you can roam freely even as a recruit.
and how many ranks it will have?
will be only soldier---> officer--> and general?

Docm30 said:
Here's a screenshot of the commission dialogue, since you asked for it.

commissionscreen.jpg

Ignore the woody theme---it was a test. And yes, I am aware of all the spelling mistakes; I wrote that code at some ungodly hour of the night and possibly drunk. None of the numbers there are final, either.

Bear in mind this screenshot is a year and a half old. There may be more ranks below sergeant-major, that you would have to earn with service, especially considering they have no associated commission to purchase (neither does sgt-major, in reality).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom