The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grin:То что много фракций-это очень хорошо,но здесь нужно не испортить игру,кроме дополнений и увеличений текстур ,хорошо бы еще дополнить и улучшить сам гейм-плей игры.Например:1.Возможность атаковать и блокировать в процессе приседания или прыжка.2.Возможность атаковать двумя руками(в обоих руках клинки или в одной клинок,а в другой пистолет).3.Стрельба в строю поочередно шеренгами,чтобы все не хаотично залпом или произвольно стреляли,а каждая шеренга производила залп по своему приказу.4.Гренадеры чтобы обладали гранатами и могли их метать.5.Егеря могли стрелять картечью на близкие расстояния для уничтожения нескольких солдат.6.Реальный строй КАРЭ для линейной пехоты и гренадеров.7.Стрельба кнителлями из пушки.8.Все всадники имели пистолеты в дополнение к основному оружию,а офицеры по два пистолета.9.Лошади чтобы не застревали на низких пеньках и бревнах,а сами перескакивали их.10.Всадники могли бы подзывать лошадей свистом.11.Чтобы лошади сами не ломились на игрока и не сбивали его сног.12.Желательно еще создать эффект земного притяжения чтобы удалить левитацию обьектов.13.Наличие в каждом полку знаменосца и музыкантов во время битвы чтобы они увеличивали дух и добавляли бонусы.

Leon2011 said:
:grin:То что много фракций-это очень хорошо,но здесь нужно не испортить игру,кроме дополнений и увеличений текстур ,хорошо бы еще дополнить и улучшить сам гейм-плей игры.Например:1.Возможность атаковать и блокировать в процессе приседания или прыжка.2.Возможность атаковать двумя руками(в обоих руках клинки или в одной клинок,а в другой пистолет).3.Стрельба в строю поочередно шеренгами,чтобы все не хаотично залпом или произвольно стреляли,а каждая шеренга производила залп по своему приказу.4.Гренадеры чтобы обладали гранатами и могли их метать.5.Егеря могли стрелять картечью на близкие расстояния для уничтожения нескольких солдат.6.Реальный строй КАРЭ для линейной пехоты и гренадеров.7.Стрельба кнителлями из пушки.8.Все всадники имели пистолеты в дополнение к основному оружию,а офицеры по два пистолета.9.Лошади чтобы не застревали на низких пеньках и бревнах,а сами перескакивали их.10.Всадники могли бы подзывать лошадей свистом.11.Чтобы лошади сами не ломились на игрока и не сбивали его сног.12.Желательно еще создать эффект земного притяжения чтобы удалить левитацию обьектов.13.Наличие в каждом полку знаменосца и музыкантов во время битвы чтобы они увеличивали дух и добавляли бонусы.
I think some of that is already being done, but there are some cool ideas in there.

Leon2011 said:
English part of the Forum buddy, go to the Russian section.

Most of his suggestions have been discussed more or less already, others are not possible.

Leon2011 said:
1. The ability to attack and block while crouching or jumping.
2. The ability to duel-wield a pistol and sword and attack with them both.
3. Firing by rank in an orderly fashion rather than mass volleys or firing at will, with each rank commanded by the player.
4. Grenadiers to possess grenades and be able throw them.
5. Skirmishers could shoot buckshot [or buck and ball] at close range to kill multiple soldiers.
6. Proper square formations for line infantry and grenadiers.
7. Shooting with [something] from the cannon.
8. All riders had pistols, and officers two pistols, in addition to their other weapons [and should have them in L'Aigle].
9. Horses that can jump or step over obstructions like stumps and logs on their own.
10. Riders could beckon horses by whistling.
11. Horses that naturally avoid humans and don't knock them off their feet so much.
12. Better gravity simulation to prevent floating objects.
13. The presence of flag-bearers and musicians should give bonuses to morale etc.

1. NW for example did remove attacking in mid-air probably to make the melee less ridiculous, but I can't imagine why crouch-attacks would be prohibited.
2. This can be done with a special pistol+sword weapon with a toggling fire mode. I predict animation difficulties as it gets shoe-horned into different weapon categories.
3. This is more or less already built into Warband now, and I'm sure Docm30 has tinkered with it.
4. Grenadiers were not actual grenadiers in this time period. They were merely heavy infantry. AI with grenades are also a bad idea in Warband, as previous modes have demonstrated.
5. Like NW's Grenzer with musketoons but applied to all light infantry? This could be done, but it wouldn't be elegant.
6. Square is already listed as a planned feature, but that remains to be seen.
7. I have no idea what "кнителлями" or "к нителлями" or "кинтеллями" means.
8. There's a limit to 4 weapon slots for any unit, and one would be taken up by ammunition. If carbines and pistols don't share ammo, then that's four slots gone right off the bat, leaving no room for a sword or lance. Somewhere a compromise has to be made.
9. Not possible.
10. This would be silly, like a cowboy movie, but actually very convenient for the player. I hate having my horse bugger off if I dismount for a few seconds.
11. This argument could go either way. Plenty of men have been plowed through by callous or frightened horses - ask a stuntman. They say you can't force a horse to trample a man by walking him over the victim on a calm prison yard, but you can certainly get tramped by a running horse in the smoke and din of a battle.
12. Apart from poor scene-work, objects almost never float to begin with.

There's definitely a mechanic in some mod (I think it might be PBOD) to beckon the player's horse back to them if it's alive.

Very useful when playing something along the lines of mounted infantry.

Oh. OH! Книппель; Well, that's bar-shot, the predecessor to chain shot. Neither properly has any use outside of naval battles and even then, only if the ships can move.

So next term I am taking my one and only non-technical elective, the history of Imperial Russia, and my Napoleonic fervour has been rekindled. Perhaps I will be able to use the mod as an educational resource, given the level of care and detail Docm has put into it.

Ȑ̷̗͔̑ͯ̿͜͡e̷̵̥̙̮͍̺ͩ̋ͬͮͭ̏̈́̆l̀̑̽̅̆͗̕͏͕͕ͅͅe͔̹͍̱̝̅͗̃ͫͦͧ̀̚ͅa̶̝ͧ̉̆̈́ͥ̂sͫ͋͏͎̮̬̖̥e̵̛͖̣̪͕̗ͯ͆̾̏̌ ͎͎̜̖̲͉̞̜̺̆̄ͤ̑͑̄ͣ̂t̬̅̒ͅḧ͙̘̠̟́ͬ̽̌̕͞͞ę̻̭̜͌̓͆́̌̈́͘ ̴̡̼̪̙̞͍̫̺̞̏̽̊͂͢m̓ͪ͌͌̒҉͇̙̗̯̜̫ö̶̵̡̘̲̆ͯ͌̍d̺̀ͨ̔́̏̎̓͠
̨̎̒̄̉ͭ͠҉͖͔͈̭

Zirkhovsky said:
"Release the mod!"
That's like telling your mother to serve you food that is not yet cooked.

Which would likely give you food poisoning.

Which gives me an idea. Docm, you should pm everyone that asks for the mod or a release date, and tell them they get to be a beta tester, and give them a virus disguised as the mod.

Well now they know.

Although, most of them barely even read the OP, let alone some random page of the thread, so it won't matter much.

Maybe have the virus just spam sound clips from Sharpe. Or the godawful female VO's from NW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom