The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Froi said:
PW/cRPG/Nord Invasion.

That. When a multiplayer mod has clearly something that sets it apart from the typical formula, it will tend to succeed. I think L'Aigle has some potential for that, as long as it does something new, perhaps with a cRPG-esque playing-the-game-to-enhance-your-character(s) factor, but one that keeps it balanced for large-scale events. Infantrymen could get buffs at shooting and melee, though slight, and NCOs could give off minor buffs to their nearby teammates, and officers could give off much more significant buffs to their teammates, all through self-picked choices. So NCOs/Officers of a guard regiment could buff their nearby teammates' melee stats significantly and their shooting stats slightly (while individual rankers buff their melee/shooting based on their own preferences, ie. what comes more naturally to them and what doesn't), while NCOs/Officers of a skirmisher regiment would likely buff their teammates' shooting abilities as much as possible, while individuals might buff their shooting and athletics further to make a better unit all-around when it comes to skirmishing. Of course, this means that regiments would be significantly better if their players constantly played and did well in public servers on their own time because they would be leveling their characters up, but the only thing I could imagine making this difficult (with the system itself, not necessarily with the logistics/administration of it) would be the regulation of Officers and NCOs. I'd assume you could implement some sort of clan system into the registry, so that IPs and accounts are linked to individual players, and those players must join their regiment's group via the website-or-whatever in order to get those buffs, therefore limiting how many "Officers" and "NCOs" there are. Of course, without that, you could just have everyone trained for officer and receive ridiculously broken buffs. It should be mentioned though that doing something along those cRPG-like lines would mean implementing things that would require so much more time and effort to do and might as well not be used for the sake of still releasing the MP side of this mod without a few more impatient children wetting their pants over it. Regardless, it's an idea, at least, more so to pass the time discussing than to see in L'Aigle.

I don't know, this mod will be way better than Napoleonic Wars, I mean, it will have more factions, singleplayer, lot's of historically accurate armors, weapons etc.

This mod will be perfect when it is released, and it will have a lot of players on it's servers.

Sir Audiate said:
Froi said:
PW/cRPG/Nord Invasion.

That. When a multiplayer mod has clearly something that sets it apart from the typical formula, it will tend to succeed. I think L'Aigle has some potential for that, as long as it does something new, perhaps with a cRPG-esque playing-the-game-to-enhance-your-character(s) factor, but one that keeps it balanced for large-scale events. Infantrymen could get buffs at shooting and melee, though slight, and NCOs could give off minor buffs to their nearby teammates, and officers could give off much more significant buffs to their teammates, all through self-picked choices. So NCOs/Officers of a guard regiment could buff their nearby teammates' melee stats significantly and their shooting stats slightly (while individual rankers buff their melee/shooting based on their own preferences, ie. what comes more naturally to them and what doesn't), while NCOs/Officers of a skirmisher regiment would likely buff their teammates' shooting abilities as much as possible, while individuals might buff their shooting and athletics further to make a better unit all-around when it comes to skirmishing. Of course, this means that regiments would be significantly better if their players constantly played and did well in public servers on their own time because they would be leveling their characters up, but the only thing I could imagine making this difficult (with the system itself, not necessarily with the logistics/administration of it) would be the regulation of Officers and NCOs. I'd assume you could implement some sort of clan system into the registry, so that IPs and accounts are linked to individual players, and those players must join their regiment's group via the website-or-whatever in order to get those buffs, therefore limiting how many "Officers" and "NCOs" there are. Of course, without that, you could just have everyone trained for officer and receive ridiculously broken buffs. It should be mentioned though that doing something along those cRPG-like lines would mean implementing things that would require so much more time and effort to do and might as well not be used for the sake of still releasing the MP side of this mod without a few more impatient children wetting their pants over it. Regardless, it's an idea, at least, more so to pass the time discussing than to see in L'Aigle.
That seems waaaaaay to be ambitious for L'Aigle.

Edit: Besides, one of the reasons I've played as much Mount and Blade: NW multiplayer as i have is that everyone has the same weapons, armor, stats and in general the same conditions under which to perform. As I understand L'Aigle is also doing away with the gold system of native. This means that the more skilled player is more likely to do well, which i believe is an incredibly important part of a succesful multiplayer game.

Sir Audiate said:
Froi said:
PW/cRPG/Nord Invasion.

We'll do it in post

In all seriousness, this seems a very... very large amount. And this is Wolfstar's doing alone.

Heroes_Witch_King said:
This mod will be perfect when it is released, and it will have a lot of players on it's servers.
Never just assume something like that, it can only lead into dissapointment. Enough people believed the Iron Europe release to be perfect as well. See how that turned out.

Even though I have great hopes for it as well. Mostly pointed at the SP though, not really looking forward to the MP.

Sir Audiate said:
Froi said:
PW/cRPG/Nord Invasion.

Have you ever heard of paragraphs?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

USE THEM!

Yde said:
Edit: Besides, one of the reasons I've played as much Mount and Blade: NW multiplayer as i have is that everyone has the same weapons, armor, stats and in general the same conditions under which to perform.

Indeed, it's very relaxing for a multiplayer to be about raw skill, for once, like they used to. On the other hand, the game is simply Quake with muskets and a psychological game of trust in the deathmatch (Caribbean_Island and Tropical_Islands, if you've been there you know what I mean).

I can't know for sure, but I'd imagine L'Aigle being the more realistic multiplayer. Therefore I find it disturbing when many L'Aigle fans proudly announce the death to NW. NW is simply the Quake/CS option: simple, challengin and fun and L'Aigle will be something differend, so I think the comparison is out of place. They (will) offer differend experiences and differend kind of gameplay and therefore are both precious in their own way.

I can't deny it, I like NW.

I feel a strange compulsion to say something about the page number we're on...Must...Not...Let.. Immaturity take over...

Anyways, what exactly is the new system that is from what I hear going to be a better 'freelancer' system going to be about? Or if someone direct me to the post where I can read on it?

The only post I found with Docm saying anything about freelancer is this:

Docm30 said:
Customisable uniforms are just not possible with things being the way they are.

I've said as much about formations as I can, and there's no freelancer, so I haven't got anything to say about those things.

I've considered having a training bit upon recruitment, but I don't know if I will.

Das Longbowman said:
The only post I found with Docm saying anything about freelancer is this:

Docm30 said:
Customisable uniforms are just not possible with things being the way they are.

I've said as much about formations as I can, and there's no freelancer, so I haven't got anything to say about those things.

I've considered having a training bit upon recruitment, but I don't know if I will.
Hmm, I thought I recalled someone saying that there was no freelancer in it's current form, but Docm was coding a better or more unique system just for this mod.

Maybe I could be very mistaken. Anyways thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom