The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see whats going on in the L'AIGLE thread
206m1kx.gif

Docm30 said:
When a studio delays a game it's for the best because it gives them more time to work on it. When I delay a mod I'm a "cocksucker", apparently.

OrangeKnight said:
I still dont get how people are getting mad at someone creating a project for them in their own free time and making sure the mod is top notch.

Same reason certain people criticise volunteer workers as self-righteous; it's usually related to a deep-rooted insecurity.
I guarantee if you gave out a workable demo, "insecure" people like me would leave you alone. Then you could get valuable feedback and make the game look like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpqbQPxy6b4.

Dude. It's a mod for free. Why the hell are you hassling him because he had to make a few delays. This **** happens, why don't you try to make a total conversion mod of this size on your own, because L'Aigle isn't the only mod here that's been in development for years.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Dude. It's a mod for free. Why the hell are you hassling him because he had to make a few delays. This **** happens, why don't you try to make a total conversion mod of this size on your own, because L'Aigle isn't the only mod here that's been in development for years.
If I did, i would give out a demo three years after I've been in development so my fans and supporters could give me feedback. Seriously, how hard is it to make a demo, give it out and have all the annoying people eat that while I crank out the rest of the game. 1257 A.D did that and look, they are better than ever. Same with 16th century.
You have to understand that as a big fan of the Napoleonic Wars time period, how crushing it is to have a set timeframe and to have that time frame pissed on.
He's making the mod on his own time, i understand that and I thank him for it, but it isn't smart to say, coming 2013 and then still be in development months thereafter with nothing to show for it other than his word and some pictures of scenes. Im sure you as much as I would LOVE a demo at the very least.
You'll respond with, its his mod, he can do what he wants. And So he has, but people are getting angry, as proven by the bull**** on the past few pages that have nothing what so ever to do with the topic on the forum. I am here arguing my opinion on why i am angry with Docm as is my right as a fan of the mod.

Calm down guys. Understand, the mod is made by Docm30, I am sure he wants to give the best he has to us in the mod, but he needs time, he has a life to live, and the mod is not yours, it's his.

Huh, just when I ran out of popcorn. Well okay I ran out of cookies but they both serve the same purpose. Anyway what the balls is a jagweed? The first thing that came to my mind was something that grows on the bottom of a body of water.
I know what google is, just trying to wrenche this away from talking about the trolls.

E: Pointless update on cookie situation (as we've still got around 300 pages left till the next official one): there's still one left!

Stop complaining about the mod, go outside and play tag or some **** like kids your age should.  Better yet, go make your own mod, and when you're done, feel free to PM me the link!

Docm- Continue the amazing work you have done so far!  I for one am content with screenshots lol.

Toodles!

I feel like the ****ty attitudes are a clear sign that the person cares too much.

I've been with L'Aigle for longer than I've had this account, and I've created it just to interact with this thread. I only really come to these forums to check in on L'Aigle, and do so more or less daily.

But when L'Aigle releases it won't be an earth-shattering experience that changes everything for me. It will be a game that I expect to very much enjoy, based on the material releases so far and etc.

I have other games that I very much enjoy. Sure there's no vidjamagames that suit my interests in this era, but what does that matter? If I'm feeling Napoleonic I can go paint some minis, or break out one of my board games. This is a world full of ways to while away the hours, and although I look forward to the release of L'Aigle I doubt that I'll spend as many years playing it as I did waiting for the release - the mind is a fickle thing, after all and there will always be something else to wait for. It's best to get used to being patient, unless you intend to spend your life working through backlogs of already released material.

I could honestly care less if you think I am a troll or not, I am not stating what im saying to make anyone angry, I'm saying it because of people doing this kind of bull****. Maybe if people like me had pestered the makers of the Peloponnesian war or Twilight of the Sun King, the development wouldn't have died. I care about this mod very much, more so than anyone thinks i do because of the things I'm saying.
I want a Napoleonic Mod, I want it. Plain and simple. Can I make one for myself? No.
Docm is taking a bold undertaking making this mod for us, but we as fans have to draw the line when timeframes are given.

Ah, I didn't realise that you wanted the mod. I guess you're perfectly justified in calling me a lying with homophobic slurs.

General Revan said:
Maybe if people like me had pestered the makers of the Peloponnesian war or Twilight of the Sun King, the development wouldn't have died.

I may say this a lot, but in this case I legitimately can't human being with their higher functions intact could be that stupid. I ceased to be that entitled, childish and self-centred when I turned 4. It's especially heinous that you'd bring up The Peloponnesian War, apparently totally ignorant of the problems Lynores has had. At least trolls are out for a lark; you're really just that awful, aren't you?

You have contributed nothing and are therefore owned nothing, entitled to nothing and have no rights. I am eternally grateful for the support of the real fans (the none awful ones), but if they've sacrificed nothing, they're owed nothing.

@ Revan

I really don't understand how you think releasing an uncompleted mod would produce valuable feedback. Or that your "feedback" is at all as valuable as you believe it to be.

Btw, I haven't been too active, but wasn't a certain Revan banned before? Or am I getting mixed up with people/names?

Docm30 said:
Ah, I didn't realise that you wanted the mod. I guess you're perfectly justified in calling me a lying with homophobic slurs.

General Revan said:
Maybe if people like me had pestered the makers of the Peloponnesian war or Twilight of the Sun King, the development wouldn't have died.

I may say this a lot, but in this case I legitimately can't human being with their higher functions intact could be that stupid. I ceased to be that entitled, childish and self-centred when I turned 4. It's especially heinous that you'd bring up The Peloponnesian War, apparently totally ignorant of the problems Lynores has had. At least trolls are out for a lark; you're really just that awful, aren't you?

You have contributed nothing and are therefore owned nothing, entitled to nothing and have no rights. I am eternally grateful for the support of the real fans (the none awful ones), but if they've sacrificed nothing, they're owed nothing.
What happens to a man does not interest me. He failed a project and therefore failed, regardless of anything that occurred to him. And no, it is not heinous. I enjoyed that mod and was rather saddened that development ceased and I am entitled to think what i please. As for am I an awful person, why yes I am. Regardless of what you or any other bottom dweller believes, you promise results you better deliver else dont make the stupid announcement and put hours in to work only to say screw IT and all the fans of my product. And you can be a fan of a product but hate the creator I.E Total War and hating Creative Assembly.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
@ Revan

I really don't understand how you think releasing an uncompleted mod would produce valuable feedback. Or that your "feedback" is at all as valuable as you believe it to be.

Btw, I haven't been too active, but wasn't a certain Revan banned before? Or am I getting mixed up with people/names?
I dont think so

Twilight of the Sun King's lead programmer suffered serious medical and psychological problems and basically had to quit to focus on her real life. "Tough love" and starting fires under their butts wouldn't do much good - if anything it would have been harmful.

If you don't know what's going on, you really shouldn't run your mouth.

And Docm, shouldn't you be doing more important things than argueing with me or calling me a child. Like IDK, working on the mod you promised to give to your fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom