The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
oShovah Farsight said:
Pro-French? 
Then i am not so happy at all.

I prefer them fighting at the side of Wellingtons Army, covering his flank and stopping the French advance.
Have to wait till it's 1814 and the battle of Quatre Bras where we can show how well an army we are.
It may please you to know that the Franco-Dutch alliance is tenuous at best and France always seems to attack them after a while. With the player's intervention, the French might just be beaten back.

Mikeyo, that's a solid idea to consider in the future, but right now joining an army is more or less the same as vanilla, except with ranks. One difference is that you can join normally (i.e. you require a certain amount of renown/centres) as an officer or you can join as a private (with no requirements).

Anyway, someone wanted map pictures?
map1oe.jpg

map2d.jpg

map3g.jpg

map4r.jpg
Great work Docm! In the London Picture, is that Cardiff, or Bristol I see to the left? And if it is Bristol, are you going to include any Welsh settlements? i.e Towns, viallages, for the morons! :grin:

The year is 1812 right? :smile: I think it is, b'cuz Serbia's name is " Principality .... ", and the Principality <"Kneževina"> was declared in 1812 by Karageorge, and his Vojvoda - Milosh Obrenovich <2nd in command>

If it's before 1812, the ranks are the same, yet Serbia should be named " Serbian Revolutionary State "

Agovic said:
The year is 1812 right? :smile: I think it is, b'cuz Serbia's name is " Principality .... ", and the Principality <"Kneževina"> was declared in 1812 by Karageorge, and his Vojvoda - Milosh Obrenovich <2nd in command>

If it's before 1812, the ranks are the same, yet Serbia should be named " Serbian Revolutionary State "
its a peninsula war mod mainly so 1809-1812/13

How will right rule system work in game?

It vanilla you get your right to rule/legitimacy thought followers tell prophecy about you or just saying how bad ass you are, combo throught forces of arms.

Maybe you could quest available own reach a high rank and renown, you can talk to other high ranking officers is starting coup, seating up new government, you as leader/consul/king/prime minister/prince bishop.

My question Docm 30 do have any interesting idea how to use right to rule system, for this revolutionary age?

JoelMB12 said:
Maybe you could quest avaiable own reach a high rank and renown, you can talk to other high ranking officers is starting coup, seting up new goverment, you as leader/consul/king/prime minister/prince bishop.
this is a good idear :grin:

Connzcdf said:
Docm30 said:
oShovah Farsight said:
Pro-French? 

I prefer them fighting at the side of Wellingtons Army, covering his flank and stopping the French advance.
Have to wait till it's 1814 and the battle of Quatre Bras where we can show how well an army we are.
It may please you to know that the Franco-Dutch alliance is tenuous at best and France always seems to attack them after a while. With the player's intervention, the French might just be beaten back.

Mikeyo, that's a solid idea to consider in the future, but right now joining an army is more or less the same as vanilla, except with ranks. One difference is that you can join normally (i.e. you require a certain amount of renown/centres) as an officer or you can join as a private (with no requirements).

map1oe.jpg

map2d.jpg

map3g.jpg

map4r.jpg
Great work Docm! In the London Picture, is that Cardiff, or Bristol I see to the left? And if it is Bristol, are you going to include any Welsh settlements? i.e Towns, viallages, for the morons! :grin:
It's Cardiff. Wales also has Wrexham, Caernarvon, Carmarthen and will probably get another castle when I give the UK more settlements.

Yes, I did change the water material. This one looks much better and has reflection, animation and a normal-map.

Joel, I haven't really thought too much about all that, as I am focusing on getting the basic gameplay working well, first. I'll let you know how it works when I know.

zac, the mod's about 300 megs right now. By the time it's ready to release, it will probably be a bit less than a gig, which, when compressed, isn't that bad.

For the Water texture I have a suggestion, make the image smaller duplicate it like 4 times (if its seamless) Because the waves are to big and it just doesnt match.

Anything below 15 GB will be downloaded xD :grin: There was one uber-strong compressor but I forgot it's name... KGB something xP Don't remember, will send a link soon ( it like compresses Age of Empires 3 install files into 70 MB )

Docm30 said:
Connzcdf said:
Docm30 said:
oShovah Farsight said:
Pro-French? 

map1oe.jpg

map2d.jpg

map3g.jpg

map4r.jpg
It's Cardiff. Wales also has Wrexham, Caernarvon, Carmarthen and will probably get another castle when I give the UK more settlements.

Yes, I did change the water material. This one looks much better and has reflection, animation and a normal-map.

Joel, I haven't really thought too much about all that, as I am focusing on getting the basic gameplay working well, first. I'll let you know how it works when I know.

zac, the mod's about 300 megs right now. By the time it's ready to release, it will probably be a bit less than a gig, which, when compressed, isn't that bad.
Yay! Thanks docm, for at least putting some Welsh settlements in. And you may have been thinking this, but if you decide to get more settlements in Wales, can I suggest Pembrokeshire? As this is where General Picton is from, and being a key character in the era, deserves his home town placed, in my view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZw2vAtktk&feature=related

" Ko to kaže, ko to laže
Srbija je mala
Nije mala, nije mala,
Uvijek ratovala! "

" Who is saying, who is lying
Serbia is small
It ain't small, it ain't small
It was always in a war! " :grin:

Luv the song :grin: :grin:

Agovic said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZw2vAtktk&feature=related