The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikeyo said:
Question are we going  to be controlling the nation in the campaign or are we going to be a private, or can we be a private who can rise in the ranks and choose a regiment to enlist from like the freelancer mod, but you can enlist in different areas, for example a village on the North West of England, you can join the 33rd, or choose a path of a officer or a senior officer and choose from the beginning which regiment you are apart of, because I think it would be a nice take on it

We buy comission for private to division General.

Jaume said:
Thanks Docm30, take your time, nothing happens, and as hoju says, look to see those uniforms, etc. .... there is plenty of material created that never came to light and can certainly come in handy

I was thinking in scene props and such more than uniforms. Docm30's uniforms already are the best ever seen in Warband.

Radetzky said:
Vicccard said:
Docm30 said:
Captured Joe said:
Radetzky said:
Anyway in my first game I'm gonna start in Austria, get the awesome austrian officer grey-black overcoat (if there will be one?) and raise regiment of jägers.
I totally agree on the awesomeness of the Austrian grey-black overcoat (called überrock in German). I'd very much like to see it in-game!
I always thought it was among the smartest uniforms from the period. I imagine most Austrian players will want to wear one (and maybe even forgo the less dashing general's uniform).

Could someone please show me a pic of this so-called 'smart uniform' ?  :mrgreen:
Google gives too many pictures  :roll:

oShovah Farsight said:
..... The Dutch are in it. Wonderful.

May I remind you that these are the pro-French dutch, the ones in white uniforms, not blue like on Waterloo, when they fought against boney.
funckenaustrians.jpg

Omg...IwannaIwannaIwanna  :grin:

Vicccard said:
Docm30 said:
Captured Joe said:
Radetzky said:
Anyway in my first game I'm gonna start in Austria, get the awesome austrian officer grey-black overcoat (if there will be one?) and raise regiment of jägers.
I totally agree on the awesomeness of the Austrian grey-black overcoat (called überrock in German). I'd very much like to see it in-game!
I always thought it was among the smartest uniforms from the period. I imagine most Austrian players will want to wear one (and maybe even forgo the less dashing general's uniform).

Could someone please show me a pic of this so-called 'smart uniform' ?  :mrgreen:
Google gives too many pictures  :roll:

oShovah Farsight said:
..... The Dutch are in it. Wonderful.

May I remind you that these are the pro-French dutch, the ones in white uniforms, not blue like on Waterloo, when they fought against boney.

Pro-French? 
Then i am not so happy at all.

I prefer them fighting at the side of Wellingtons Army, covering his flank and stopping the French advance.
Have to wait till it's 1814 and the battle of Quatre Bras where we can show how well an army we are.

This might help with the Swiss (the models that is)

Hopefully you can base yours off them

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=10246609#post10246609

oShovah Farsight said:
I prefer them fighting at the side of Wellingtons Army, covering his flank and stopping the French advance.
Have to wait till it's 1814 and the battle of Quatre Bras where we can show how well an army we are.

Well, you might like the 1812-1815 mod  :wink:

But for me: A LA VICTOIRE! VIVE...L'EMPEREUR!

oShovah Farsight said:
Pro-French? 

It may please you to know that the Franco-Dutch alliance is tenuous at best and France always seems to attack them after a while. With the player's intervention, the French might just be beaten back.

Mikeyo, that's a solid idea to consider in the future, but right now joining an army is more or less the same as vanilla, except with ranks. One difference is that you can join normally (i.e. you require a certain amount of renown/centres) as an officer or you can join as a private (with no requirements).

Anyway, someone wanted map pictures?
map1oe.jpg

map2d.jpg

map3g.jpg

map4r.jpg

Will this mod have strategic AI fit for the time period? And maybe some formations, volley-fire, and new orders for your men for better gameplay? :grin:

Docm30 said:
oShovah Farsight said:
Pro-French? 

It may please you to know that the Franco-Dutch alliance is tenuous at best and France always seems to attack them after a while. With the player's intervention, the French might just be beaten back.

Mikeyo, that's a solid idea to consider in the future, but right now joining an army is more or less the same as vanilla, except with ranks. One difference is that you can join normally (i.e. you require a certain amount of renown/centres) as an officer or you can join as a private (with no requirements).

map1oe.jpg

map2d.jpg

map3g.jpg

map4r.jpg

Then i have no other choice then to intervene and beat back the French.
Sorry Vicccard. Seems we will not be fighting on the same side of the battlefield.

Docm30 said:
oShovah Farsight said:
Pro-French? 

map1oe.jpg

map2d.jpg

map3g.jpg

map4r.jpg
NOOOO!

Well, what could you expect from a Frenchmen eh?
I'll protect my country TO THE DEATH! (and else I'll just go in exile in Britian  :mrgreen:)
So don't worry oShovah! We shall yet be fighting at the same side  :wink:

So: A LA VICTOIRE! VIVE....LE....ROI!

Great pictures! I love how you made the icons smaller, the map automatically looks bigger  :smile:

One question about the map, since there is London, did you implement some sort of seafearing?

Mod looks awesome so far, keep up the great work =)

Why don't you add some graphical enhancements such as
Realistic Colors mod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,120098.0.html
or
Movie WB view
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150311.0.html
and
Calradia in Darkness(Horizons only.The other 2 mods look more realistic.)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157802.msg3795045.html#msg3795045

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom