SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi said:
Gall900
I suppose you didn't play much the mod or even wfas.
Polish hussars start only with lances and no other weapons. And probably you haven't seen the Hussars are completely useless against a wagon fort.

I played WFaS a lot, but now I checked it and you're right, I was mistaken about the mod. They start with only lances.

006.jpg

Is this mod still being worked on? Really enjoying it, having a massive Poland obsession right now - was wondering if you could integrate the hair with headgear mod?

After spending a loooong time playing this mod, I can most certainly say it's pretty damn good. I also like the new companions, although I question why Boldizsár's name is missing the Á. M&B can handle these kind of letters, I believe.

Also, something which struck me during gameplay - I run a company of 67 Hungarian Hussars, Sarabun and Boldizsár. 25 of them are Hussar Officers, which isn't too plausible from a historical viewpoint. I think the Mercernary Hungarian Hussars should get another branch to level up into, something along the lines of "Battle-Hardened Hungarian Hussar" with some minor skill increase and better equipment, like chainmail armor.

There is another thing which I was wondering about. How come they don't have the Hussartarch?

Thanks.
Other names also miss national characters like Tepes who should be Țepeș. That's all. It's pretty easy to edit it in the language file 'troops.csv'.

Don't upgrade so many hussars and problem solved. :smile:
An intermediate level would be a solution as well. However every troop in the game has only one upgrade option. I will consider this if I make an update. Maybe next year.

Hungarian hussars didn't use shields in this period.

Polish players,
if you are interested to have a Polish language option to my mod you may have it. Kielbaldo made the translations but there are some bugs to solve. Write me if you are interested identifying them. You need to start the mod and see which type of dialogs are correct and which are wrong. That's all.

Hi Csatádi! I'll send you an email shortly. I'm a Polish player, and I'd definitely be interested in checking out the translations. In fact, for months and months I've been meaning to do the translations myself, since it seems mainly to be a matter of slightly altering the text files from the Polish edition of the game. The fact that I haven't even been able to make a start on that tells you just how "much" spare time I have, but hey, this might be just the thing to inspire me to find more time for modding :smile:.

If you ever decide to get back to this mod, I'd just like to leave a few suggestions;

The recently released WFAS Enhanced Unofficial is an open source mod with several amazing enhancements I'd like to see in your mod. I like the mod but it does take some liberties in changing things that didn't need changing. I'm thinking and hoping other WFAS enthusiasts could salvage the good bits.

- It has a lance breaking script. Meaning hussar lances actually break upon impact, rather than transform, followed by the AI drawing their swords. Very immersive and impressive to see. Works flawlessly too.

- It adds enhanced vegetation, skyboxes and map borders(gone are the ugly hills) in such a subtle way that stays true to to the inteded wfas look while just enhancing it, without the slightest performance hit.
RQTwr.jpg
gJXoR.jpg
- Adds some very appropriate unique companion gear and armaments without going over the top. (I think this was always meant to be in WFAS, salvaged from the Russian version of the mod)
PdpQw.jpg

- Has enhanced physics, really satisfying stuff.

That's the bits I love that are now hard to play without in other mods, but I'm sure there's more, too. Anyway, do what you will with these suggestions, just could not resist leaving them out there. :razz:

OK, here you are a small upgrade which gives the Black Mace an early medieval appearance. :smile:
Just for those who follows the forum. :wink:
It's save game compatible.

13zwfhj.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v0mgdx5okcsxbgk/Improved_Black_Mace.zip

Hello. I liked the mod very much. I would like to make a mod myself, some game fixes that I want. Could you tell me how to modify the overland map? I tried M&B Map Editor but it did not work...

Csatádi said:
I know only the M&B Map Editor. It works but you need to put the files to an original M&B mod folder.
Did you use the map of Caldaria as a template or the WFaS map? And which files should I put?

If you want to mod wfas map you need to put the wfas mod files there. Copy simply everything from the mod folder.
This is my last suggestion. I don't want to spam my own topic any longer. Good luck!

for my reference and anybody else deciding their party

npc relations chart from an earlier post:

4651ee.png

i lost some disgruntled companions from my party will they eventually come back to the game world?

@Big Gigantic Butt

Yes the relations are the same. I put the table to the first post.
You may meet companions who left the party in the inns after some weeks respawning time.

i had no blunt weapon to use for the capture-the-spy quest to knock them unconscious so i had to use the frying pan

DbpfNLO.jpg

gzeUt2W.jpg

0c8vaVg.jpg

also does anyone know if a pistol (dutch) or bow (0 power draw, if that matters) has a longer range when given to a companion.  i'm not sure if it's best to give my 6 str. companions a pistol or a masterwork simple bow.  i want them to kill to get exp holding ground

if they both had the same range i'd also have to consider bow would need 2 hits to kill so they probably wouldn't get as many kills even though pistol has longer reload

Back
Top Bottom