Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeah I did read about that. But that whole thing is odd, so I dunno. I always viewed it as a separate world, but I dunno. I always just viewed Lord of the Rings as the... what's the word, standard bearer for High Fantasy.  :???:

:lol:

But really, not too much fantasy pls. Having a diffrent world is an awesome idea. What they did, was to be able to **** around with all time periods and put them into one world, where people wouldn't complain about the timeperiod, and then go realistic on the rest. It's an awesome thing to do really, avoided all trouble and could satisfy people who like diffrent timperiods, cultures, etc.

Ok, it's spoiler time! Gather around kids.

No low or high fantasy. There will be only humans... and flying squirrels who will fight a bloody war for the throne of Calradia.

Ragnor said:

No low or high fantasy. There will be only humans... and flying squirrels who will fight a bloody war for the throne of Calradia.

The Flying Squirrels should be an infamous mercenary gang, looting, tricking, raping and plundering in Calradia, that you are ordered to hunt down and kill.

Haresus said:
Ragnor said:

The Flying Squirrels should be an infamous mercenary gang, looting, tricking, raping and plundering in Calradia, that you are ordered to hunt down and kill.
The Knights Of the Flying Squirrel?

Comrade Temuzu said:
Splintert said:
It's not particularly a lore-heavy game.
It can be if you want it to be. There's plenty of lore all around, each companion for example has bits and pieces of it.
Warband's lore is very poor if you've seen better (PoP, TEATRC). Compare the companion interactions to Dragon Age, that should be the standard.

Well, fictional covers everything that has ever been made up and isn't real, so yeah I would agree that it is at least fictional.  :razz:

But as far as I know, and I don't know a lot, Calradia is set on a fictional world, rather than set on Earth. And that is (one of) the definition of Low Fantasy. I guess it is very much debatable though.

Well if it is some other world, then it's low fantasy. If it's on Earth, it's alternate history.
Ultimately, I don't think it matters either way and I'm perfectly fine with it being ambiguous. As long as there's no magic nonsense, I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom