Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my expert opinion which, in my expert opinion, proves the detailed character we see in the trailer IS a screenshot of a game model and we will be overly surprised by how much the graphics have improved.

As you can see, the light shining off the helmet proves this isn't just a drawing. We could be getting graphics as detailed as this.
54335050972172905716449.jpg

Haresus said:
Mount and Blade II: The Big Cheese
That's what they really meant, I guess, but that got lost in a literal translation.
Ringwraith was right for the wrong reason, "Bannerlord" sucks - it's a fine example of mild Engrish.

Generally game developers don't completely trash their original successful engines and rewrite an entirely new engine. They'll enhance, optimize and revamp certain areas while still retaining the core features of the original engine and sometimes implement middleware solutions ie.physics/animations/lighting etc..

froggyluv said:
Generally game developers don't completely trash their original successful engines and rewrite an entirely new engine. They'll enhance, optimize and revamp certain areas while still retaining the core features of the original engine and sometimes implement middleware solutions ie.physics/animations/lighting etc..
I wouldn't really call M&B's engine itself successful; rather, the game overall is (don't get me wrong, and it's charming if not heavy-handed for modding): only 1.5 other companies use it, despite the number of purchases for a post-indie niche game. The reason many of the game engines you see don't go through drastic changes is due to external licensing.

The fact of the matter is, many of the "core features" are outdated and based on a lot of "learning code." They don't necessarily have scrap the whole project, but there is most likely a lot of heavy refactoring in the core areas, making M&BII an entirely different beast.

I personally love the Warband engine. Maybe it's because I've dumped nearly 2000 hours into it, but I'm used to how it works, working around its quirks and stuff. It just makes sense. A lot of game's engines feel awkward after having used Warband's so much.

It might have something to do with being a purely PC thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom