Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it's been announced at last. Surprised they decided to add a subtitle to 'Mount & Blade 2' but I'm not enough of a ringwraith to make a fuss about it, 'suppose. Hell, I daresay I even like the name. Hard to speculate on such a tiny amount of information, though 'Bannerlord' might allude to a heavier emphasis on vassalage relations this time 'round? In any case, seems like we've got something to look forward to.

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Great, finally announced. Also the Nord guy in the teaser seems to be wearing something similar to a Kuyak. o:

@ The "Warband isn't a real word" discussion, I've always related Warband with these guys:
SpearWarbandShowcase.jpg

Jock said:
Great, finally announced. Also the Nord guy in the teaser seems to be wearing something similar to a Kuyak. o:

@ The "Warband isn't a real word" discussion, I've always related Warband with these guys:
SpearWarbandShowcase.jpg
i actually laughed out loud...
stinky britons

I would have been happy had M&B2 been; Warband with improved, smoothed out, mechanics. I'm excited.

Orion said:
Lots of sequels and expansions have titles that rely on prior knowledge of past games. :roll: Your previous example of Skyrim is one such game. It's part of the Elder Scrolls series, being the fifth installment, but to anyone who isn't familiar with TES lore the name "Skyrim" has no meaning. It's not a real word (despite your anagram argument, especially not an English one considering Skrymir is just an anglicized spelling of the name of a giant from Norse mythology), its constituent parts can be inferred to mean a variety of things (the first synonym to a "sky rim" I come up with is "horizon," not magical snowy dragon land), and it can only be explained by playing or by having previous knowledge of the series (where Skyrim is described as a northern province, homeland of the Nords, etc.).

This is not a difficult concept, Ringwraith. You're throwing us oranges and saying they're apples, but when we throw them back you insist that they're oranges because you're not the one throwing them. Stop being a ****ing hypocrite all the time.
You're forgetting that TES is just a tiny bit more established and widely known in the gamer community than M&B. Not to mention the fact that "Skyrim" is a pretty major thing within the Elder Scrolls series, whereas with "bannerlord" you had to add "or something like that" to your interpretation, because even as a M&B fan you couldn't be certain what the hell it's supposed to be.
Once again, the reason why I treat most people here like idiots? That right there's why. Stop throwing poorly thought out arguments that read like they came out of the mind of a six year old at me and I'll stop being a condescending ******* to you.

Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Oh ffs...

It's funny that first people were like "ACCOUNCE IT YOU BIATCHES, NAO!", now when it's announced people are like "STUPID TEASER, WE WANT GAMEPLAY AND SCREENSHOTS AND INFO!"

I agree though. And first when I heard the name I thought it was pretty meh, but I have already begun to like it.

So the name is the new Frodogorn by the looks of it...

Regardless its nice to hear something, even if it doesnt tell us anything.

tansvanio said:
for they will carve for flesh!
Carve for flesh? Sounds like my policy in Dwarf Fortress, where all my eventual military draftees are also engravers. Urist! Go draw me a picture of cheese on that wall then go out and get your brain dented by that zombie giant kea trying to make off with that table!

I expect Taleworlds will wait until the buzz from War of the Roses and Chivalry dies down, and then release a lot of info since they'll be a vacuum in this genre waiting to be filled by their ample mount and blade bosoms. (Pictured as graphically as one wishes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom