The Wild Wind Tutorial!

Users who are viewing this thread

I did Host Game but i cant do anything in it... Its not possible to do it if i Host a Server??
Also there are no TWW Servers ...

Hey everyone, it's me, General Awesome. Lately I've been noticing that a lot of new players don't have a clue what to so in the mod, in-game and on the forums. Hopefully this tutorial I whipped up should clear some of that confusion.

THE WILD WIND
A MULTIPLAYER MODIFICATION FOR M&B:WARBAND BY SHREDZORZ- THE UNOFFICAL TUTORIAL

GENERAL INFORMATION
The Wild Wind (TWW) is role-playing mod with unique sandbox elements set in the American west roughly from the late 1860s to 1890. As all servers are currently for RP, meaning:
- No randoming (killing people for a non-rp reason)
- Role-playing is encouraged, but not mandatory
-Role-play names (for example one of mine is "Edward Black") are encouraged. Non-roleplaying names (for example ULTIMATE_KILLERZ or M&M clan names) or discouraged

Some important (default) keys to remember:
Tab - opens the menu of all sub-menus.
Q - opens the prop history menu (on the right), as well as icons that allow you to open the building menu, the inventory, the help menu, the interface options, and the skill sheet
B - Opens building menu
I - Opens inventory
U - Opens local chat
O - Opens administrator chat
E (F, in v0.13) - shows player names
C - crouch

Also:
To remove a item from your inventory right click it.
To consume an item do the same thing as above but left click it.

To start playing, press tab, go to the buy menu over the big white x and buy some tools to gather resources with.

RESOURCE GATHERING
Wood: Go up to a tree with hatchet (axe) and hit it until it falls down. Then continue hitting the tree. this is very more efficient with a high woodcutting skill.
Metals and Stone: Go to one of the several mines placed around the map. Hit the mine with a pickaxe and depending on what stone you mine you get different items. gets more efficient with higher mining skill.
Food: Find a deer. Shoot it.
Cloth:  Spawn sheep. Then whack the sheep with your shears.
Rawhide: Shoot deer, it can be made into hats.
Water: Get a bucket (you spawn with one). Go to a river. Holding the bucket hit the water. Alternately, find a well and press "F" near it.

COOKING
With a fire: Get raw meat. Hold "F" at fire.

CRAFTING
The Forge: Forges are used to smelt ore. Get Iron or Iron and Carbon and smelt to Iron bars or Steel bars respectively.
The Workbench/Anvil: Craft weapons or tools and similiar here.
CRAFTABLE ITEMS
-Clothing: Clothing requires cloth (all clothes except a certain hat) or rawhide.
-Melee Weapons and Tools: Most of these require steel/iron and wood.
-Gun Parts: Before you can craft a gun you need the gun parts. Craft these first. All use steel or wood.
-Guns: All guns have three parts. You need all of them to craft guns, and you need to craft guns if you want a decent weapon.
-Ammunition: Without bullets a guns is worth nothing. To produce ammo iron is required.

WEAPON TYPES
Pistols
-The most damaging pistol is the Colt Dragoon. However, it's the second least accurate.
-The Baby Dragoon is the least accurate and least powerful handgun, but it can be concealed (in v0.13).
-The Schofield and the Colt Single Action Army do the same damage, but the Colt is somewhat more accurate. Both are more accurate than the Dragoon.
Rifles
-Model 1861 Springfield Musket: Mid range muzzle-loader used during the Civil War. High damage but a looooong reload time. Outdated by this time period.
-Hawken Rifle: Decent mid-long range weapon. Good accuracy.High damage and a slightly better reload rate than the M.1861 compensate for its single shot. A great weapon for hunters.
-Sharps Rifle: Insane long range weapon. 100% accuracy and high damage makes it the closest thing to a sniper rifle. Amazing for fort wars. Suffers somewhat in close range for its fairly long reload time, single shot, and lackluster melee abilities.
Winchester Rifle: Good mid range weapon lever-action rifle. It's medium damage will sometimes take two shots to kill an enemy, but this no problem with the Winchester's 15 (!) ammo clip. It's decent all around stats allow it to excel in everything it does.
-Winchester 1887: Powerful close range shotgun. It's 8 round clip and high damage make this a great weapon for close in fighting, but a longer ranges it's accuracy and damage decreases dramatically.
-Spencer Repeating Rifle: More powerful, but less accurate and a smaller clip than the Winchester Rifle. A decent alternative if you can't afford the Winchester.
Melee
-Cavalry Saber: Fine light cavalry saber, will kill in two slashes to the chest or one to the head. Doesn't work right now due to a fault with the mod.

TOOLS
-Pick: Used to mine.
-Hammer: Used to craft and construct.
-Shears: Used to shear sheep for cloth.
-Hatchet (Axe): Used to chop wood.
-Bucket: Used to hold water.
-Matchbox: Used to start campfire.

BUILDING
-Use "Q" or press "B" to select the build menu. Chose the type of thing you want to build. Use the arrow keys to move it and "right shift" toggle rotate mode. Use "home" to toggle free rotate. Hold "right control" to move along the third axis (that is, the Y axis when rotating and the Z axis when positioning). Press "page down" to duplicate your last building. Press "delete" to delete your last building. When you're finished, press "end" to physicalize your building. When you create a building, a display will pop up showing you all the controls, in case you can't remember them.

Hope this helps everyone! I'll try to add to it as the mod progresses, as well as some screenshots. Feel free to post your own tips and tricks and I'll add them to. See you all on the frontier!

I updated some very outdated parts like classes etc. and maybe make a crafting recipe collection sometime later, a lot of new people have hard time making stuff.

Maybe we should try to collect crafting recipes as well?

I'm gonna start with some rifles.

Sharps rifle- 9 steel bars, from melted together iron and carbon ore along with 5 wood is necessary. First make a rifled longarm barrel at the anvil from the steel, along with a sharps receiver. Next to the workbench, make a longarm stock and then put all 3 pieces you made out on the workbench and you should have a rifle. For ammo, either get 3 iron bars or do this lil' glitch that most people uses, shoot in the ground pick the ammo up and then click I and reequip the ammo and it will be refilled.
Spencer rifle- same materials, but instead of a sharps receiver make a spencer receiver
-Bed, I dont remember how much wood, but 3 cloth and wood
-More to be added just some I remembered quickly

Hey folks. I've taken a look at your mod and I like it. Would be great to have some Roleplay going on in there! Are you people ever going to play it again? Host a game perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom