Voting Poll: Multiplayer as OSP?

Release Multiplayer as OSP?

• Yes, let the community balance the MP Game.

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • No, Scrap MP all together.

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys I do like the MP portion of the game but it is in a Beta state. I just don't have the time to work on it like I want to right now like I do for the single-player campaign. So what I decided to do was see if the community would rather finish it for me instead. What I will do is give you all a limited source used to mod the MP portion of the game. Or I can completely drop MP and make this a single-player only mod. I will still work on MP but it will only be very little as my main focus right now is the SP campaign. Tell me what you all think.

Personally I love SoD SP, it is the very reason why I became a fan of the projects in the first place. Naturally I would claim the MP would limit the potential time/effort for the campaign and be all for strict SP but I feel I shouldn't judge on that.

I am all for you leaving the source open or halt MP for now, in the end of the day I want to play the ever improving SoD campaign :grin:

My time and circumstances does not allow me to develop multiplayer campaigns, so I only play single player. 

As your self-designated test guy, I'm always willing to throw buggy features overboard to meet deadline.
As a player, I want to play it right now. 
As a semi-marketer for the mod, having the complaint-judo option of throwing multi-player whines back at the whiners by saying, "Here's the code, get coding or get quiet" makes me happy.

As the ModDB kerfluffle showed, you've built up a huge reservoir of good will with the modding community.  I think they will have no problem with cutting MP adrift and focusing on tight single play.

There is a very real chance that somebody will pick the MP side up and run with it like crazy. Since you have the control to decide if the result is worthy of the brand, it is fine to let others play with it. 

Lock it down, put on the crown, and go dancing. 

Daedelus_McGee said:
My time and circumstances does not allow me to develop multiplayer campaigns, so I only play single player.

What do you mean by that? Does the multiplayer involve general and traditional team deathmatch style etc? Or are you suggesting you can play the campaign with others online?

Belendor said:
What exactly you need to be done in MP side?
Well I can develop new game-modes but things like the armor and how troops are outfitted in MP. I'm just no good at that. Plaus many items still need to be balanced. You'll see upon release how atrocious I was at slapping together the equipment for the new SOD factions. Doing the MP is just really something that shouldn't be rushed. That's something I realized yesterday. But it does work. It really just needs lots of fine tuning.

Since I don't play MP I'd rather for the community to balance it out for me. I do have ideas planned for MP but right now I need to keep developing the SP portion to keep the mod moving forward.

Chezzlor said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
What do you mean by that? Does the multiplayer involve general and traditional team deathmatch style etc? Or are you suggesting you can play the campaign with others online?
My gameplay time is constrained and I can't get together on any kind of regular basis with folks I'd like to play with. One thing I love about SP is that I can pause the game when I want and pay attention to the real world.

ah I see.

I was wondering if Computica was developing some sort of co-op/online mode for campaign. It would be so complex but with enough changes I think someone out there could do it (At the expense of fast travel, fast rest/healing, fast siege, a few potential quest conflicts and very slow battles other players can jump in to during the whole period of time although that would be neat).

Anyway I would LOVE Warband/SoD co-op campaign. I would wet my pants with it. If camputica was working on something like that I would totally support it.

Back
Top Bottom